"Adjusting gratuity via front desk"

Mimmers

Thank you Sapper for clearing that up - you are right -- it has been years since we have spent a lot of time in England and have gotten away from the way the British talk.

Sorry Stephen.

I am so glad that you saw my post and understood what I was trying to say.

We've sailed Seabourn where the gratuity is included in the base fare. No one has to think about tipping, to whom, when, or how much. Tipping is never mentioned on either the SB CC board or on the ship. It's all taken care of by the cruiseline out of your fare. How much of what you've paid for the cruise is for tips or how it is divided is unknown- not the pax concern. The stewards were wonderful, so they must be happy. Best service we've ever had.

Every cruiseline should do it this way.

The only sensible way!

If HAL want to charge everyone $11 per day extra for 'hotel charges' to make their employees wages up to something acceptable, then they should do the transparent and decent thing and include the charge in the basic cruise fare.

PPS: Someone told me that my posts appear "wider" than others in the same thread.

Could you please report back on this?

Yes, because of the way you have your countdown clocks all side-by-side your posts are double the width of any others for anybody that has Signatures enabled. (I don't, so it doesn't bother me. :) )

If you don't want to stack them vertically, you should at least put a "new line" (aka carriage return aka Enter) after the second one so that they're two-by-two.

If you need help changing that, email me

Hadn't realized just how dry your feet had gotten :rolleyes:

I was going to suggest prayer until I saw the upcoming cruises in your signature.

Seems you are on the same Zuidy canal entrance & turn around as a certain Cocoa lover ;)

Then we have a cocktail date the evening before ? ? :cool:

Welcome back,

Thanks! Yes, I've got two excellent cruises up-coming and am looking forward to both.

I arrive in Fort Lauderdale on Sunday evening at 8:30 pm, so that's probably a little too late. I've got Hotel arrangements where Ruth is staying.

PPS: Someone told me that my posts appear "wider" than others in the same thread.

Could you please report back on this?

Looks fine on my screen. My resolution is set at 1920 x 1200, however, and your cruise ship countdowns might well be causing a problem for people using a lower resolution.

Archived