11:15 flight out of Copenhagen the morning we disembark

World Gallery

I know it is cutting it close but wanted to ask, has anyone taken a 11:15 AM flight out of Copenhagen? The ships docks at 7AM and they said you should be able to get off at about 9AM. We will carry our luggage off. Is this possible or not worth the risk?

the 11:15 flight is cheaper and we are a family of 7 so $150 times 7 adds up. Also, we don't want to stay another night post-cruise.

The rule of thumb is flights after 12:00. Remember the ship has to clear customs which usually goes fine but not always. The only way I would consider it would be if you used self disembarkation which means you are the first ones off but you have to take your luggage off yourself. Remember you are talking about an international flight which airlines will tell you to arrive 2 or more hours before the flight.

Kirk

In 2009 there were very long lines for check in and immigration at the Copenhagen airport. And that was before they added the second security screening. You may get to the airport early enough, but I would worry about getting through the airport to my flight.

I wouldn't do it.

after numerous posts advised it,the cruise agent,TA,and airline too...So bite the bullet and don t spend whole cruise worrying about missing flights..We ended up staying extra nite,big expense I know,,but SO worth it.If thats not possible,try for later or look for different airline? We used KAYAK.com and found others ..good luck..;)

I'll add another view...

It really depends what your itinerary is. If your previous port prior was a Schengen country there is no imigration or customs, and you can simply walk off the ship. On our last cruise that ended in Copenhagen our prior port was Oslo so we simply left the ship when called with absolutely no formalities. In our case we docked before 6:00am (the stated time was 7:00am) by 6:50 they were anouncing "walk off" times and we were off the ship by 7:00am with plenty of taxi waiting.

IMO you could easily have made a 11:30 flight with a couple of hour to spare.

Srpilo

and only $240 for 1 bedroom apt,,with kitchen and pull out couch,,,can sleep 4 that way and ask for cots for others,,or larger apt...can eat there for breakfast,or lunch,,since supermarket on main street below...across canal from old town,but 10 min taxi ride and closer to airport..plus really beautiful views of river and city...good italian rest.only 2 blocks away and can fill up on pizza...check it out...much larger and cheaper than others we looked at...but DO have exact address when you take taxi from ship because its NEW and ours didnt have it on his list...good luck...:)

and only $240 for 1 bedroom apt,,with kitchen and pull out couch,,,can sleep 4 that way and ask for cots for others,,or larger apt...can eat there for breakfast,or lunch,,since supermarket on main street below...across canal from old town,but 10 min taxi ride and closer to airport..plus really beautiful views of river and city...good italian rest.only 2 blocks away and can fill up on pizza...check it out...much larger and cheaper than others we looked at...but DO have exact address when you take taxi from ship because its NEW and ours didnt have it on his list...good luck...:)

I just checked out their website. Are you staying two nights? It states they have a 2 night min. Also, I had a hard time using their website. Do you book online?

Looks like a nice place

I just checked out their website. Are you staying two nights? It states they have a 2 night min. Also, I had a hard time using their website. Do you book online?

Looks like a nice place

and I just stayed 1 nite,no problem,,didnt use their site ex.for checking it out,,booked on above ref.site.Also,they had breakfast if you want for $10.for buffet.Even washer and dryer...a reg NEW apt,that s been converted to hotels..very nice.Much bigger and less expensive that hotel we stayed at pre cruise.The Square...but not in center of town.That s the trade off.;)

The day before for us is a sea day and the day before that is Stockholm. It looks like we are going to have to spend a day in Copenhagen post-cruise. It is not that I don't want to spend a day but the hotel prices there are extremely high.

Of course hotels will be date specific regarding price, but the Copenhagen Marriott shows up on Priceline frequenly bidding between $100.00 & $150.00 per night.

The plus for Priceline is you can keep bidding low almost daily within the above price range, with no downside. My suggestion is to just hold off your final air decission until you're absolutely sure you've secured a economcal hotel, and with that you know you can jump on the next day flight with certainty.

You might also try Hotwire.

Srpilo

WOW, what a difference of opinions! We too had the 11.15 flight so we couldn't get the ship transfer. Walked off the ship, in the taxi, to the airport. I guess, we were just lucky not to get delayed anywhere. :confused:

• 3 weeks later...

We didn't have any problems last year either. Had a 10:50 flight and made it no problems. We even walked to the train station and took the train/metro into the airport. A little more time upfront, but you're guaranteed no traffic issues. And we saved a ton of money.

Got off the boat as early as they let us--I think it was maybe a little before 7:00. Was at the airport a little after 8:00. In fact, had coffee and sat down for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Check with your cruise line for the ship transfers. We're on Princess and we dock in Copenhagen at 5:00am. We can get ship transfers for any flights leaving after 10:00am. I probably won't get the ship transfers but at least I know I can make early flights.

Check with your cruise line for the ship transfers. We're on Princess and we dock in Copenhagen at 5:00am. We can get ship transfers for any flights leaving after 10:00am. I probably won't get the ship transfers but at least I know I can make early flights.

We are on NCL. When I called and asked, they absolutely advise against it but they do that to cover themselves I would assume. On my documents, it states we arrive at 7AM. That is a 2 hour difference from Princess. I still haven't book our flights yet. Just can't figure out what is best.

Archived