Ft. Lauderdale restaurants web pages

hew2nd

Thought I'd share my restaurant thoughts from this past February.

Kelly's Landing was our dinner stop the first night, and overall we all agreed the food was fantastic. Bit of a wait -7:30 or so on a Friday night. I personally was not very happy due to the fact that I went in specifically for the stone crab, and ordered as such. They had two offerings, of 3 large, or perhaps 5 small. I was very clear with waitress that I wanted the large size, and of course, you guessed it, she showed up with the small ones saying "we ran out of the large size." Then she walked away. I really wish she had let me know beforehand, as I would have selected something else, but as my family had just been served, I did not wish to hold up our meal. Every bite had bits of shell in them, and when I asked her about it, she said, "it's just the way that they are." I would not know anything different, as I'd never had it before. I won't return.

Our next meal was at the Blue Moon Fish Company and we were all amazed. Wait staff was top notch, food was superb, and if I had the money, I would fly all the way across the country to visit there again. (even if I wasn't on a cruise.)

We did not make it to the 15th street fisheries, but it is still on my list.

Scanditaly

• Like 1

Thought I'd share my restaurant thoughts from this past February.

Kelly's Landing was our dinner stop the first night, and overall we all agreed the food was fantastic. Bit of a wait -7:30 or so on a Friday night. I personally was not very happy due to the fact that I went in specifically for the stone crab, and ordered as such. They had two offerings, of 3 large, or perhaps 5 small. I was very clear with waitress that I wanted the large size, and of course, you guessed it, she showed up with the small ones saying "we ran out of the large size." Then she walked away. I really wish she had let me know beforehand, as I would have selected something else, but as my family had just been served, I did not wish to hold up our meal. Every bite had bits of shell in them, and when I asked her about it, she said, "it's just the way that they are." I would not know anything different, as I'd never had it before. I won't return.

Our next meal was at the Blue Moon Fish Company and we were all amazed. Wait staff was top notch, food was superb, and if I had the money, I would fly all the way across the country to visit there again. (even if I wasn't on a cruise.)

We did not make it to the 15th street fisheries, but it is still on my list.

Scanditaly

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Blue Moon Fish Company is fantastic, and never disappoints! Next time, go for their Sunday Brunch ... it is a bit on the pricey side at $62 - 69 per person, however you can certainly make a day of it ... they have an excellent raw bar (crab legs, oysters, shrimp), a very nice a la carte menu with items made to order, an omelette station, and a great dessert selection made in-house by their pastry chef ... all this with bottomless Champagne, Mimosas and Bloody Mary's.

A visit to 15th Street Fisheries after Blue Moon, may leave you disappointed. I find that the food at many tourist-centric restaurants doesn't necessarily have to be great, since they continuously turn a lot of tables.

• 4 weeks later...

For breakfast in Lauderdale we love Primanti Brothers. We usually stay at the W, or Hilton - its a five block walk north up A1A. The food is good greasy spoon diner style and so cheap its laughable, We eat at the counter, because that's what you do in those places. I think our eggs, potatoes, toast and coffee breakfast cost as much as a poolside drink at the hotel. LOL.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Can someone suggest a restaurant in FLL that overlooks the water or is on a beach? Something pretty casual will be fine.

It is not on the beach but it is waterfront and you can get there by water taxi - Shooters's - best brunch ever.

15th Street Fisheries is awesome. Near the port!!! It’s on the inter coastal. Great food and the outside deck is very casual!! Try a mojito and the Lauderdale Marina Salad!!!!! ( lots of crab and shrimp )

Another good one is Coconuts. It’s on the water and near the beach. Try the crab cake salad or BLT crab cake sandwich! Best crab cake I’ve ever had!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1

15th Street Fisheries is awesome. Near the port!!! It’s on the inter coastal. Great food and the outside deck is very casual!! Try a mojito and the Lauderdale Marina Salad!!!!! ( lots of crab and shrimp )

Another good one is Coconuts. It’s on the water and near the beach. Try the crab cake salad or BLT crab cake sandwich! Best crab cake I’ve ever had!!!

I'll be back your way in November, and 15th street fisheries will be my first stop for lunch, even before my DH plane arrives. Since I'm staying at the Marriott Renaissance which is close the Hilton Marina, is there any walking bridge to cross the channel? After DH shows up, we will try the Boatyard, since it is super close to our hotel.

