Cocktails to go

Tetra

Sorry for the total newbie-ness.....

If I go into a lounge onboard and order a drink, do they assume you'll be taking it with you, and put it in a plastic cup, or do you have to ask? Since I'm going solo, I don't think I'll be sitting in the lounges for long periods of time, but I might like to grab a nightcap and take it back to my cabin, or up on deck.

Is there anywhere on the ship that they wouldn't allow you to wander around with a drink?

The silly things you think of when you have a month to kill before your cruise....

Ordering a glass of wine and taking back to cabin is a handy way of obtaining wine glass for use with left over bottles from MDR. But be sure to put in drawer or in cabinet so attendant will not remove.

If you want an empty wine glass all you have to do is ask. No need to order a glass of wine to get one.

You may take your drink anywhere after you've been served at the bar/lounge. They serve all drinks in glassware. I think there are rules about having a glass container at the pool.

Even at the pool they serve drinks in real glass. Sodas and water are served in plastic .

Ordering a glass of wine and taking back to cabin is a handy way of obtaining wine glass for use with left over bottles from MDR. But be sure to put in drawer or in cabinet so attendant will not remove.

Just ask for an empty glass or two at the bar.........or call housekeeping and they will bring some.....

If you want an empty wine glass all you have to do is ask. No need to order a glass of wine to get one.

Didn't work last cruise. Never saw attendant after first very brief intro and she never answered phone - also apparently did not read English. Parents in cabin next door had same person and couldn't even get more toilet paper and called Housekeeping too but ended up taking our spare roll which although was not needed was also never replaced. So we figured we had to be self reliant.

Didn't work last cruise. Never saw attendant after first very brief intro and she never answered phone - also apparently did not read English. Parents in cabin next door had same person and couldn't even get more toilet paper and called Housekeeping too but ended up taking our spare roll which although was not needed was also never replaced. So we figured we had to be self reliant.

You can always just stop at a bar and ask for a wine glass. No need to order wine in it. :)

That is NOT the norm. Hope you complained to housekeeping and or the main desk for some OBC and free bottle of wine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you tip? Hope not!!!:eek:

Archived