Deep sea fishing

weisbaden

I had asked this question earlier in a thread, so I am assuming it is way out there somewhere, did not get any responses. Trying again.

Has anyone booked the deep sea fishing excurision and how was it.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking for the same exact information! I posted the inquiry in another thread under Royal Carribean - the only response I received in regards to the deep sea fishing was that they heard from other people it doesn't always fill up so they cancel it due to low participation - but I would love to hear from someone that has done it (through Royal Caribbean) to decide whether I should book it for my upcoming cruise (in December).

I had asked this question earlier in a thread, so I am assuming it is way out there somewhere, did not get any responses. Trying again.

Has anyone booked the deep sea fishing excurision and how was it.

Thanks

I booked it through the ship ( rci ) but it was fun. Its kinda expensive if you dont catch anything. We were heading out of the bay and we drew cards for who was in the chair first and I drew the Ace of Spades, so the Capt got the lines out and we were trolling and my wife asked me how they knew there was a bite. I said, ya see those lures skipping across the top of the water.... all of sudden, bang, up jumped a Mahi Mahi and took off running. So I jumped in the chair and fought it for about 15 mins and it ran towards us and reeled as fast as I could and then it dove and jumped as high as it could and was flipping all around and spit the hook. My wife did manage to get a pix of it jumping, but it was the old story; big one that got away, but this was a real story...lol

Thanks for the info, my husband is doing this solo, I am going shopping.

Were there a lot of people on this excursion?

I was afraid that rcc my cancel due to lack of interest.

Was thinking about booking a private charter in St Thomas if this didn't work out, but rcc is cheaper than the charter prices for 4-6 people.:o

Archived