Oceania's Free Shuttles List

hoffdahl

Hi Hoffdahl -

Thanks for starting this thread. Most useful!

There's a roll call for the Continental Connoisseur cruise (I'm on that on, too) on case you haven't seen it. Doggone it, I couldn't get the URL to paste; you can see it under the Marina Roll Call section.

Do the shuttles run frequently as long as the ship is in port? We're travelling to Civitavecchia on our own to board Marina next April and wonder if we'll have to take a taxi from the train or can we walk to the gate and expect a shuttle to appear fairly quickly?

We travelled to Civitavecchia & took a taxi from outside the station cost Euro22 which took as right to the embarkation hall. It is a short walk from the station to the port entrance where you can get a shuttle. There are a lot of stairs to get

from the platform to the station entrance so really it depends on heavy your luggage & how you feel when you get there as to whether 22 Euro is seen as daylight robbery or money well spent.The taxi driver loaded & unloaded our luggage ,whilst I think on the shuttle its a case of lifting it on to the bus youself.

To add to the body of the tread since I haven't seen these ports addressed yet:

Corfu: There is a shuttle into town provided by the Port. Actually short shuttle ride from the ship to the port entrance, from there another shuttle into town.

Dubrovnik: If you dock outside of town, there is a shuttle into town, provided by the port. Drops you off by one of the main gates into the old city.

Venice: No shuttle but dock is in easy walking distance to the Alilaguna pier which will take you to St Marks or to the People Mover which will take you to Piazzale Roma where you can get a vaporatto.

Monte Carlo: No shuttle but it is walkable into town or there is a hoho type bus (Le Grande Tour) which stops close to the ship.

Kotor: No shuttle, but the ship docks right outside of the old town.

All of the above based on the Marina. The smaller ships may dock differently so info can vary.

Thank you Hoffdahl for starting this thread, its very helpful.

For those of you who did have a shuttle to Taormina did this go from the little town at the bottom of the hill all the way up to Taormina and back again? About how often? Will be there on Nautica. Thanks, Sherry

On the Marina we tendered in outside of town. Nautica may do something different.

Edited by cruzmaven

When we were docked in Skagway this summer on Regatta and enjoying a nice afternoon on the aft veranda (80% chance of rain had been forecasted, but it turned out to be a sunny day), we watched many Princess passengers (their ship was docked immediately behind the Regatta) getting rides on small shuttles to and from their ship, but I don't think there were any provided for Regatta passengers in Skagway.

I would like to start a record of Oceania passengers' experiences with Free shuttles. I think this will help future cruisers plan for their activities at the various stops. I know it is a frequent question on this forum!

I was on Marina, April 2011, Pearls of the Riviera:

Valencia - Free shuttle took us near the train station. This was a great starting off point for a walking tour of the historic areas.

Palma de Mallorca - Free shuttle to an area below the cathedral which was used by several bus tour groups. We crossed busy street and had a short walk to stairs up to the cathedral area. Several stairs to climb to the church itself.

Marseille - Free shuttle to a convenient area to start some exploring. We were just steps away from the little HOHO tourist "trains" that have 2 routes through the city.

Sorrento - A short free shuttle ride helped us avoid a climb up the hill to the town's main square. From there it was a short walk to the train station where we got a ride into Pompeii.

Monte Carlo, Portofino, Amalfi - none needed

Livorno - We took a private tour so I don't know what was available.

Next year we plan to go on "Continental Connoisseur" and I would like to know what is available in Le Havre, Saint-Malo, Concarneau, La Rochelle, Verdon, Bilbao, La Coruna, Oporto, Lisbon, Cadiz, and Casablanca. I hope others of you will contribute to this thread, and thanks in advance for those of you who do.

We are also on the same cruise as you next year and it is great to have the information that everyone is posting re shuttles. Also re the Nautica in Halong Bay we did have a shuttle that took us to where the market was located.

Edited by nettarj
  • Thanks 1

Originally Posted by hoffdahl viewpost.gif

I would like to start a record of Oceania passengers' experiences with Free shuttles. I think this will help future cruisers plan for their activities at the various stops. I know it is a frequent question on this forum!

Valencia - Free shuttle took us near the train station. This was a great starting off point for a walking tour of the historic areas.

Palma de Mallorca - Free shuttle to an area below the cathedral which was used by several bus tour groups. We crossed busy street and had a short walk to stairs up to the cathedral area. Several stairs to climb to the church itself.

Marseille - Free shuttle to a convenient area to start some exploring. We were just steps away from the little HOHO tourist "trains" that have 2 routes through the city.

Sorrento - A short free shuttle ride helped us avoid a climb up the hill to the town's main square. From there it was a short walk to the train station where we got a ride into Pompeii.

Next year we plan to go on "Continental Connoisseur" and I would like to know what is available in Le Havre, Saint-Malo, Concarneau, La Rochelle, Verdon, Bilbao, La Coruna, Oporto, Lisbon, Cadiz, and Casablanca. I hope others of you will contribute to this thread, and thanks in advance for those of you who do.

We are also on the same cruise as you next year and it is great to have the information that everyone is posting re shuttles. Also re the Nautica in Halong Bay we did have a shuttle that took us to where the market was located.

Livorno had a shuttle to town; from there one could take a local bus to the train station (if one wanted to)

Originally Posted by hoffdahl viewpost.gif

Livorno had a shuttle to town; from there one could take a local bus to the train station (if one wanted to)

Great idea to have a 'Shuttle List'

We are also booked on 'Cont.Connoisseur' sept 12th also. Have read a few posts on shuttles for a similar itimerary in the roll calls... Paulchili, I would be interested in knowing what your excursion plans are. I am part of a few CC private excursions and am looking to share something for LeHavre (D-Day Beaches) will keep an eye out for you on our Roll Call!

Great idea to have a 'Shuttle List'

We are also booked on 'Cont.Connoisseur' sept 12th also. Have read a few posts on shuttles for a similar itimerary in the roll calls... Paulchili, I would be interested in knowing what your excursion plans are. I am part of a few CC private excursions and am looking to share something for LeHavre (D-Day Beaches) will keep an eye out for you on our Roll Call!

Sorry about any misunderstanding - I am not sure why you thought we will be on that cruise.

We were on it in 2011.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Anyone know about Ashdod? From what I understand, every cruise line must offer shuttle (for security reasons you can't walk through the port) and I wonder if the Oceania shuttle goes only to the port terminal or further into the city.

I am booking a rental car there. Avis is the one nearest the port, but if the shuttle drops off deeper in town it may be closer to Hertz or Sixt.

Hi I see you have taken many cruises. Would you be able to tell me what was your favourite. Planning for 2013 and wondering. have done Hawaii, River Cruise down Danube. Med cruise reply be appreciated thanx Liz

• 2 weeks later...

I can tell you from being on a previous line (AZ) that did not have a shuttle to the town square to catch to train, we had to find the coffee shop (that was interesting) outside the dockyard to buy the bus ticket, to get on the bus, to get to the train station.

Having a shuttle right to the train station is very helpful for those of us who do our own excursions.