Sandwiches in buffet

boatnote

Are the sandwiches pre-made in the buffet or does Princess have a sandwich station like Hal does?
There are some pre-made sandwiches as well as breads, cold cuts, cheese, salads, veggies, etc. to make your own sandwich. No sandwich station like on HAL but on the other hand, you don't have to wait 10-15 minutes for them to make you something.

They're not the greatest and don't even look appetizing. If you want a sandwich just take what even cold cuts from the server & make up you own. It'll be much better than something they made in the morning wrapped in saran wrap.

I agree.

On cruises we've been on recently, they have had a sandwich station in HC for about an hour starting at 3:00pm. There are a number of breads, meats, cheeses, etc. you can select from for your sandwich that is made by a crew member for you.

I wish they would have this sandwich station at lunch time. I'd much rather enjoy a good sandwich for lunch than some of the really heavy offerings in HC.

Lew

Had to smile at the OPs question. We cruise, quite often, on both cruise lines and DW loves the sandwich station on HA. Princess does not have anything like that HA service. However, Princess does have the best Pizza at sea (its better then most pizza on land) as compared to HA pizza which is normally not fit for a fish.

Hank

We have seen this during the 'light snacks' offering in the afternoon. It wasn't every day and it was not consistent on all the cruises we've been on (or we simply missed it during that particular time). They seem to offer the saran sandwiches more often than not, but there is usually some cold cuts, cheese and buns where you can essientially make your own as well.

They look nasty in the HC and are wrapped in cellophane. I always take some bread rolls and cheese and whatever meat they have, like a pice of salami or ham and make my own OR on ships with the I/C go get a panini.

I must be very easy to please, food-wise. I had a great pre-made sandwich on my recent cruise. It was mozzarella cheese, tomato, basil and was yummy. Also, you can get a sandwich at the International Cafe. They'll make on for you from the chicken or tuna, or whatever they have that day, on wonderful, fresh made rolls. The HC had several good pre-made sandwiches. They are made that morning, not 2 days before and are fresh and good. Plus there is SOOO much offered, you'd be hard pressed not to find something wonderful. I do think that HAL has more diversified food, but Princess is also outstanding.

I love the mozzarella/basil sandwiches too but only saw those at I/C.

Wasn't really a fan of the pre-made turkey and cranberry though

or the liverwurst sandwiches [where is the dislike button?]:D

OH! I missed those 2. Both are favorites of mine!

I did get the mozzeralla/basil in HC. I never had a sandwich from IC, but did enjoy several chicken salad plates!

Archived