opinions...please

moonmom

My situation is this: I am deciding between two dates for a cruise. I am already booked on Legend in July. Traveling solo so its pretty expensive that time of year...i found the same cruise in Sept/Oct. for $1200 less !

July : aft balcony on 8 : i like the idea of getting sun on it...higher deck and my birthday - BUT...i'll be getting off a cruise on june 26th...too close?

Sept/Oct: price (of course) same cabin; but on deck 56...maybe quieter since school is in session? will the weather be ok? any sun with the bigger overhang at that time of year?

anyone have any advice...?

Seems crazy to spend the extra $...i could get a corner aft cat 11 in sept or oct. for the same price as i'd be paying in july!....

The big difference is in Sept. you are in hurricane season. And since I live in Florida, I have just experienced it four times first hand. My favorite time to cruise is the first two weeks in Dec. Beautiful weather in the islands, warm but not so hot you die and the lowest prices of the year and NO KIDS. Not they I don't love kids, I love them to pieces, but it's nice without them occasionally.:D

We have sailed 2 times in September

1st time no problem with the weather.

2nd time was last year. Hurricane Francis was not fun but we went anyway and made the best of it. It's the chance you take and we would do it again.

I have sailed a few times in September-- for the money savings taht is when I would cruise. also less kids. But if you are interested in certain ports and woul dbe heartbroken if something went wrong...dont book in September as ports can change due to weather conditions.

thanks for the replies...what do you guys (gals) think about october? when does hurricane season "end" anyway?

serene56: its not really about the ports on this trip...i'll be on my own..and plan to be very flex. with plans....relaxing anywhere in the sun sounds good enuf to me :p

have also cruised in October out of New Orleans to the Western Carribean and it was wonderful!

Oct 19 - Oct 26 would also sail this time again!

Heck I can't think of a time that I wouldn't cruise!

thanks for the replies...what do you guys (gals) think about october? when does hurricane season "end" anyway?

serene56: its not really about the ports on this trip...i'll be on my own..and plan to be very flex. with plans....relaxing anywhere in the sun sounds good enuf to me :p

November 30.

5 of our 7 cruises have been in September or October. The only time we had an issue was last year when all the hurricanes were coming through Florida. Even then, the only thing that changed was the fact that we sailed from Miami instead of Port Canaveral. We parked in PC and they bussed us down then returned to PC. We missed 1 port (Grand Cayman) because of the hurricane destruction. We'll continue to book those months and just get travel insurance and still come out hundreds cheaper. We've always had great weather. It might have rained 2 days out of all those cruises and I can only recall one day where it rained all day.

Sailing south from New York in an aft cabin you will be shaded outbound but enjoy the sun returning. Your first and last day might also be quite cool in the fall. The threat of a hurricane is everpresent. All things to consider against the savings.

wow thanks for all of your thoughts...i appreciate it a lot!

I'm PRETTY sure that Legend counter will be changing.....but here's the question...

I've "decided" either oct 4th or oct 12th out of NY...same cabins avail on both.......the week of the 4th includes Rosh Hashana, Columbus Day AND Yom Kippur...I guess that would affect crowds? please enlighten me :confused:

I recognize so many of your names from all the boards I've been reading...you ARE a wealth of info...thanks.

the differences are a couple of things:

1. cheaper because of huricane season

2. School is back in session, and there is less demand for a cruise

3. Weather will be pretty good depending on where you are headed

4. July there will be a TON of kids due to summer break...

your welcome

Archived