Still think this thread is very valuable

• Like 1

I'll be back your way in November, and 15th street fisheries will be my first stop for lunch, even before my DH plane arrives. Since I'm staying at the Marriott Renaissance which is close the Hilton Marina, is there any walking bridge to cross the channel? After DH shows up, we will try the Boatyard, since it is super close to our hotel.

Still think this thread is very valuable

You could take the water taxi right from the back of your hotel to 15th Street Fisheries. It is literally just one street over. ( no bridge ) I haven’t eaten at Boatyard but I personally know the outside bartender ( Tim ) and he’s fantastic!!! I know their happy bar snacks are yummy!!

• Like 1

Thank you for your response. I looked at the Google Map, and I could not make out the various water taxi stops. I could only see one close to the Hilton Marina. This is really good information to know.

Scanditaly

Thank you for your response. I looked at the Google Map, and I could not make out the various water taxi stops. I could only see one close to the Hilton Marina. This is really good information to know.

Scanditaly

For a map of all the water taxi stops and listings of nearby restaurants (some of which offer discounts to water taxi passengers) check out the water taxi website: http://www.watertaxi.com.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just found this Thread! We will be in town one night precruise and it's our anniversary. There are just too many to pick from, what to do, what to do!

Thank you for all the recommendations!:hearteyes::cool:

• 1 month later...
We will be staying @ the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Resort in early November.

What restaurants are near bye? What is area like? Did I make a good choice?

You did make a good choice!

We loved 15th St. Fisheries restaurant.

You can catch the water taxi very near the hotel.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Setting up a pre cruise dinner for the night before our cruise out of FLL. Looking for a restaurant that would accommodate 12 to 16 diners  and do individual checks. It would be Sunday night Nov 25th. Any suggestions would be helpful. 

Edited by buckeyecruisers

On 10/17/2018 at 9:43 AM, buckeyecruisers said:

Setting up a pre cruise dinner for the night before our cruise out of FLL. Looking for a restaurant that would accommodate 12 to 16 diners  and do individual checks. It would be Sunday night Nov 25th. Any suggestions would be helpful. 

I'll admit to bumping because i would also really like this information.  

FYI:  I plan to dine at 15th street fisheries as soon as I land in FLL.  If you see a crazy lady with luggage under the table, it's probably me.  

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone name a really great steak house that isn't a Brazilian steakhouse.  Boyfriends birthday is the day we arrive in FLL...would really like to sit outside overlooking FL beach, but haven't seen much of anything in terms of a good steak house on A1A.

We are staying at Pier 66 hotel/marina...if that helps any.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Going to be at the Ramada Airport/Cruiseport Dec. 1st.  Rendezvous Bar and Grill is nearby, has anyone eaten there?  If so, how is the food, how are the prices.  Tripadvisor looks good, but would like to hear from cruise critic members,  Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, adonisr said:

We will be staying a Saturday night before our cruise in March at the Element downtown (US 1 and 3rd Street).  Looks like walking distance to Las Olas Blvd.  Any suggestions in that area?

BlueHerons, a knowledgeable Fort Lauderdale local, just posted this extensive list of Las Olas restaurants on another thread:

Make reservations and dine alfresco at one of the fantastic restaurants on Las Olas.

Del Friscos

Lobster Bar

Timpano

Yolo

Royal Pig

Big City Tavern

El Camino

Cafe Europa

Noodles Panini

Empanads

Louie Bossi

B Square Burger Bar

Sweet Nectar

Bao (the name has changed but it is still excellent Pan Asian)

Tuscan Grill

Asia Bay

Roccos Tacos

Balcony

Shushi Shack

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

On a good breakfast near the Hilton. There is a small family place ( can't remember name) a couple blocks west. Cross the street (on your left) and it is in the corner of the strip mall. Good Food with Fair prices... 

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:14 AM, adonisr said:

We will be staying a Saturday night before our cruise in March at the Element downtown (US 1 and 3rd Street).  Looks like walking distance to Las Olas Blvd.  Any suggestions in that area?

My vote, Louie Bossi, it should be any visitor's must do, good food, but expensive drinks.  For burgers and such, BSquare.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...