Which water camera? Torn between 2

joan72761

I have the canon D10 (now a nice doorstop) and used it on a cruise. Worked nicely and a few times since, but now get a lens error and won't work at all. I thought it was bulky compared to new ones.

Looking at the Nikon AW100 now as a replacement. $349, but have found it for $269 online with the current $50 rebate. I've seen it in person, but have not tried it in water yet.

Has any one used the Nikon Coolpix AW100 waterproof, shockproof digital camera. 16mp, 1080 HD video, 5x optical zoom, GPS tagging. $299 seems to be the going price for a camera with all the latest options.

I am torn between this Nikon and the Panasonic Lumix...both seem to be around the same price. The only difference is the Nikon is a fairly new model and this is Nikon's first attempt into the underwater camera segment. This makes me a little reluctant to become Nikon's guinea pig and test it out...LOL!;)

I have been using the Canon D10 for two years now and have been extremely pleased with it both snorkeling and on land. I paid something close to $300 so am guessing the new pricing indicates it is coming to the end of its production run.

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up the Intova IC-14 kit for $284.

Having used the Intova IC-6 for several years, I am looking forward to using the HD video.

Intova makes the best housings for their cameras. Highly functional.

Archived