What is the worst Cruise line that you have sailed on

caribbean sailor

What is the worst Cruise line that you have cruised on.What made it bad for you. Was it the ship, the service or the food.

Let,s all go to the Caribbean.:):):)

Have not yet had a bad cruise ... hence, have yet to have been on a bad cruise line. :) And in the spirit of candor, have sailed on RCL and NCL.

Michael

Veendam,

Ship broke down 3 x, hence the reason i bring flashlights on cruises,

Food was awful, service was plain awful. Always the last to leave the dining room, because, as others were getting dessert, we were getting appetizers....

never again unless it's free!

What is the worst Cruise line that you have cruised on.What made it bad for you. Was it the ship, the service or the food.

Let,s all go to the Caribbean.:):):)

First is without a doubt NCL,all of the above,the ship,the service and above all the food.Second is Carnival.Celebrity and RCI the best.

Have not yet had a bad cruise ... hence, have yet to have been on a bad cruise line. :) And in the spirit of candor, have sailed on RCL and NCL.

Michael

My nine cruises have been on Royal Caribbean.So i expect the best,and always get the best.So far i have not had a bad cruise.

Let's all go to the Caribbean.:):):)

I'm not really an RCCL fan but I have 2 nominations I'm torn between.

1. Lindblad Expeditions: The onboard experience was pretty ordinary but the dozen year FLOOD of junk mail it caused has left me regretting ever booking them.

Silversea: Luxury service is supposed to be nice, but it's supposed to benefit the customer, not just make work for the staff. I was in a lounge early in the morning and got a cup of coffee to take back to my room but was actually told by a steward if I wanted coffee in my room I had to go back, call room service, and wait for it to arrive. They also ran out of laundry soap 2 days into 4 days at sea. Superb on the frills, but mediocre or less on the basics.

Roy

1995 Carnival Celebration. I was on college spring break. Ship was dirty, food was blad. The food in their version of the Wind Jammer reminded me of a sub par high school cafeteria.

Haven't been on Carnival since. I would imagine their product is much improved.

Easily the worst for me was the now defunked Dolphin Cruise Line. We took a 3 day cruise 26 years ago on the Dolphin IV for our anniversary. This was our first cruise ever and it cost $340 pp including the flight. At the time it was all we could afford.

I knew we were in trouble when we first saw our "stateroom." It had bunk beds that couldn't be converted. :eek:

Easily the worst for me was the now defunked Dolphin Cruise Line. We took a 3 day cruise 26 years ago on the Dolphin IV for our anniversary. This was our first cruise ever and it cost $340 pp including the flight. At the time it was all we could afford.

I knew we were in trouble when we first saw our "stateroom." It had bunk beds that couldn't be converted. :eek:

Bunk Beds!!! :eek:

Without a doubt, NCL. They ran out of food for the second seating nearly every night---this was before they started their freestyle dining. On formal night, no lobster because the first seating ate them all. On my second NCL cruise, more recently, it was just plain bad. Bad food, bad service and just an all around bad cruise. Wouldn't sail NCL again even if it were free.

Worst cruise ever was the RCI Viking Serenade...4-night cruise from LA-Catalina-Enseneda-LA. It was really awful!! Dirty ship, tiny (and I mean TINY) cabin, bad food, lousy service. We felt really sorry for the cute Honeymoon couple that sat next to us at "dinner". They tried to look happy, but...admitted this was not what they'd signed up for!! This was mid-August 1995. The public toilets were overflowing (gross!) and the public sinks were filthy! Really turned me off from RCI. I did go on the 4-night Sovereign from Pt. Canaveral in 2000...still not impressed! Still tiny cabins and bad food and service!

1995 Carnival Celebration. I was on college spring break. Ship was dirty, food was blad. The food in their version of the Wind Jammer reminded me of a sub par high school cafeteria.

Haven't been on Carnival since. I would imagine their product is much improved.

Ugh.....NOT~!:cool: At least not on Ecstacy.

I don't think you can judge an entire line by one cruise or one ship. Our least favorite so far was Carnival, but only because it wasn't our "cup of tea". Each line seems to have something to recommend itself and something it needs to work on. Bad experiences can be had an any cruise line.

NCL - I have not been on their neweer, larger ships, but service, cleanliness and food quality on the Nprway, Norwegian Sea (twice), Norwegian Majesty and Norwegian Dream were significantly below that experienced on other lines. I kept trying them for the destinations (three times to Bermuda) -- but no more.

There are a couple, but we found good things about even our worst cruises.

#1 all time least favorite was Carnival Ecstacy, ugly ship, weird staterooms (we called it a camper shell) terrible dining room set up. The centrum was like being in an Austin Powers movie, but not in a good way. The "artwork" was the same on every level where the elevators were, weird. The entire ship reeked of cigarette smoke all the time. On disembarkation, the smell of the cheap bar soap was everywhere, were we the only ones who used our own toiletries? The food was better than we expected, but we had the worst table mates ever. The photographers were good.

#2 close second we were on twice, NCL Star. The first time was the innaugural year and the ship was in great shape. We found the food in the buffet and dining rooms to be sub-par so we spent a little extra and ate in the specialty restaurants most evenings. The ship was still in Hawaii/Fanning Island at the time. The second time was a short 4 night repo from LA/Vancouver. The ship really showed its age, although it was only 4 years later. The food...not good at all, we ate in the specialty restaurants every night. We did have a great time, mostly laughing at how bad everything was. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder, while we were rolling our eyes and making fun of the paint job on the side of the ship, others were posing for pictures ;)

A TA I was using several years ago invited me to go on a ships tour of the Star a couple years after that. It was sad how much more it had deteriorated at that point, I think they have refurbished by now. I read people saying the suites (not the big ones on top) were the nicest at sea. My TA friend hit the nail on the head when he called them "bordellos by Ikea". The regular rooms were a lot nicer than the suites, I do prefer understated elegance to flash.

Archived