Pre-Cruise Hotel Fort Lauderdale

weisbaden

Does anyone have any suggestions on a Hotel. I have been looking online, we sail Jan 14th on the Oasis. I am getting overwhelmed, would rather spend my money on the ship. Would be nice if I could find something nice and not dumpy for one night. Looking at the prices in Jan and am blown away by the prices. Do I need to book maybe closer to the time?

Any help would be appreciated.:confused:

. I am getting overwhelmed, would rather spend my money on the ship. Would be nice if I could find something nice and not dumpy for one night. Looking at the prices in Jan and am blown away by the prices. Do I need to book maybe closer to the time?

Book early because they can fill up fast. Based on your description I will recommend the Rodeway Inn that is just 5 miles from the port. They have a free shuttle to the port and it is well run. The hotel was "good enough" for us. It reminds me of any hotel you would find along the interstate. Its not as fancy as the ones people usually recommend here. They did have a nice sports bar that we got dinner at. We paid $89 last May, 1/2 what others paid for places like the Embassy suites. I would have probably paid more, but there was 6 ships in port and "fleet week" going on May 1st. This place was clean and we slept well. They had us to the port by 11am.

PS, I think its listed as Rodeway Inn - Dania Beach - Oh, and I got a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel there when we arrived. It was there as soon as I walked out with my luggage from the Airtran terminal.

On my last trip out of Port Everglades my wife and I stayed at the Renaissance Inn. It was very nice and within walking distance of many restaurants. It is also very close to the port, you can actaully see the entrance from the hotel. I believe I payed around $90 for one night, but I thought it was well worth it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a Hotel. I have been looking online, we sail Jan 14th on the Oasis. I am getting overwhelmed, would rather spend my money on the ship. Would be nice if I could find something nice and not dumpy for one night. Looking at the prices in Jan and am blown away by the prices. Do I need to book maybe closer to the time?

Hi, I was basically in the same spot, but for February, 2 nights. Prices are through the roof. We were set on staying at the beach, but after seeing the prices, decided to book on Last Minute Travel (dot com) for the airport area--got a great deal for around $65 a night (including taxes) for the Hilton FLL Airport. Also rented a car and are still way ahead. Nothing around the hotel, but if that's not important to you, you might want to check it out. Look at that site for sure, there are other options as well!

You are traveling in South Florida's travel "season" which means that hotels are more expensive. If you go a bit away from the port, you will find cheaper hotels. I know there is a Clarion a bit farther from the port that has a free airport and free port shuttle. Don't limit yourself to hotels within the immediate area of the port.

DW and I are going on a cruise in December and using Priceline I was able to bid $65 and get the Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Beach...it looks nice enough, and it's in a decent location. I am bummed that it doesn't have free shuttles to the airport nor to the cruise port, but taxis are not that expensive and DW and I have enjoyed the other Sheratons we've stayed in. +1 vote for Priceline, although I do like the transparency of Hotwire (you can usually cross-reference the number of rooms/floors to figure out what hotel you're looking at).

You can book something now that you can live with but is cancelable. Then around Dec. look for left over rooms on the discount sites. Right now yes, prices are higher than I've seen for awhile in Jan and Feb. But scaring cutomers away now will leave more rooms for last minute shoppers later.:)

Might want to check out Sleep Inn in Dania fl.

Archived