Where is my laundry???

Catrin

Hi Everyone,

We have been home for three weeks now, and I have yet to hear from Carnival about my missing laundry - what would you do?

In a nutshell, we gave our Room Steward our Wash and Fold Laundry daily as part of our Platinum Benefit. Each night, a bag of clean clothes would be on our bed when we returned from dinner.

The last night, there was no bag. It was time to pack!

I asked my Steward, who said... It will be done soon. That was 730PM.

At 830, I went to find him .... and I found another steward and asked.. have you seen my laundry? She knew right away what room I was in... hmmmm

At 9pm, I found him in the cleaning room. I said, Could you please get my laundry? He said, ok, let me go check. I never saw him again.

At 10:30, out of frustration, I called Housekeeping who told me to call Guest Services. Guest Services told me "you will have it in five to ten minutes". At 11:00, we finally went to guest services... where they FINALLY admitted it was LOST.

The thing is...

We had packed our clothes, and I was relying those clean clothes to get me through the next few days in Florida if I was going to be stuck there, because of the hurricane (this was August 27th).

The next morning (6am), I went back to Guest Services where they found my itemized sheet, but no laundry. I had to list all items (it was hard to remember exactly what Tshirts, what Shorts, etc.. because everything else was packed) but I "Guestimated" the value of everything.

They gave me a form letter that validated the laundry was lost and a 1-800 # to contact Carnival on return.

Well, after we got home and after I got power back, I emailed Carnival on 8/29 with my detailed story and Claim # that was given to me on the Dream.

Eight Days later, I got a form letter from Carnival stating they received my request and they need up two more weeks to investigate. That was on September 6th. It is now ten days later, and I have heard nothing.

In the bag was 8 Tshirts, 3 Shorts, 1 Skirt, 6 Underwear, 1 Bra, 2 pants(yes, we pack those bags tight with three kids cruising with us!)

I hope whoever received the laundry either used it or donated it. Some of the items were brand new!!

BTW... we never saw our room steward again. I am disappoiinted in the way Housekeeping handled this. I wish he told me the truth as soon as he knew it was missing.

Would you call Carnival again?

Catrin

Hi Everyone,

We have been home for three weeks now, and I have yet to hear from Carnival about my missing laundry - what would you do?

In a nutshell, we gave our Room Steward our Wash and Fold Laundry daily as part of our Platinum Benefit. Each night, a bag of clean clothes would be on our bed when we returned from dinner.

At 830, I went to find him .... and I found another steward and asked.. have you seen my laundry? She knew right away what room I was in... hmmmm

At 9pm, I found him in the cleaning room. I said, Could you please get my laundry? He said, ok, let me go check. I never saw him again.

At 10:30, out of frustration, I called Housekeeping who told me to call Guest Services. Guest Services told me "you will have it in five to ten minutes". At 11:00, we finally went to guest services... where they FINALLY admitted it was LOST.

The thing is...

We had packed our clothes, and I was relying those clean clothes to get me through the next few days in Florida if I was going to be stuck there, because of the hurricane (this was August 27th).

The next morning (6am), I went back to Guest Services where they found my itemized sheet, but no laundry. I had to list all items (it was hard to remember exactly what Tshirts, what Shorts, etc.. because everything else was packed) but I "Guestimated" the value of everything.

They gave me a form letter that validated the laundry was lost and a 1-800 # to contact Carnival on return.

Well, after we got home and after I got power back, I emailed Carnival on 8/29 with my detailed story and Claim # that was given to me on the Dream.

Eight Days later, I got a form letter from Carnival stating they received my request and they need up two more weeks to investigate. That was on September 6th. It is now ten days later, and I have heard nothing.

In the bag was 8 Tshirts, 3 Shorts, 1 Skirt, 6 Underwear, 1 Bra, 2 pants(yes, we pack those bags tight with three kids cruising with us!)

I hope whoever received the laundry either used it or donated it. Some of the items were brand new!!

BTW... we never saw our room steward again. I am disappoiinted in the way Housekeeping handled this. I wish he told me the truth as soon as he knew it was missing.

Catrin

Just curious... if you gave your steward the dirty laundry daily to be cleaned, how could you possibly have dirtied 8 shirts, 3 shorts,1 skirt, 6 underwear, 1 bra, and 2 pants in one day? I could never fit that much laundry in one of their bags... I guess I need to try a little harder to squeeze that much in... :D

Also, It has only been 10 days.... give them the rest of the two weeks that they told you it would take... then call past guest relations department...they could probably help you out...

