2 "trick" questions????

patry

hi we are going on a cruise on november my husband and me.. can we get the next cruise for our fourteen year old daughter who is going on excursion group next year in europe..if buy it can she used it.. and another question when she goes to that trip next summer her cruise point also would apply to us,since she got her platinum status from us????

Not sure on the group thing that gets a little tricky depending on the group type. Only the person sailing gets the points. So if you have 6 (or whatever it is now) and she inherited her status it was only add to hers, so if she is a 5 point platinum she then goes up to 6. It will only matter if she will go up to the next level.

thanks!!anyone else??????????????

Sue said it all - and she absolutely knows her stuff. If she books as part of a group, which it appears she will, then I don't know that a next cruise certificate would apply. I would check with the loyalty ambassador on board once you know her situation.

I would still check, but we booked our Explorer cruise while on Oasis with the full knowledge of sailing with a group. We were able to book it for the $100 deposit while on the ship. When we got home, our TA, who was on Oasis with us, said to get the group we had to pay the full deposit amount. We did preserve the OBC from the on-Board booking just had to pony up the extra $$ for deposit. There was no change in the overall price. Again, please check with RCI either on board or on the phone (with email follow-up) so you don't get disappointed.

Oh, C&A points are awarded to those who actually are on the ship. If it were not that way DW, DS & I would be Emerald and 1 away from Diamond.

hi we are going on a cruise on november my husband and me.. can we get the next cruise for our fourteen year old daughter who is going on excursion group next year in europe..if buy it can she used it.. and another question when she goes to that trip next summer her cruise point also would apply to us,since she got her platinum status from us????

I believe you can only get a next cruise certificate for yourself. If YOU are accompanying your daughter on the European Cruise then you possibly could, but I don't believe you can get a next cruise certificate in your daughter's name.

If your question is: Does your daughter go from 5 points to 6 (for this it is much easier to use the old point system) on the group cruise? I think the correct answer is - Depends, and no, I do not mean the undergarments.

It depends on whether or not she earned her Platinum status by sailing with you. It was my understanding that although everyone in the household shares in the status, individuals earn points. So if she has the same number of cruises as you - then she is 1 cruise closer to the next level.

Archived