Why!!!

chockhead

Do so many people put negative feedback about the pettyist things, i have 9 weeks until i travel, but am starting to think is it worth it if things are so bad.

This will be our first cruise.

Could you be a bit more specific?

David.

Do so many people put negative feedback about the pettyist things, i have 9 weeks until i travel, but am starting to think is it worth it if things are so bad.

Hi Chockhead

Don't worry about some of the moans and groans you've read, I'm sure you will have a great time! We've done a fair few cruises ranging from 7 nights to 35 nights long and have never had a bad one yet:D.

Is there anything in particular that's worrying you or putting you off?

Debbie:)

They must be things that upset them. If they don't upset you then don't worry - it means you'll be ok ! (And i'm sure you will have a great cruise!) :)

If negative reviews is enough to put someone off you'd never go anywhere on your hols - just read trip advisor! :rolleyes:

I like to read people's opinions, after all we are all entitled to one.

The world is full of people who have vastly different expectation, personally I go to have a great time and any little problems are soon forgotten (I find a glass of wine or a cocktail helps with that :D)

Sometimes people's negative posts can be useful, especially things like good/bad cabins, although even that can vary depending on who posts.

Take the reviews with a pinch of salt and make your own mind up, that's what I intend to do! :)

It's all about the character of each person and how they deal with life. A minor irritation to one, might be a major issue to another and yet a third person might not even notice it. Some folk are obviously moved sufficiently by an experience to let us all know how awful it was and, while some of us might agree with them, others would wonder what all the fuss was about.

I worked with someone who was so stressed that he found it difficult to cope with many situations that most people dealt with easily. Another colleague was so "laid-back" that nothing bothered him at all - he would deal with anything that came his way in a calm, relaxed manner and everyone envied him his temperament.

Of course we have lifes serial moaners who will complain about everything, but I think mostly that it's just that one of us has had a difficult time and needs to get something off our chest and find someone in agreement with us. Having another person who understands and agrees with us is a great feeling.

forget what other folks say go on your cruise and see for yourself.

if theres 3000 folk on a ship there will always be one who doesnt like it .

after 26 cruises we look forward to our next one with the same excitement.

cruising is a great way of hoildaying enjoy

One reason is that people are more likely to post about something that didn't live up to their expectations rather than something that did. No cruise is ever perfect and I'm sure we could all write a long list of petty grumbles if we were that way inclined.

Lots of 'one post wonders' find their way to cruise critic just to vent.

Much depends on the poster; regular posters are often cruise addicts, so they are experienced and just voicing their findings and preferences, which can be useful if the poster normally has balanced views.

Cruising's not for everyone: there were lots of new cruisers on my last P&O cruise who didn't like it at all, or so they said (read complained), however lots did enjoy it and have booked their next cruise they enjoyed it so much.

Cruise critic is a brilliant resource for researching your much looked forward to cruise, so don't give up on it. Hopefully, you'll be giving your own advice and opinions on your return ;)

Some people are never happy unless they have something to complain about. This is unfortunately true of some P&O regulars. By all means draw attention to a serious failing which may impact on future passengers, but if your complaint is that the type of biscuits provided in the cabin has changed ... you are a sad case!

Cruises are so different from other holidays. For your cruise price you want superb food exactly to your liking, large, spacious, well designed, clean cabins, amazing entertainment, a spotless ship, a choice of places to sit in the sun and shade, a choice of bars and restaurants, good value drinks, other shipmates who match your view of good cruising companions, staff that fall over themselves to please, itiniaries that meet your exact needs and all of this on a floating vessel that keeps to schedule and is safe.

There is so much for people to have a pop at in this list that it is inevitable that for some where one or more aspects fall below their expectations that they feel the need to let others know which is fine, however there are some who let one or two aspects they are not happy with taint their view of everything else which leads to the damning reviews that appear, usually titled 'never again'.

Ive sat at a shared table about to comment about how lovely the food has been so far on the cruise when a table mate piped up about the food being the worst they have ever had on a cruise ship. If we both posted reviews, who to believe?

When I booked our 1st cruise on the newish Arcadia as it was then in 2006 - having been at sea for about a year, the reviews were very mixed indeed as she was not only child-free but a completely different style from the classic decor of Aurora and Oriana. This ship was stylish, modern and contemporary and not to everyones taste!!! Especially the old-school cruisers who preferred the more traditional fittings and large centre atrium.

I also got a bit upset reading the mixed reviews as this cruise was to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary and was our first big holiday after having 16 years of holidays with our children in the UK . BUT EVERYING WAS WONDERFUL when we got onboard and to the newbie you will be impressed honestly. The moaners are usually cruisers who have been cruising for years and like to compare to the 'good old days' I lost count of the people who moaned 'she's not like ORRRRR IANAAAA :rolleyes:.

Go on your ship with a open mind and read the good reviews, not just the bad, as there are bad reviews on every ship in the world including the 6* star ones, so just go and enjoy.!

Cruises are so different from other holidays. For your cruise price you want superb food exactly to your liking, large, spacious, well designed, clean cabins, amazing entertainment, a spotless ship, a choice of places to sit in the sun and shade, a choice of bars and restaurants, good value drinks, other shipmates who match your view of good cruising companions, staff that fall over themselves to please, itiniaries that meet your exact needs and all of this on a floating vessel that keeps to schedule and is safe.

Wow! I didn't realise we were all so picky, but you're right, we want all of those things don't we? :o

Prior to the first time we sailed on Ventura we read so much bad press and reviews about Ventura that we went as far as trying to get P&O to move us to a similar itinerary cruise on Oceana. They refused without incurring significant costs and we are pleased that that did, because we loved it on Ventura and returned for another cruise in the same year.

Don't beleive all you read as some people let a few minor things ruin their whole experience - I won't pretend that absolutely everything will be exactly to your liking, but with so many different aspects of the cruise to judge it would be un realistic to expect it to be - but for the overall experience I think will enjoy it.

You can go on to cruise review sites and see 2 reviews next to each other for the same cruise - 1 is 1* and 1 is 5* as you can find on tripadvisor for hotels. I am amazed when cruisers complain about the food - what are they used to eating at home ??

Archived