Superstar Karaoke

kenandteri

I haven't seen any comments about the Superstar Karaoke on any of the post-cruise reviews lately.... Anyone been on a ship that has it? Did you participate? I'm curious about the song choices, do they still have lyrics on a screen, etc.... We are on the Inspiration on October 3 and can't wait to try it!

The Inspiration doesn't have superstar karaoke, but they do have regular karaoke. I believe the superstar is only on the bigger ships. The Inspiration does have a very large library of every song you would possibly want to sing though.

I thought I had read somewhere that they were rolling it out to all ships (including the fantasy class ships) during September....maybe I was mistaken, but I believe that was in one of John Heald's posts....

I thought I had read somewhere that they were rolling it out to all ships (including the fantasy class ships) during September....maybe I was mistaken, but I believe that was in one of John Heald's posts....

They might be. I could be mistaken. I cruised on the Inspiration in February and they didn't have it then. I wish they did though! I'll be cruising on the Valor next week, and I read a review somewhere that they have it. I'll be sure to bring a report back for ya.

Superstar Karaoke does have the ships band playing behind you. It is interesting. I am a huge karaoke fan. It was a lot of fun but very intimidating. When you are on stage, it is VERY loud so you can't hear yourself. They play the songs in whatever key the "carnival employee singer" sings in so it isn't necessarily the key the song is in on the radio.

Song choice is limited to about 40 songs.

All in all it is a fun experience though

They had it on the liberty and I did Journeys "Don't Stop Believing". They had about 125 songs. It was with the live band and was so loud you couldn't really hear yourself even with the audio monitors. The lyrics were on the screen it was actually a 50 inch plasma tv....

Definetly lots of fun....

I did the Superstar Karaoke on the Carnival Glory in August (2011) and it was great. There were about 110 songs to choose from (nothing close to the thousands for regular karaoke). They had both regular and/or Superstar every night.

The band was fantastic. The lyrics were presented on a screen just like regular karaoke (which was a step up from my experience on the Freedom in summer 2010 when it was just a sheet of paper). Our karaoke hostess acted as backup singer when appropriate (and on occasion helped get people in sync with the lyrics).

The sound was great for both the singer and the audience, but if you're going to video someone who's singing, do it from the back of the room with your zoom. Otherwise, the audio will sound distorted due to the loud volume. I learned the hard way.

Also, be prepared for a version of some songs that may be slightly different than what you might be used to with regular karaoke. This isn't really a big deal considering that you have a monitor with the words.

I wish they had more songs, but we can't expect the band to know 3,000 of them.

Overall, two thumbs up! :)

Anthony

I loved the Superstar Live Karaoke on the Dream.. it was great. if you want to see what it looks like, I posted a video of my "performance". on youtube just search ThisFemmeKat. I only have 2 videos on there so its easy to find. one is ready karaoke and the other is Superstar Live. feel free to leave me a comment.. It was a ton of fun and I cant wait to do it again on the Glory in 52 days.. :)

We just got off a cruise on the Fascination a week ago and the did not have it on our cruise. It is the fantasy class ship. We did do the Karaoke and really had a great time. We noticed that if you go when it first opens or during dinner times you get alot of chances to sing. The later the more packed it gets. Have a great cruise.

Wow you guys sure know how to make a girl feel good. But On my trip on the Dream I asked if I could give him my own karaoke discs since it had some of my fave songs on it and he didnt have those songs. but was told no. I guess it just depends who is working the karaoke on that cruise and their preference. I will ask on all of my trips. but either way I still had a great time as evidenced in my video. maybe thsi next KJ on the Glory will say yes to my discs.

I've been aboard "Dream" twice in the last few months, and enjoyed "Superstar" both times. The song list is VERY limited, and I had expected to sing with the entire ships band, but they offer only guitar, bass, keyboard and drums. Still fun, but not the horns I'd expected. I'm an "older" guy, and only found a couple of songs in the list that I was interested in singing. Wound up doing "Jailhouse Rock", which was fun, and in exactly the same key as when performed in the "Legends Show". Other than that, most of the music was contemporary stuff, with a little bit of country mixed in. In any case, it's a lot of fun, and something a bit different than regular karaoke. ENJOY! :D

"SKY"

Archived