Quest

o0fefe0o

We walked in to one late and watched from a distance. I was wondering where all those men got the bras they were dancing around wearing. :eek:

One question I had had was if the "items" to be found are the same over and over. Like the questions for Love & Marriage. First time we saw Quest (and that one was very tame) the item was "teeth" and someone was way too quick with a comb.

My cruise roomie is very speedy at removing her bra from under her clothing without anyone getting a peek! :D Of course, wearing a strapless helps...

My son, on the other hand, got caught up in the enthusiasm, and, well, let's just say he had a bit of a wardrobe malfunction... :eek:

There are a lot of similar items every time this game is played. People who are way too competitive have started bringing tote bags of things to the game. A good cruise director confiscates them. A really good cruise director has a couple of "cards up his sleeve" that people may not have heard of before...

Actually we went once and that was enough. Many will find it hilarious and others somewhat demeaning to women.

I though it was hilarious and harmless fun, up until the point where one girl decided to hang out completely topless. I thought that was unnecessary. Definitely glad I had some drinks in me otherwise I would have been pretty uncomfortable!

The room isn't always divided into group. On the smaller ships I've seen as many as 40 self formed groups. To me that add a whole lot more to the action of the game.

Having done it twice now, and enjoying both times immensely, having many small teams as opposed to 10 large teams makes it so much more fun and gets EVERYBODY in the room very involved. In June there were a ton of teams because the cruise director placed a limit of 6-8 people in each team. Fun fun chaos!

The small number of teams with large numbers in each team is usually when the Quest is in Studio B (the ice rink on voyager class ships and larger). I think it is more fun in the lounge with lots of teams with 6 or so on each team, but the larger ships usually need a larger arena.

You can find youtube videos by searching for (including the quotes): quest "of the seas"

Other cruise lines sometimes play the Quest too, including Disney.

I typically respond to this type question by saying if one is conservative this may not be a show they would want to watch. If you have concerns try searching some of the social video sites for a sampling of what may happen.

I am conservative and I have never missed a Quest since I went to my first one (it was my 5th cruise and I wondered why I had never gone before). I think they are hysterical and a lot of fun. It seems all the other cruise lines have caught on to it and do their own version of it, but RCCL is by far the best version. Just like the Love and Marriage Show, all of the Quests on RCCL are similar, but no two are alike.

It is definitely R rated.

I am conservative and I have never missed a Quest since I went to my first one (it was my 5th cruise and I wondered why I had never gone before). I think they are hysterical and a lot of fun. It seems all the other cruise lines have caught on to it and do their own version of it, but RCCL is by far the best version. Just like the Love and Marriage Show, all of the Quests on RCCL are similar, but no two are alike.

It is definitely R rated.

My favorite Quest was on the last cruise on the Navigator (which was done in the ice rink), my friend who really was not sure if she wanted to go was sitting next to me. I am enjoying the show and I turn and wonder where she had gone. I look out on the floor and there she was participating fully (I wont go into details). It caught me and her husband completely by surprise.

The small number of teams with large numbers in each team is usually when the Quest is in Studio B (the ice rink on voyager class ships and larger). I think it is more fun in the lounge with lots of teams with 6 or so on each team, but the larger ships usually need a larger arena.

You can find youtube videos by searching for (including the quotes): quest "of the seas"

Other cruise lines sometimes play the Quest too, including Disney.

Im just off Majesty and it was in Spectrum. Not sure why Dave did the large teams. He lectured sternly about people with bags (only 1 or 2 had them). 90% of the things he asked for were not asked for the first time I saw it.

O.K. I did not read everyone's posts but read a few and I think most people like Quest. We went once when we first cruised and haven't been back. Don't think I have ever witnessed anything quite so stupid. When it was over, all I could think was "what a waste of my time, I could have been watching the toilets flush"

It is definitely R rated with plenty of folks losing their clothes and their inhibitions! Not appropriate for those under the age of 18 and if fact I don't believe they are allowed.

Technically, people under 18 aren't allowed, but I was on a cruise where the CD, Jimmy Rhodes, allowed a young boy to not only attend the show, but to actually participate in a segment where the men were in their undies with bras on. It's one of those things where sometimes the rules are followed , and sometimes they aren't.

Technically, people under 18 aren't allowed, but I was on a cruise where the CD, Jimmy Rhodes, allowed a young boy to not only attend the show, but to actually participate in a segment where the men were in their undies with bras on. It's one of those things where sometimes the rules are followed , and sometimes they aren't.

Which is what happens when teenagers and younger are allowed to roam the ship independent of their parents at all hours of the day and night.

