New to Celebrity / Concierge Class

JF4300

I am planning on booking with Celebrity (have done RCCl many times). Just wondering what the charge will be for Concierge Class service on a 7 night sailing in a veranda stateroom?

Is it worth the extra money? Just looking for some opinions.

Thanks

Many of us feel it is worth it and some do not.

However, if you follow Celebrity you will notice CC sells out fast and Celebrity has increased the number greatly. At first only the Cat 1A on the 9th (top) deck (M-Class) was CC.

Cost will vary as to where the sailing is going and demand for that sailing sometimes it is a $100/pp and many times it is more. The old supply and demand story.

We always go CC or higher.

CC Class rooms can cost as little as $20 more than the next highest level of veranda cabin (2A) and can cost as much as $500pp more than the cheapest veranda cabin (2C). It all depends on cruise you are considering and what the demand has been for CC cabins vs. 2A, 2B and 2C cabins.

Rest assured that for $20 it's well worth it. Exactly how much you would pay is a matter of taste and a function of how much you'll use the extras.

The top benefits expressed in the dozen's of threads:

1. White Linen Breakfast served on verada with full service (Aqua Spa and Dining Room) menu.

2. Pillow Menu including body pillow

3. Premium Robe, Towels, bath mats

4. Fresh Flowers & Bubbly in the room

5. Canape (sp?) before dinner

6. Gold Key Card, Gift Travel Bag

Just be very careful about the location. Some cabins were made CC class because they needed the perks to book those locations. Not always the best cabins. As for the price, that would totally depend on how much difference there actually was over a normal veranda cabin.

Marilyn

Just be very careful about the location. Some cabins were made CC class because they needed the perks to book those locations. Not always the best cabins. As for the price, that would totally depend on how much difference there actually was over a normal veranda cabin.

Marilyn

Can you give me an example

And some are not even veranda cabins. ie, the Century Concierge Class are only Oceanviews.

Ditto the Zenith........and I suspect the Horizon (but I'm not sure about that).

On the Millenium Class ships CC is verand cabins. On the Century Class they are not.

Celebrity ConciergeClass

spacer.gif

When you stay in a Celebrity ConciergeClass Stateroom on Constellation, you will receive these added amenities and more:

• Welcome champagne
  • Daily fruit selection
  • Fresh-cut flowers
  • Daily hors d'oeuvres
  • Menu of pillows - Conformance, Body, Goose, and Isotonic®
  • Duvets and pillow-top mattresses
  • Leather key holder, personalized stationery, a tote bag and umbrella
  • Double-thick Frette bathrobes
  • Hansgrohe® showerhead
  • VIP invitations to events
  • Early embarkation and debarkation
  • Dining and seating preference
  • Preference on shore excursions
  • Express luggage delivery

CC is worth the few extra $ but stay away from deck 9. We just got off the Millie & the Infinity and loved all the extras we got with the CC rooms. Each one is not that impressive but when you add them all up it makes for a very special experience.

Just be very careful about the location. Some cabins were made CC class because they needed the perks to book those locations. Not always the best cabins.
Re: "perks to book those locations": This wouldn't be true on M-class ships. ALL of the previously 1A, 1B and 1C cabins on the M-Class ships were converted to CC cabins, regardless of location, and no others were converted. Clearly, 1A cabins were often to be preferred over 1C, but there were no hard and fast rules there, either. Aft cabins on Deck 7 weren't consided 1A, but those on Deck 9 were! Go figure. I'd take any aft CC cabin (Decks 7, 8 or 9) ahead of any of the CC cabins that are along the sides.

Can't speak for the C-Class and others since we haven't sailed them since the CC program began.

CC is worth the few extra $ but stay away from deck 9.
Why? Too much noise from the pool deck area? We like the aft cabins on Deck 9. The little bit of noise at the end of the evening as they straighten up isn't worth worrying over unless you go to bed early and are a VERY light sleeper.

We opted for cabin #6136 on the Summitt in Jan. We feel it's a good choice because of: location (between 2 suites), balcony size, and we wanted a CC cabin.

Anyone else been in this cabin?? Or one like it?

Karyn

On M-Class Ships (Summit, Constellation, Millennium, Infinity), Deck 9 is below the Aqua Spa (forward), Pool Deck (midships), and Buffet Restaurant (Aft).

