Can't reach my PVP and I want to book a cruise :(

I'm so bummed, I've built a great relationship with a particular PVP and I haven't been able to reach him this afternoon/evening to book the cruise. I called in to speak with another PVP and he had absolutely no enthusiasm in his voice, his communication took no vested interest in my cruise experience.. I ended up saying I'd wait to book with this particular PVP. Does anyone know if they are subcontractors and they work off hours.. or.. if there's anyway to get this PVP back after I book a cruise. The agent tonight said I wouldn't be able to get him back if I booked with someone else.

Exactly, book it yourself and then have it transfered over to your PVP so he/she can handle any future details.

No. Booking online and then asking a PVP to service the booking is a slap in the face to the PVP. The only way that the PVP will get credit for the booking is if he/she makes the booking. There's no transferring of bookings from one PVP to another unless the second PVP is specifically covering for the first PVP while he's out of the office.

Office hours are M-Th 11am - 8pm , F 9am - 6pm. Leave a message. Many PVP's do check their phone messages during the weekend.

No. Booking online and then asking a PVP to service the booking is a slap in the face for the PVP. The only way that the PVP will get credit for the booking is if he/she makes the booking. There's no transferring of bookings from one PVP to another unless the second PVP is specifically covering for the first PVP while he's out of the office.

Office hours are M-Th 11am - 8pm , F 9am - 6pm. Leave a message. Many PVP's do check their phone messages during the weekend.

Well, I'm willing to wait for this PVP. If my rate goes up.. so be it. Thanks for the info. Hopefully he calls before the end of the weekend, I'm really excited to get this booked.

I am going to do that.. I just hope the price doesn't go up!! The price has been the same over the past week, it didn't change with the sale.. so I'm *hoping* that the price will be the same when he calls. ::fingers crossed::

Trust me , Murphy's law , It will go up .

Good thing is you will still be on the ship if it dos :D !

Does your PVP not have a cell number to contact them when they are out of the office? Mine did and I called her on a Sunday to book my cruise I took earlier this year. This is how they make their incentives so they don't mind you calling them to book when they are not actually in the office. :D

If you have gotten any emails from your PVP their cell number should be listed below their name, HTH!

I'm so bummed, I've built a great relationship with a particular PVP and I haven't been able to reach him this afternoon/evening to book the cruise. I called in to speak with another PVP and he had absolutely no enthusiasm in his voice, his communication took no vested interest in my cruise experience.. I ended up saying I'd wait to book with this particular PVP. Does anyone know if they are subcontractors and they work off hours.. or.. if there's anyway to get this PVP back after I book a cruise. The agent tonight said I wouldn't be able to get him back if I booked with someone else.

As for as this, yes they are subcontractors. So if you like your PVP they would thank you if you book with them.

As for as this, yes they are subcontractors. So if you like your PVP they would thank you if you book with them.

Thanks for the clarification, it makes me feel better about the messages I left in his voice mail/cell phone/email. I don't want to come off as a stalker, lol.

He was so engaged in hearing what we wanted out of our trip and wanting to make it a nice vacation for us. I was crest fallen when I spoke with the other PVP, he had no enthusiasm in his voice at all. I am willing to pay more for better customer service.

so your PVP is going to just book one in the cabin and add the other person at a later time?

Bill

I am assuming so. I had thought about doing the same thing through the website but decided still to wait for my PVP.

Maybe he'll call me tomorrow? :D One more hour until the sale ends and I see if this cabin price goes up.

If you left a message saying you wanted to book, I'm surprised you haven't heard back. If my PVP is out for the day he always leaves the phone number of someone who is covering for him. Sometimes he has his cell number on the voice mail available for those ready to book. I know they check their messages, I've got calls back even when leaving messages after hours.

No. Booking online and then asking a PVP to service the booking is a slap in the face to the PVP. The only way that the PVP will get credit for the booking is if he/she makes the booking. There's no transferring of bookings from one PVP to another unless the second PVP is specifically covering for the first PVP while he's out of the office.

I don't believe this to be true at least in my case. I originally booked my October cruise with someone at the 800#. The gentleman was very nice but the cruise was chartered and I got the call from Carnival that I had 24 hrs to pick another cruise. I wasn't able to contact him and was running out of time. I found the name of a PVP on another forum and called that person. I had to send a letter stating I wanted to transfer my booking to her and she's been handling my cruise since then. She actually is wonderful. Very informative and a pleasure to chat/email with. We had more issues with the cruise :mad: and with her help was able to get some "extras" for our troubles. I'd refer her in a minute. Glad I found her :D:D

Last time that happened to me it was because my PVP was no longer there.....

I have found that yes they do work different shifts.

Call back until you find someone you like. I like my guy but we apparently can't tell people about them on here.

My PVP said if I book another cruise while on a cruise and buy the FCC, she would get the credit anyways. That's what we did this year, and what I'll be doing when on my next cruise.

Archived