Even worse...at least the parents could plead ignorance if they weren't there...not a good excuse, but an excuse. The father took his son to the show and allowed him to get undressed in front of a few hundred people...much worse.

I have already promised, without being asked to by my wife, not to participate in that part of The Quest on our cruise next year like I did this year, because her parents and brother will be cruising with us. And we're all grown adults. I wouldn't do that in front of my in-laws or subject them to watching that. This guy let his kid do it. That's terrible.

Even worse...at least the parents could plead ignorance if they weren't there...not a good excuse' date=' but an excuse. The father took his son to the show and allowed him to get undressed in front of a few hundred people...much worse.

I have already promised, without being asked to by my wife, not to participate in that part of The Quest on our cruise next year like I did this year, because her parents and brother will be cruising with us. And we're all grown adults. I wouldn't do that in front of my in-laws or subject them to watching that. This guy let his kid do it. That's terrible.[/quote']

arent people on the pool deck without most of their clothes too? whats the big deal ! ok i dont wanna EVER see my dad in a bra and knickers:eek: but it all sounds like harmless fun and ill be joining in if I cruise with RCI .

im sure that kids seen alot worse on the internet ;):p

For the most part, I agree. The only thing is that, in this case, the boy participated with his father!

This is just so wrong. Unsubscribing before I hear more.:(

arent people on the pool deck without most of their clothes too? whats the big deal ! ok i dont wanna EVER see my dad in a bra and knickers:eek: but it all sounds like harmless fun and ill be joining in if I cruise with RCI .

im sure that kids seen alot worse on the internet ;):p

Unfortunatley it isn't always harmless fun. The time we went some poor woman broke her ankle because some drunk yahoo, half her age and twice her weight jumped on her back. I remember saying to DW that will be the end of that game but no it still goes on.

One question I had had was if the "items" to be found are the same over and over. Like the questions for Love & Marriage. First time we saw Quest (and that one was very tame) the item was "teeth" and someone was way too quick with a comb.

That is a good question and frequently you are right on. Some people come prepared with bags of commonly used things, all to win a stupid keychain! My last trip on Majesty a guy, who bragged about being Diamond + went around the room before the cruise recruiting people for his team by asking if they came prepared. When I told him that wasn't in the spirit of the game he called me something under his breath and went on. Sure enough his team won, but we had all the fun of participating and watching. We slept thought it on Allure this year, but the Cruise Directors need to do a better job of changing things up.

I will violate the code and tell the one thing I do because I know its coming. They will call for a man to come forward wearing lipstick and you will see couples all over struggling to get lipstick on the man's lips. My wife hands me her lipstick and I put a mark on the back of my hand and walk up to the CD and get my team the most points for being first. (He didn't say where you had to wear it) It's my tradition. Other than that we don't prepare.

Unfortunatley it isn't always harmless fun. The time we went some poor woman broke her ankle because some drunk yahoo, half her age and twice her weight jumped on her back. I remember saying to DW that will be the end of that game but no it still goes on.

omg why did he jump on her back? what exactly happens apart from having to collect underwear? im a bit worried now :eek:

I think ill watch from the side lines and resist the urge to be a volunteer.... unless there's a prize for the winner and in that case my competative streak gets the better of me lol

omg why did he jump on her back? what exactly happens apart from having to collect underwear? im a bit worried now :eek:

I think ill watch from the side lines and resist the urge to be a volunteer.... unless there's a prize for the winner and in that case my competative streak gets the better of me lol

You know I can't remember what they had called for or what the director said that caused it but we had breakfast the next morning with the ladies husband and RCI was charging them for all the medical care too, I hope that changed. It was the last time we went. Not opposed to drinking and having a good time. I am opposed to having people drink then encourage them to rush (run) on to a slippery dance floor on some occasions. Just seems like an accident waiting to happen. Most people are cool during Quest but there is always some competitive drunk yahoo that thinks it's really important to get there first. Not my cup of tea. Oh and for the record had the guy jumped on my mum or DW's back and broken her ankle, he for sure would have been the one needing medical care, drunk or not.

It might be fun to have some "quantity" type of quest requests rather than speed, especially in studio-b with smaller groups containing larger numbers per group. Maybe something like "I'll give your team one point for each (fill in the blank) up to 20. You have one minute. Go." The items would be place on the studio-b floor in front of the team captains. I enjoy the running "first to arrive gets the points" type of quest requests too, but some quantity quests would be a way to get more involved. Currently only the shouting/yelling and sometime dancing (hard to do by your seat in studio be though) seems to get everyone involved.

Archived