colourful coast insurance

kalos

Today I renewed my annual holiday insurance with Direct Travel but before doing so with the ship calling at Agadir, I thought best check

to see if it came under my European cover. Their Web site map showed that I needed worldwide cover.

I have phoned them and the call centre guy told me he "thought it would be ok if I stay with the ship " .....

...."What if we took ill onboard etc ,even though we are docked are we covered ? " I asked :confused:

I was put on hold whilst he went to see his boss. He came back and told me " As the ship is only in Agadir less than 24Hrs , then I am covered on and off the ship for our time we will be there." :)

Some insurance companys Keep swapping which counties are covered, so my tip is if you are unsure then phone your insurance company for peace of mind ;) Having said all that from some of the reviews on Agadir , I'm not sure if it will be a day onboard yet .:)

We did the same when we did that cruise and got the same answer.It appears if you are on a cruise then European cover is fine.I know what you are saying as regards Agadir. We had a weeks holiday in Agadir a couple of years before the cruise and hated the place and we vowed not to get off when the ship docked. Instead we stayed on board and watched all the local taxi drivers,tour guides,local police etc having punch ups over who gets what fare.And i am not joking.:):)

Having said all that from some of the reviews on Agadir , I'm not sure if it will be a day onboard yet . :)

plus +

we stayed on board and watched all the local taxi drivers,tour guides,local police etc having punch ups over who gets what fare.And i am not joking. :):)

Equals =

A nice day onboard ! ;) Thanks for the tip .

We did the same when we did that cruise and got the same answer.It appears if you are on a cruise then European cover is fine.I know what you are saying as regards Agadir. We had a weeks holiday in Agadir a couple of years before the cruise and hated the place and we vowed not to get off when the ship docked. Instead we stayed on board and watched all the local taxi drivers,tour guides,local police etc having punch ups over who gets what fare.And i am not joking.:):)

We docked there on the Celebration "Colourful Coasts" and I completely agree with you. The taxi drivers were lining up and were so persistant. We waited until the afternoon and thought we were safe to get off for a walk along the harbour wall, but we were still chased by taxi drivers hassling us. We did, however, stay in a lovely hotel in Agadir a couple of months later and we thought it was very nice, despite the awful weather (February)

Having said all that from some of the reviews on Agadir , I'm not sure if it will be a day onboard yet . :)

plus +

we stayed on board and watched all the local taxi drivers,tour guides,local police etc having punch ups over who gets what fare.And i am not joking. :):)

Equals =

A nice day onboard ! ;) Thanks for the tip .

We did the Thomson trip to Taroudant and really enjoyed it - was good to get off and get a taster of Morrocco and felt very safe with the guide!

We did the Thomson trip to Taroudant and really enjoyed it - was good to get off and get a taster of Morrocco and felt very safe with the guide!

We did the Taroudant trip too - and enjoyed it. It's an interesting drive from Agadir with the Atlas Mountains in the distance and you stop to see the tree climbing goats. There is a decent refreshment stop for fresh orange juice or sweet (minted?) tea and the guided tour gave a real feel for the culture. As Jules said, with the guide, we felt very safe and it was an interesting opportunity to get a flavour of a very different culture.

But a word of warning don't be persuaded to follow any of the locals into the souk. We were waiting for our guide who'd taken one lady into a shop she was interested in and this guy tried to tell us our guide had gone 'this way' (any way would do - just to separate us off) and promised to take us to him. We refused to move (the guide quickly reappeared) but were later told that the scam was to get us lost and then have to pay the 'good samaritan' to find our way out of the souk again!

So, if you do have an interest in seeing something of the country then it may be worth considering this trip - but as others have said, DiY is very iffy here so an organised trip could be the answer.

We docked there on the Celebration "Colourful Coasts" and I completely agree with you. The taxi drivers were lining up and were so persistant. We waited until the afternoon and thought we were safe to get off for a walk along the harbour wall, but we were still chased by taxi drivers hassling us. We did, however, stay in a lovely hotel in Agadir a couple of months later and we thought it was very nice, despite the awful weather (February)

Sounds a bit like being in Egypt :D

Sounds a bit like being in Egypt :D

Yes it is. We did the C.C. cruise in 2009 and didn't enjoy Agadir at al or the Taroudant excursion. The boys said the haggling in Egypt was a doddle compared to the Moroccans.

Agadir was dirty and smelly, even cairo didn't smell that bad.

Berwyn

We found agadir a bit of a dump, the souk trip was horrible, i'd definately stay on board

Looking down this thread most seem to say they would be onboard the ship so we think it will be pull up a chair, get a few drinks , and people watch. Sat watching the taxi drivers and police knock seven bells out of each other sounds better than the trips they put on . ;):)

After all it is not everyday you get to see the "live" version of the TV police show ROAD WARS, Moroccan style .:eek:

Archived