What exactly are future cruise certificates?I

I did a search through past posts, but sorry if this is a newly redundant question...

What exactly are future cruise certificates and how do they work? How do you get them? I am thinking it might be something you receive or buy while on a cruise and I want to budget for the expense if that is the case.

Thanks in advance for the info!

I did a search through past posts, but sorry if this is a newly redundant question...

What exactly are future cruise certificates and how do they work? How do you get them? I am thinking it might be something you receive or buy while on a cruise and I want to budget for the expense if that is the case.

Thanks in advance for the info!

Not sure if all ships have them on board now but if they do they have a desk to buy them.. but you spend $100 dollars for a FCC and can use it towards a future cruise within the year.. and receive $100 OBC...;)

Yep, you buy them in $100 increments. The $100 will apply towards the cost of a cruise and you get on board credit for 3-5 day cruises $50, 6 day cruises $75, 7-9 day cruises $100 and up to $200 on cruises 12 days or longer. You have up to 5 years to use it and they are fully refundable should you not. Not sure how that part works though cause I always use mine. There is also a way of submitting them online now so you don't have to mail them in. Not all ships sell them though. Definitely worth it!

Yep, you buy them in $100 increments. The $100 will apply towards the cost of a cruise and you get on board credit for 3-5 day cruises $50, 6 day cruises $75, 7-9 day cruises $100 and up to $200 on cruises 12 days or longer. You have up to 5 years to use it and they are fully refundable should you not. Not sure how that part works though cause I always use mine. There is also a way of submitting them online now so you don't have to mail them in. Not all ships sell them though. Definitely worth it!

Oh 5 yrs.. I thought it was a year:confused:

Do you receive the OBC on the cruise you are currently on or the cruise that you book? Are you able to actually book another cruise while on that cruise?

you get the OBC on the cruise you booked. And you can book a cruise while on a cruise

Do you receive the OBC on the cruise you are currently on or the cruise that you book? Are you able to actually book another cruise while on that cruise?

Read the link above .. it explains it pretty well.

Archived