triumph to canada

Lefty1

I live in Halifax and have been on the Triumph. I think it's a beautiful ship.

Coming to Halifax in August is a great time. The weather is better the first two weeks of August than towards the end. It's also a fun time in Halifax because the city hosts (for two weeks) an international busker festival, so there's street entertainers from all over the world here at that time. It's free too. It's a time when the waterfront can be very crowded, but that's all part of the appeal. There's lots to do from taking an excursion to Peggy's Cove or just wondering around on your own. Lots to do within walking distance of the pier. Check out the thread on this on the Ports of Call board.

Hope you visit our beautiful city. You'll love it.

Our group is going on Triumph the end of Sept. and really looking forward to our Halifax visit. We would like to go to Peggy's Cove & all see the Titanic Exhibit. Do you know someone locally that we could book a tour with? Thanks for any info you can give me.

Norma XS

My husband, two kids and my father-in-law are doing the 5 day leaving 8/13 to Canada. I am from Boston and not worried at all about hurricanes. We also were on the Miracle last August and loved it!! Can't wait to go on the Triumph.

Norma XS,

Check out this site: http://www.yourcab.ca

I've not used them but I've heard good things. Might be the answer for a tour to Peggy's Cove. The Swiss Air Memorial is near there and it's worth seeing -- very moving.

The Titanic Exhibit is in the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, which is about a 10 minute walk from the pier, along the waterfront. It's an interesting place and well worth checking out. Here's a website: http://museum.gov.ns.ca/mma/

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask more questions.

Norma XS,

Check out this site: www.yourcab.ca

I've not used them but I've heard good things. Might be the answer for a tour to Peggy's Cove. The Swiss Air Memorial is near there and it's worth seeing -- very moving.

The Titanic Exhibit is in the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, which is about a 10 minute walk from the pier, along the waterfront. It's an interesting place and well worth checking out. Here's a website: http://museum.gov.ns.ca/mma/

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask more questions.

Mask,

I am on the 8/13 Triumph. My question is this: My father's family is from Harve Bouche and he owns property with a home (probably not still standing) and we have not been there for several years. I am debating about renting a car in Halifax and making the drive. Its about 200 miles? I am afraid I will miss the ship. Sometimes 200 miles can take 2 hours sometimes 4. How are the highways heading out that way?

Thanks,

Lee Anne

Mask,

I am on the 8/13 Triumph. My question is this: My father's family is from Harve Bouche and he owns property with a home (probably not still standing) and we have not been there for several years. I am debating about renting a car in Halifax and making the drive. Its about 200 miles? I am afraid I will miss the ship. Sometimes 200 miles can take 2 hours sometimes 4. How are the highways heading out that way?

Thanks,

Lee Anne

According to my MS Streets & Trips it is about a three hour drive. (170 miles)

Archived