14 or 15 night Hawaiian Cruise

JohnHall1965

My wife and I are leaning towards booking the Golden Princess for one of the 14 or 15 night Hawaiian Itineraries, we will be celebrating our 25th anniversary. A couple questions for the experienced Princess cruisers , on these longer cruises ,how many formal nights are there. What does Princess lean towards on they're outdoor movie theater (more movies or concerts). Do all Princess ships offer the Chefs table dinner. And how does the balcony dining option work,(how much is it, is the food better, I assume you can choose your food. Just curious about it) Thanks everyone in advance for your responses , we have sailed with Carnival and Royal C. in the past ,and we are excited to try Princess

There will be 3 formal nights on the 14-15 day cruise.

The Chef's Table is offered on all Princess ships. It is wonderful and well worth the money. If you want to do this, make sure you call the DINE line as soon as you board. It fills up quickly.

The UBD (ultimate balcony dinner) is another excellent choice. The menu is set. The cost is $50pp. For this you have a table set up on your balcony with tablecloth, fresh flowers and a "candle". You get cocktails, appetizers, then a first course of crab cakes; salad; surf and turf (or steak alone or 2 lobster tails) with veggies; a split of champagne and dessert and coffee. The last thing they bring is a plate of chocolate covered strawberries. They also send a photographer around for a nice portrait. It is a very romantic evening.

MUTS is a mix of movies, concerts and sport.

Hope this helps. Have a very happy 25th!!!

There will be 3 formal nights on the 14-15 day cruise.

The Chef's Table is offered on all Princess ships. It is wonderful and well worth the money. If you want to do this, make sure you call the DINE line as soon as you board. It fills up quickly.

The UBD (ultimate balcony dinner) is another excellent choice. The menu is set. The cost is $50pp. For this you have a table set up on your balcony with tablecloth, fresh flowers and a "candle". You get cocktails, appetizers, then a first course of crab cakes; salad; surf and turf (or steak alone or 2 lobster tails) with veggies; a split of champagne and dessert and coffee. The last thing they bring is a plate of chocolate covered strawberries. They also send a photographer around for a nice portrait. It is a very romantic evening.

MUTS is a mix of movies, concerts and sport.

Hope this helps. Have a very happy 25th!!!

It did help and thank you very much, I am very much looking forward to the Chefs table !

When did Princess put back the 15 day cruise? They had eliminated that extra day so all cruises could begin and end on the same day of the week.

We just got off the Golden and have decided to take another trip to Hawaii. I had heard that the SF (15 day) trips had been selling well for the couple of trips scheduled in early 2012. Stopped and talked with the Future cruise sales gal and got a brochure that has Sept 2012-May 2013 West Coast sailings. There are two October and two Nov cruises on the Star plus one March (2013) and two April cruises on the Grand departing SF.

We just got off the Golden and have decided to take another trip to Hawaii. I had heard that the SF (15 day) trips had been selling well for the couple of trips scheduled in early 2012. Stopped and talked with the Future cruise sales gal and got a brochure that has Sept 2012-May 2013 West Coast sailings. There are two October and two Nov cruises on the Star plus one March (2013) and two April cruises on the Grand departing SF.

We'll be on the Ocean in less than 3 weeks, with plenty of time to confer with the sales person. Thanks for the lowdown.

My wife and I are leaning towards booking the Golden Princess for one of the 14 or 15 night Hawaiian Itineraries, we will be celebrating our 25th anniversary. A couple questions for the experienced Princess cruisers , on these longer cruises ,how many formal nights are there. What does Princess lean towards on they're outdoor movie theater (more movies or concerts). Do all Princess ships offer the Chefs table dinner. And how does the balcony dining option work,(how much is it, is the food better, I assume you can choose your food. Just curious about it) Thanks everyone in advance for your responses , we have sailed with Carnival and Royal C. in the past ,and we are excited to try Princess

All princess ships offer the Chef's Table. The cost was recently raised from $75.00pp to $95.00pp.....

Bob

When did Princess put back the 15 day cruise? They had eliminated that extra day so all cruises could begin and end on the same day of the week.

Pia,

We just booked 15 nights on Star to Hawaii return out of SFO for a 21 Oct 12 departure and that has been in the Cruise Atlas since it was sent out earlier this year.

Seems that out of LAX, the itineraries are one day shorter at 14. Difference I believe is a result of the required day at sea out of Ensenada's service call to get back north to SFO.

Ciao for now!!!

The ones out of LA are just 14 days (used to be 15 with Kona included) and are on the Golden and Sapphire.

Usually a movie starts off the MUTS screenings at 9am (on the Golden, it was usually a movie set in Hawaii (Hawaii, Lilo and Stich, Pearl Harbor) or a documentary based on Hawaii. Usually the concert videos are shown around noon or mid-afternoon. If there's a major sporting event (a couple of college bowl games were shown on our cruise) or Monday Night football, that might be shown. Then around 7pm a recent movie is shown that is repeated a couple of hours later.

There's three formal nights on cruises that are 14 and 15 days in length. Usually on sea days (on our two holiday cruises, two of them were on the holidays).

Pia,

We just booked 15 nights on Star to Hawaii return out of SFO for a 21 Oct 12 departure and that has been in the Cruise Atlas since it was sent out earlier this year.

Seems that out of LAX, the itineraries are one day shorter at 14. Difference I believe is a result of the required day at sea out of Ensenada's service call to get back north to SFO.

Ciao for now!!!

The last time we did this run the ship was still doing 15 from LA and included Kona. I miss the Kona stop because we have friends there. We're still sorting the mid to end of year of 2012, so very well might end up on this one with you.

The last time we did this run the ship was still doing 15 from LA and included Kona. I miss the Kona stop because we have friends there. We're still sorting the mid to end of year of 2012, so very well might end up on this one with you.

We haven't looked at the R/T LA to Hawaii again since they cut out Kona. We did the best excursion out of all of our cruises there!! I love sea days, but if I'm going to be on the ship that long, I want to at least be able to try for five port stops!

Hi , we are booked on the Sapphire for the RT LA- Hawaii this Nov. and look forward to doing this cruise again , we did it last time with the 15 day on the Diamond, we will miss the stop in Kona.We probably won't even get off the ship in Ensenada, or if we do just browse the port building at the dock, we have been to Ensenada so many times in past years when it was actually a fun stop, it isn't any more, but the ship has to stop there re the foreign port stop Act ? not sure anymore . But we just love the sea days , so its all good.

Cori

Hi , we are booked on the Sapphire for the RT LA- Hawaii this Nov. and look forward to doing this cruise again , we did it last time with the 15 day on the Diamond, we will miss the stop in Kona.We probably won't even get off the ship in Ensenada, or if we do just browse the port building at the dock, we have been to Ensenada so many times in past years when it was actually a fun stop, it isn't any more, but the ship has to stop there re the foreign port stop Act ? not sure anymore . But we just love the sea days , so its all good.

Cori

They have to stop there for the PVSA Act. It seems that at least 90 per cent of the passengers stay onboard in Ensenada. At least on our two Hawaiian cruises.

We went the end of March. We were disapointed that it was too cool to hang out by the pool.

Pax et bonum,

Kevin

Hmm ..... that's different. Have done this itinerary 3 times so far, once in late January and twice in March, and each time, by day 3 heading toward Hawaii, has warmed up sufficiently that there are lots of swimsuit clad people hanging out on the pool decks.

We're going again in March, this time on the SF-HI itinerary.

Archived