IS the Atlantis worth it ???

lovinacruise

We will be traveling with a 10 and 11 yr old the end of Oct. Is the Atlantis worth the price tag????? We've been to Nassau with them 3 yrs ago and felt they were to young for it.

If not Atlantis.....what would you suggest?

Thanks !

We have been taking our now 10 year old there for about 2 or 3 years now and she loves it. I personally thing it is worth it but not sure if everyone would. We have been there atleast 5 or 6 times and I will still keep going back.

Another option would be Blue Lagoon island and you could do the dolphins and/or sea lions...

If your kids like waterparks, they will love it, especially if you are able to spend at least 6 hrs or more there (you can still have a good time at 4 hrs there but you would be rushed).

It is expensive (we bought thru Majestic Tours at $120 pp) but I knew this summer would be our only time there with our kids, ages 18 & 21, so it was worth it to me to spend the money for them to have the experience and us be able to experience it with them. They both really loved it and are glad we went.

I also love waterparks and would consider going again because I could get more of my monies worth the 2nd time since I now know the layout of the place (which can be very confusing).

Search "Atlantis" on this board and read my review as well as some others.

If your kids like waterparks, they will love it, especially if you are able to spend at least 6 hrs or more there (you can still have a good time at 4 hrs there but you would be rushed).

It is expensive (we bought thru Majestic Tours at $120 pp) but I knew this summer would be our only time there with our kids, ages 18 & 21, so it was worth it to me to spend the money for them to have the experience and us be able to experience it with them. They both really loved it and are glad we went.

I also love waterparks and would consider going again because I could get more of my monies worth the 2nd time since I now know the layout of the place (which can be very confusing).

Search "Atlantis" on this board and read my review as well as some others.[/quote]

Very heplful tip ! tks

We will be traveling with a 10 and 11 yr old the end of Oct. Is the Atlantis worth the price tag????? We've been to Nassau with them 3 yrs ago and felt they were to young for it.

If not Atlantis.....what would you suggest?

Thanks !

We visited Atlantis for the day back in January to show our Australian friends the resort. Unfortunately, it hasn't been well kept. There was a large amount of garbage accummulating in the corners of the main lagoon right behind the main building. We were really disappointed in the grounds compared to our previous visit. Personally, I would go to the Blue Lagoon (where we previously swam with the stingrays) at the lower price.

• 2 weeks later...
you would be better to book comfort suites (comfort inn?) and then you get to use all of atlantis. it's much better price break. we were just there last week

What ship do you go on?

I will be on NCCL and we will dock at 8 and leave at 4 pm

So I plan to start packing up at 2 and be on the Taxi by 245 so we can be on the ship by 315

How does that sound. Will we still have fun from 9-2?

I say 9 because we have to head to Comfort suite to check in and out.

Can you tell me what your day was like?

so you pay for the room don't stay there but you get to use Atlantis water park ?? because Carnival wants 175 pp which is outrageous that's almost as much as the Cruise ...

Yes, it works out great for some if the room rate is good. But check the details for your date. Room rate plus 18% tax, plus housekeeping and energy surcharges and add'l ppl charges.

Base room rate is for 2 ppl/ max capacity is 4.

If you get a room at the Comfort Inn, how does that work out?

If we get there around 9, and check in time is 4pm, what do they do with us? Do we just get an armband for the day in Atlantis, and never see our room? As we would have to be heading back to the ship by 3-4.

How much is it for the room at Comfort Inn?

Other than Blue Lagoon, what else is there to do for 14 and 12 year old boys?

Stingrays at Blackbeards Cay,

Power subs with Stuart Cove

Snorkeling w Flying Cloud or Seahorse adventures

Shark snorkeling with stuart cove

Google best on bahamas or majestic tours bahamas

There are tons of fun things for all ages.

• 1 month later...

Archived