Just curious... if you gave your steward the dirty laundry daily to be cleaned, how could you possibly have dirtied 8 shirts, 3 shorts,1 skirt, 6 underwear, 1 bra, and 2 pants in one day? I could never fit that much laundry in one of their bags... I guess I need to try a little harder to squeeze that much in... :D

Also, It has only been 10 days.... give them the rest of the two weeks that they told you it would take... then call past guest relations department...they could probably help you out...

3 kids, 2 adults...those being small kids. They easily could wear two shirts a day. One all day, gets dirty, clean one for dinner, gets food on it.

i would keep pressing the issue....they lost your clothes....they need to either find them which doesnt look good....or pay you what they are worth....looks like someone else may have gotten your clothes and didnt return them to guest services....bummer:mad:

Catrin

Wait for the 2 weeks to be up and then call.

I always take a picture of what I'm sending to get washed just in case they lose my clothes.

Hope everything turns out okay.

I had the same issue on the Liberty in July.

I kept pushing the issue at guest services and they finally asked the value and they refunded us the $300 estimated value. I couldn't believe it I figured we get the Carnival "about face" but we didn't.

I will never give them laundry on the second to the last night again. I figure anytime before that they have time to investigate to figure out where it went.

Good luck!

I always take a picture of what I'm sending to get washed just in case they lose my clothes.

Excellent idea, thanks for the tip!

OP, please keep us updated. Good luck to you.

That is a great idea and one I'm going to adopt. I always take a picture of my suitcases at the door before we leave for the same reason. It's easier to describe them and for luggage people to visualize/remember them if they see a picture of the bag (that army green with pink duck tape is hard to miss;))

I can get more than that in those bags!!!

Hi Everyone,

The thing is...

Catrin

Wow - you must have had a lot of people in your cabin if you sent laundry daily and you had that much each day.

I'd wait the 2 weeks. But, instead of calling, I'd email them instead. That way you have an easily documented "paper" trail. Good luck and keep us posted on your "resolution"

Good idea! I would like to add, if you use an e-mail program like Outlook, send the email with a read receipt request. This way you will know that someone not only received the email, it was opened and presumably read.

Did you tip your steward extra each day for the Laundry service? We do and we've always had great service and we are also platinum.

Are you saying that a tip is required to not lose laundry? Sorry, not buying it. Tipping should not be expected for this perk. It's a good idea, but regardless of whether one tips for the service or not, laundry should be returned. I personally don't use the service and I'm platinum. I only wash in cold, and I only use my dryer for sheets and towels.

OP, I'd wait until the two weeks are up and then contact Carnival again. Keep pressing the issue. Good luck.

Good idea! I would like to add, if you use an e-mail program like Outlook, send the email with a read receipt request. This way you will know that someone not only received the email, it was opened and presumably read.

I suggest calling and getting the email address if the person with whom you speak. Follow up the phone conversation with an email summarizing the discussion and agreed upon next steps.

Hi there.

Ohh.... it is very possible!

Two adults... three kids...(two are teens who have a need to change their shirts three times a day..). Plus.. it was the last day, so I wanted to make sure we had enough clean clothes in case we were stuck in Florida, so we rolled and packed that last bag!

Great idea, thank you. I will be sure to do that next time!

I had the same issue on the Liberty in July.

I kept pushing the issue at guest services and they finally asked the value and they refunded us the $300 estimated value. I couldn't believe it I figured we get the Carnival "about face" but we didn't.

I will never give them laundry on the second to the last night again. I figure anytime before that they have time to investigate to figure out where it went.

Good luck!

I hope we have the same luck, thank you for the encouragement!

I agree about not giving laundry on the last day. It caused too much stress and we just assume it ended up in somebody's luggage.

Catrin

Well.. actually there really is NO Update.

I talked to Guest Services this morning... and got a run-around of sorts. They said that "Lost and Found" is in Doral, FL. And anything sent from the ships take two weeks to process. So, our ship arrived three weeks ago today. If they found it on the next cruise, it would not arrive into Orlando until the next Saturday, which was two weeks ago Today. Since Lost and Found is only open Monday thru Friday, she asked me to contact them again after NOON on Monday. Fair Enough.

Besides the Material Cost of the goods, I am sad that I am missing my favorite skirt and blouse. And my son is missing a favorite shirt... all of which I can get over...... my sadness is that I was completely amazed at the fact that our room steward dissapeared with not a word. The crew was so busy the next morning getting ready to disembark passengers that my claim and panic was treated as a bother. We missed enjoying our last night on the cruise because we waited for a bag of laundry that they kept promising we were about to get. Sounds silly, maybe... but I am sure if some of you were in our shoes, you would be doing the same.

I will keep you updated!

Catrin

Archived