The "overhang" is due to the fact that the floor area of Deck 10 is larger than that of any of the lower decks, so there is a large overhanging deck that partially obscures the view of the sky, as seen from Deck 9. For sun worshippers, this is BAD. For people who wear hats and put on the SPF50 before going out (we live in Arizona), this is great because you get outside area that doesn't have the sun beating down.

The other potential pitfall is where on Deck 9 you pick. Aqua Spa gets very little traffic at night, so picking a cabin under the Spa will get you a quiet cabin. Under the pool deck, however, lots of running and heavy footfalls, wheeled carts being pushed, and lounge chair being dragged across the deck right above your head. The deck hands, after a midnight buffet on the pool deck , will be moving chairs, carts, hosing things down, all at 1-2 am. Terrible!

The best, in my opinion, is under the buffet; it gets low traffic at nights, no running, and it is a carpeted surface so that minimizes the noise.

We loved CC, thought it was worth the extra money, but urge caution in cabin selection.

6136 is a great cabin. We stayed in 6143 on the Constellation and have 6135 reserved on Infinity in June. I have also stayed in 9138, the angled balcony on Connie. I heard noise occasionally from deck 10 but it never bothered me.

I repeatedly book 9201 as I love the sun to relax in on a cushioned lounger, I am one floor from food & drink to bring down, great people up there with me in our own little world with 200 sq ft balcony.

What your beef? Granted 9140 was lousy with the little balcony that just fit the table.

CC is worth the few extra $ but stay away from deck 9. We just got off the Millie & the Infinity and loved all the extras we got with the CC rooms. Each one is not that impressive but when you add them all up it makes for a very special experience.

We're booked in Cabin 6135 on Millennium for next February. We selected this cabin because of the larger balcony. It is a CC cabin, and the price difference on our sailing was only $40 pp to upgrade to a CC cabin (plus, the cabin dimensions are larger, so that's an added plus).

Noise is one factor but a bigger negative for us is how close you are to the huge overhang of deck 10. It made us feel "closed in" while on the veranda.

I guess this comes down to personal preference. We have had CC in 9045 on Millie 9047 on Constellation and 9038 next year on the Constellation and we love them. These are far enough forward (under the Aqua Spa) where there isn't any noise, and we like the overhang as it keeps the direct sun from beating down. It gives us the nice shade we like and we don't feel trapped. Again this is all personal preference. Just my $.02 :D

Noise is one factor but a bigger negative for us is how close you are to the huge overhang of deck 10. It made us feel "closed in" while on the veranda.
Ah, I think I understand where you were now. Not a problem on any of the 15 aft CC cabins, including Deck 9. The veranda is larger than most of the cabins on the ship, and about 1/3 is covered for some shade with the remainder fully exposed.

On M-Class Ships (Summit, Constellation, Millennium, Infinity), Deck 9 is below the Aqua Spa (forward), Pool Deck (midships), and Buffet Restaurant (Aft). [snip]

The best, in my opinion, is under the buffet; it gets low traffic at nights, no running, and it is a carpeted surface so that minimizes the noise.

We loved CC, thought it was worth the extra money, but urge caution in cabin selection.

Go completely aft, and you're not under the buffet area, either.

Guest THE EDS

We stayed in cc8102 last year before it was made cc class, very nice BUT something not shown in the brochure is that the verandah is curved and you end up looking into the side window of the suite next door. We were on the New England cruise so it really was not that much of a problem but on a warmer cruise would really limit the use of your verandah. LikeD the cabin so much we are booked next year again cc class, deck 8 but not 8102. Hope this is helpful, as other writers have said cc class great but be careful of location

THE EDS

Midship is always good: as for cc class we have had it on NCL twice and loved the attention and the nicities, but would we pay an extra say $100 per person? No way. We are booked CC class for our granddaughters wedding on the Zenith in December. The reason, the prices dropped so much, we were able to get one for less than we had originally planned on paying for a standard outside and yes, someone says the Zenith CC do not have balconies, that's correct darn it!!! NMnita

Midship is always good: as for cc class we have had it on NCL twice and loved the attention and the nicities, but would we pay an extra say $100 per person? No way.
Would you pay $100/pp extra if you were on an M-Class ship? If your choice is between a Cat2 (next below a CC cabin) with a little over 170 sq ft and a small veranda, and an aft CC cabin of 190+ sq ft and a veranda that's as big as your Cat2 cabin, then would it be worth the $100?

Archived