military OBC on Princess?

alpenglow

Check out this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1360771&highlight=military+obc

In the future, you can do a search of the boards for questions you remember seeing answers to -- if you look just above the columns of numbers on the right side of the page (where they show # of posts, etc.), you'll see a Search box. If you click on that, you can input terms like "Military OBC" and up will pop all kinds of threads with useful info. Or you can just ask again, but sometimes it's quicker to try a search first.

Yes, you can apply for the credits, but do so with plenty of time in advance. I emailed a month ago sending in the applications and copies of our retired military id cards. I called a few days ago to follow up, 30 days after I emailed and they have no record. So I have emailed again and will also fax too. Go onto the Princess website for details.

I sent the form, copy of my DD214 and DL to my TA and he took care of it. He has since taken care of it for my upcoming Princess cruise as well. I did find out though that Princess will not give a veterans OBC and stock holder OBC both. :(

I sent the form, copy of my DD214 and DL to my TA and he took care of it. He has since taken care of it for my upcoming Princess cruise as well. I did find out though that Princess will not give a veterans OBC and stock holder OBC both. :(

My agent ( who turned out to be not very good in several ways) told me that as well. anyway its changed, the OBC is now combinable, I emailed Princess and got a reply in the affirmative.

Various members here have also posted that they have received both.

I got my stockholder OBC in a week, but after a few mishaps I'm still waiting for the military OBC. And we sail next week.

This is incorrect. When Princess first announced the plan they said someone could not get both the shareholder and military OBC. Shortly afterward they changed so a person can get both. There have been numerous post by people who go both.

Yes, you can apply for the credits, but do so with plenty of time in advance. I emailed a month ago sending in the applications and copies of our retired military id cards. I called a few days ago to follow up, 30 days after I emailed and they have no record. So I have emailed again and will also fax too. Go onto the Princess website for details.

I received OBC for military service last year. This year when I booked, Princess added it automatically. I did not have to reapply.

Sometimes good old antiquated snail mail will win the day. I was in a situation where I was busy with no convenient fax machine and no time to scan and email , so I popped the application and copy of my retired ID in and mailed it. Voila! A week later Princess emailed my revised confirmation showing the OBC was added.

alpenglow;

The first time I applied for Military OBC my TA did not know anything about it. So, I handled the request myself.

After Princess approved the OBC they contacted my TA who called wanting to know what it was all about? I explained it again to her.

Bob

I never knew of this benefit until I saw it on Cruise Critic. I sent in my DD-214 along with the form from the Princess web site via regular mail, and received the OBC in a little over a week. THANK YOU to the Cruise Critic people and THANK YOU, Princess. This little perk means a lot, and it will continue to mean a lot when I'm looking to book additional cruises in the futere.

I received OBC for military service last year. This year when I booked, Princess added it automatically. I did not have to reapply.

It looks like, after you apply for military OBC, it goes on your following cruises automatic. I have tried to check on some bookings, and after I enter my e-mail address and pass word, the OBC shows up below the pricing for trip. I then tried the same cruise, but used my wives pass word, and no OBC.

Has Princess finally automated that part of booking ?? :rolleyes:

Cato ;)

Completed Cruises !

First cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

Second cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

Third cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

Fourth cruise - Golden Princes, 12 June 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

Fifth Cruise - Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver - Los Angeles, Repositioning

Sixth cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

Seventh cruise - Golden Princess, 11 May 2011, 3 day, LA to Vancouver, Repositioning

Eighth cruise - Sapphire Princess, 14 May 2011, 1 day, Vancouver to Seattle, Repositioning

Ninth cruise - Coral Princess 19 May 2011 2 day, San Francisco to Vancouver, Repositioning

Tenth & Eleventh cruises - Coral Princess 02 July to 16 July 2011, round trip Vancouver - Whittier Alaska, B2B

Future & Hopeful Cruises !

( Already booked )

Twelfth & Thirteenth cruises - Sapphire Princess, x2, Cabins, 18 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning

Fourteenth & Fifteenth cruises - Golden Princess, x2, Cabins, 24 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning.

Sixteenth cruise - Oasis of the Seas, 26 Nov. 2011, 7 day, Western Caribbean, Ft. Lauderdale, Ret.

Seventeeth & Eighteenth cruises - Crown Princess B2B, 03 - 10 Dec & 10 - 17 Dec 2011, 14 Days, South & western Caribbean

Archived