Superstar Karaoke

kenandteri

When i was on the Dream in Nov 2010, they had it once later in the night, and once on another day pretty early.. so check the Capers/Fun Times and you will probably find one that works for you.. I highly recommend it and have someone video it.. My nephew thinks im a celebrity now because Im on youtube.. lol he's 9... :)

I haven't seen any comments about the Superstar Karaoke on any of the post-cruise reviews lately.... Anyone been on a ship that has it? Did you participate? I'm curious about the song choices, do they still have lyrics on a screen, etc.... We are on the Inspiration on October 3 and can't wait to try it!

I did it on the Miracle in August. It was a lot of fun. There was a good list of songs - just over a 100. It's not every song, but I think there was a good mix of old and new (not old, old but 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and today). I sang Wide Open Spaces by the Dixie Chicks, I'm the Only One by Melissa Etheridge and Ice, Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice (don't ask, it's just something I've always wanted to do).

Superstar Karaoke does have the ships band playing behind you. It is interesting. I am a huge karaoke fan. It was a lot of fun but very intimidating. When you are on stage, it is VERY loud so you can't hear yourself. They play the songs in whatever key the "carnival employee singer" sings in so it isn't necessarily the key the song is in on the radio.

Song choice is limited to about 40 songs.

All in all it is a fun experience though

I agree about it being intimidating. The first song I couldn't hear myself at all and have no idea what I sounded like. I wasn't too keen on singing after the first song but I had already put a couple more in so I ended up singing 2 more times and it was better. The host on the Miracle (sorry I can't remember her name - it was different than the kareoke host though) was really great and very encouraging as was the band.

What time do they usually do Superstar Karaoke? I have a late dinner seating on my upcoming cruise, but I would love to try it. Just wondering if I will miss it due to being in the dining room so late.

I had late dining and had no problems. On the Miracle, they had 3 short sets in the night. I missed the first one but got to sing once in the second set and twice in the third set. I do recommend that if you want to sing, you put your songs in as early as you can - there were people who waited only to be told the list was full. Incidently, it was much more popular on the Dream (where I didn't sing but just watched), but there was still a decent group on the Miracle and regular kareoke was busy just about every night.

I hadn't done kareoke in so long but I really ended up getting into it again.

Archived