Belize / Coral Breeze Tours

yost van dyke

Has anybody done the coral Breeze tours (Coral Garden, Shark Alley and lunch on caye caulker)? We have it booked with the assumption that the snorkeling is great at coral gardens? After reading that the snorkeling is really good off tabyanna beach in roatan i am now wondering if the 75.00 pp is worth it or will we be disapointed. We usually go to the BVI,s to snorkel and just dont want to be disapointed

Has anybody done the coral Breeze tours (Coral Garden, Shark Alley and lunch on caye caulker)? We have it booked with the assumption that the snorkeling is great at coral gardens? After reading that the snorkeling is really good off tabyanna beach in roatan i am now wondering if the 75.00 pp is worth it or will we be disapointed. We usually go to the BVI,s to snorkel and just dont want to be disapointed

We did that excursion a couple of years ago and had a great time. My only regret was we didn't get to spend enough time on Caye Caulker. The snorkeling pretty good. I've seen better in Hawaii, but it was still good. The people running the boat took really good care of us.

If it were me I would snorkel both places. Keep in mind I have not snorkeled in Roatan.

Good Luck!

Wiz

We just did this excursion in Aug. We snorkel every cruise. This was not one of my favorites. I am glad we had the experience but I would not do it again. Our boat had around 35 ppl on it. We did get to see barracuda, and eel - the sharks and rays were very cool to be swimming with but the water was very rough that day and made it difficult for some ppl to get close to them when the guide caught it to touch.

We've also done the excursion and enjoyed it - it's been a while. I was only 1 of a few that got out of the boat and into the water where the shark and rays come.

We've used Coral Breeze 4 or 5 times now for different excursions - this one being done twice because we had a different group with us each time.

The snorkeling is not as good as in Hawaii. Almost nothing has been that good. And the rough water is luck of the draw.

We have been to Tabyana twice - never thought to snorkel. I think it's a pretty good swim out to where you would snorkel. Never had the energy to want to swim that far - just stayed on the beach and enjoyed the music, drinks and friends.

Enjoy your cruise!

Kathy

Please be aware that this excursion is not for experienced snorkelers - you will be required to wear ugly orange life jacket and will not be able to venture on your own.

I have done the tour you described twice and have snorkeled Roatan (Fins and Flippers and Tabanaya).

Did shark tour with coral breeze back in '06 and again last year. Last year, there was no sharks, they said the cruise ships scared them off. We noticed that a lot of the coral was dead and we saw far fewer fish. We liked the little island though. Overall, it was very sad.

On the other hand, Tabanaya is fantastic, saw more fish there than on the coral breeze tour (we did that the day before) and I say go there, go there before it too, has dead coral.

I had these guys cancel on me last minute due to lack of people booking their tour, which they should've known more than a day or two before the cruise.. Gave me no time to do anything but book a tour through the cruise line. It left a bad taste in my mouth. I will never book with them again.

I have done the tour you described twice and have snorkeled Roatan (Fins and Flippers and Tabanaya).

Did shark tour with coral breeze back in '06 and again last year. Last year, there was no sharks, they said the cruise ships scared them off. We noticed that a lot of the coral was dead and we saw far fewer fish. We liked the little island though. Overall, it was very sad.

On the other hand, Tabanaya is fantastic, saw more fish there than on the coral breeze tour (we did that the day before) and I say go there, go there before it too, has dead coral.

The reason the coral is dead, the sharks are not there and there is less fish is that this and other tour company allowed tourists to touch corals, something that more experienced snorkelers (and divers) would never think of doing.

IMHO, you really can't go wrong with Coral Breeze. We have used them for this snorkel trip two times a year for like the last six + years & have always had a super time & the local lunch on Caye Caulker is not to be missed.

If you do not want to wear the life vest to snorkel, why not invest in a snorkel vest which are great to have.

Snorkeling at Tayabana Beach is also great but that experience is a bit different. We snorkel at Belize & Roatan on every cruise. No place like these two spots here in the US.

Enjoy Belize !!

Bill in FL

Archived