First timer RCI- pool size

kms118

Sooo..... we have been Carnival cruisers, but are totally open to cruising with other lines. I think it's neat to explore other options! We are sailing with RCI on the Mariner and I have another question. I was telling my sister that the pools I have seen on my cruises are very, very small. She was a bit shocked. Then I read somewhere that the pools on this ship are larger than what Carnival usually has. To be honest, I think we have only been in a cruise pool once. It was always packed with drunks (except in Alaska) who I know are probably peeing in the pool and in such a tiny pool it kinda grossed me out.

Do you go in the pools/hot tubs? Are the pools a decent size? Am I being a germaphobe? lol ;)

Sooo..... we have been Carnival cruisers, but are totally open to cruising with other lines. I think it's neat to explore other options! We are sailing with RCI on the Mariner and I have another question. I was telling my sister that the pools I have seen on my cruises are very, very small. She was a bit shocked. Then I read somewhere that the pools on this ship are larger than what Carnival usually has. To be honest, I think we have only been in a cruise pool once. It was always packed with drunks (except in Alaska) who I know are probably peeing in the pool and in such a tiny pool it kinda grossed me out.

No cruise ship pool is particularly large, however, you will find Mariner's to be noticeably larger than your Carnival experiences. Not only are they bigger, but there are 2, side-by-side. And just forward of them, in a separate area, is an adults only pool.

.....To be honest, I think we have only been in a cruise pool once. It was always packed with drunks (except in Alaska) who I know are probably peeing in the pool and in such a tiny pool it kinda grossed me out.

Do you go in the pools/hot tubs? Are the pools a decent size? Am I being a germaphobe? lol ;)

Never go near them, one of the reasons you have expounded above! You are certainly not being a germaphobe, simply applying common sense!

on the oasis there are plenty of pools but they are standing room only....no swimming laps!!!

the main pools were particularly busy, but good enough for a quick dip to cool off. We preferred the solarium pool, although smaller it was a muc quieter area.

This was one of the two main pools on voyager, same class as Mariner.

Plus there was a huge pool in the back with gigantic hot tubs (compared to Carnival).

I could not get both pools into the picture from the lounge.

Picture198.jpg

adult hot tubs.. gigantic.

Picture236-1.jpg

This was one of the two main pools on voyager, same class as Mariner.

Plus there was a huge pool in the back with gigantic hot tubs (compared to Carnival).

I could not get both pools into the picture from the lounge.

Picture198.jpg

adult hot tubs.. gigantic.

Picture236-1.jpg

That was so gross to see an obviously non toilet trained baby in the hot tub. Bad for hygiene, and unhealthy for such a young baby.

Plus, that hot tub is in the Adults Only Solarium. :rolleyes:

I never noticed the baby to be honest when I was taking the pictures.

I know I was accused over and over on some other thread where people tried to prove I photo shopped the picture. I assure you it was accidental, and I dont know how to photo shop. Thats why the picture now is so large, I blew it up trying to prove it was a real baby.

It really was accidental .. I just thought wow these are so large I want to take a picture. I posted some picture of Tulum last cruise and several people wanted to know who the couple was standing in front of me.. no clue. lol

I must not be very good at pictures like you are aquahound. I just snap away and dont even know how to turn on and off the flash to be honest.

Thank you all!

That baby in the hot-tub is awful! Way too hot for the babe and I hope he didn't have a poopy diaper! I know adults pee in the pool, sooooo nasty, but they do it- especially when drinking!

The FOS pools are so large and take up most of deck 11. The first area is the kids H20 zone, then the pools, then the Solarium.

Even the H20 Zone has a pool with water falls coming down the wall. This is one reason why I picked RCI

on the oasis there are plenty of pools but they are standing room only....no swimming laps!!!

the main pools were particularly busy, but good enough for a quick dip to cool off. We preferred the solarium pool, although smaller it was a muc quieter area.

I'll definitely agree with you here. The pools do get very crowded, but they are still great for a quick cool off in the hot weather.

Here is another pic of Navigator's pools, exactly the same as the Mariner:

Here are the main pools:

SDC11846.jpg

Here is the solarium pool:

SDC11848.jpg

Archived