Rome Hotel

threeoverfour

Thank you so much!

Also on the RomeCabs, is it 45 Euros per person or cab ride? There will be 6 traveling.

With 6 people you will need a minivan/van. It is usually $60 per car. The $45 fare is for a regular size car --while 4 people can fit--the luggage won't unless you are traveling very lightly!

Thank you so much!

Also on the RomeCabs, is it 45 Euros per person or cab ride? There will be 6 traveling.

I checked on Rome Cabs web site and the price for 6 people from FCO to Rome is 65 euro total.

I have used Rome Cabs several times and they are really excellent. I have them booked right now from the airport to Rome,Rome to port and port to airport for next May.

Also the prices have gone up recently and the price for 2 people from FCO to Rome is now 50 euro.

Hello all this thread has been of great help so far, however if I'm looking to book for May of 2012 would it be wise for me to book so far in advance for a 3 night post cruise in Rome? Also when looking on site such as expedia and hotels.com what area should I be focusing on as this will be my Honeymoon so I am looking for something romantic. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

I can't help with advice on the type of hotel you are looking for, but I can tell you that I have already booked all my hotel rooms for pre and post cruise for next July. Many hotels in Europe are small and my understanding is that the best ones can fill up well ahead of time.

Hello all this thread has been of great help so far, however if I'm looking to book for May of 2012 would it be wise for me to book so far in advance for a 3 night post cruise in Rome? Also when looking on site such as expedia and hotels.com what area should I be focusing on as this will be my Honeymoon so I am looking for something romantic. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

I suggest you hotel search on Trip adviser which will give you prices on several different booking sites and has ratings for the Rome hotels. Sometimes you will actually get better prices booking directly with the hotel but Trip Adviser is the best way to find the hotel you want. I have already booked the Hotel De Petris for 3 days next May and although I was going to use booking dot com I found the best price directly through the hotel web site.You will be amazed how much price difference there is for different booking agencies.

Location is one of the most important things in Rome. You want to find a hotel in the central area.Just draw a line from the Trevi Fountain to the Pantheon to the Campo Di Fiori to the Piazza Navona and back to the Trevi Fountain and get a hotel in the area within those lines or very close to those lines. You will than be in the area that is the most convenient to stay to see everything easily by walking. I avoid the Termini area as I think it is a little seedy. We stayed in that area in 2008 just behind the Termini and would not stay there again even though the prices are cheaper.

Please bear in mind that hotels in central Rome cannot be compared to American hotels as they are all in ancient buildings and the rooms will be smaller.Rome itself is romantic and sounds like a wonderful place for a honeymoon.:) If you find a hotel you like and it appears to be booked go directly to the hotel web site. Some hotels do not open for booking until after Jan 1 and others only allow the booking companies a limited amount of rooms and they book the other rooms themselves. Try these 2 web sites also booking dot com and venere dot com for good hotel maps and reviews. I have used booking dot com several times to reserve European hotels.

Many hotels in Rome are very small (such as 8-20 rooms), so it doesn't take too many reservations for them to be booked up. If you know what you want, book early. By the way, the best rates are usually available by booking directly with the hotel (no commission is paid) and there is often a discount for paying cash.

Archived