Carnival Liberty review from a different POV

jlwkth

Just LOVE your review! What makes it even more exciting is that my 2 daughters and I are on the same ship and itinerary in November! Can't wait!

I laughed at the picture when you said this was the only shot of your brother that he agreed to pose in. I have a 14 year old who thinks the same way!!

What a beautiful vow ceremony and pictures! What an awesome idea! My husband and I will be married 25 years next year and are planning a November 2012 cruise, so thanks so much for posting about that, it would be lovely if we could do it too!!

Looking forward to your next stop!!

Thank you so much! You guys will have an awesome time on your trip, and you'll get to enjoy the Liberty's big renovation! I can't wait to see what they're going to add.

Yay! Grand Cayman!:

Because Grand Cayman is a tender port and because we had an early excursion, we had to wake up at 6:30 :eek: We also had to go to the buffet for breakfast, which is okay, but is certainly not as good as the MDR. After breakfast everyone but Nancy caught the first tender to shore. Sadly Nancy had, had an asthma attack at three in the morning, and was also battling a cold. She stayed on the ship so she could get medical care.

After a short tender ride to port, we found our excursion group, and waited around until the excursion began.

BG

Hanging out on the bathroom steps. Yup we were definitely the coolest people there. :rolleyes:

BG

BG

At 9 we got on a bus and drove to Seven Mile Beach, where the Beauty III was waiting to take us to stingray city!

When we got on the Beauty III, one of the crew members said that there were seats at the very front boat that we could sit on, so we took them before anyone else got the chance.:p It was great decision, because it was a long boat ride, and it was really hot inside.

BG

Everyone was so excited to swim with the stingrays, and just a little bit scared.

BG

BG

chillin on the front of the boat

BG

The closer you got to the sandbar, the prettier the water became, changing from deep blue to blue-green and finally to a crystal clear aquamarine.

BG

As soon as we got to the sand bar we could see tons of stingrays swimming among the boats and people.

BG

BG

BG

After a last couple photos it was time to grab some goggles and jump in. I admit I was kind of scared to go in the water; I was afraid that I was going to step on a barb and die, but I sucked it up and went in anyway. I'm really glad I did because it was actually really fun to be so close to such amazing creatures; to be able to touch them and feed them. It was definitely a uniquely wonderful experience. Feeding them was especially unique. What you had to do was get a piece of squid from the guide, wrap your thumb and fingers around the bottom of it, and put your hand with the squid in it underneath the stingray. Then the stingray would suck it up like a vacuum. It was such a weird feeling, but it made me laugh.

Too soon it was time to leave, so we took the same seats and headed back to shore wishing we had more time to spend with the rays.

BG

BG

BG

BG

The Liberty! She was always the only cruise ship at all of the ports.

BG

Almost to the dock

Once we were off the boat we got back on the bus and headed to the Cayman Turtle Farm where we were going to hold and swim with green sea turtles!

Once we got to the farm we went to the touch tanks where we got to hold the year old turtles.

BG

they were really squirmy and didn't like to be held

BG

BG

BG

That big guy is actually albino

BG

BG

I gotta say, it's hard to believe that the little girl in the pics is the one that wrote such a good review. You write very well and I'm impressed.

When we went to the turtle farm they were "harvesting" the bigger turtles from the big middle section with a crane. We asked our guide, Charles, what they were going to do with the older turtles that they were taking out, he said that they kill them and send the meat to restaurants all over the world. :eek: At least they're born there for that reason so it's not a big deal. It still sucks cuz they're so cute.

Great review and wonderful pictures. It is really cool to hear your perspective on the cruise.

Tell your Mom she looked fabulous in both her renewal dress and her formal gown, wow, really a beautiful dress. Congrats Mom and Dad:D

My mom says thank you.:) and so do I.

Archived