Constellation.......Better now or before.

Tbarr139

I am going to sail on the Constellation for the second time in a few months. I'm interested to find out if people liked her the way she was before being “Solsticized”, or do you like her better now. I really liked the layout of the ship they way it was and hope that all the changes that were made will improve our experience even more. Can't wait to try out the ice-topped Martini Bar.:D

I'm interested to find out if people liked her the way she was before being “Solsticized”, or do you like her better now.

Now. Tuscan Grill was a great addition.:)

Our first ever cruise was on Constellation. We loved her then and were, understandably, worried about returning last November but she was so beautiful that we could forget the loss of the "hole". Bistro on Five and the Tuscan Grille were wonderful additions. On reflection, the only complaint we have is the loss of the Champagne Bar. There now does not seem to be a good alternative to the Martini Bar which always had a different ambiance.

Sue

Does anyone know if the new AQUA class AFT (deck 11) cabin balconies have a roof or cover over them. I am interested in knowing if there is sun or shade? Also, how big are aft the balconies?

We will actually be on the Summit after it is Solticized and it will be our first time in an AFT cabin.

Does anyone know if the new AQUA class AFT (deck 11) cabin balconies have a roof or cover over them. I am interested in knowing if there is sun or shade? Also, how big are aft the balconies?

We will actually be on the Summit after it is Solticized and it will be our first time in an AFT cabin.

I just came across another thread about the new Constellation. Looks like they didn't change deck 11 to Aqua class like they will be on the Summit, so I guess my question can not be properly answered.:(

Now. Tuscan Grill was a great addition.:)

Texed, You are the expert;

Remember you sailing on Infinity cruise to AK. a couple years ago.

You attended the cruise critic party and had been on many many cruises.

We too, love Celebrity ships.

My question: The Summit is going to be Solstiticed in January.

Are they cabin configuerations going to be the same as they are now?

Also, the bathroom has that horrible white shower curtain that flaps in the breeze.

hope they have plans of changing it to a more stable door.

Maybe you have an answer since Constellation has already been updated.

Thanks....Bob and Nancy

Also, the bathroom has that horrible white shower curtain that flaps in the breeze.Maybe you have an answer since Constellation has already been updated. Thanks....Bob and Nancy

I don't consider myself an expert, but it is nice hearing from you.

I believe Summit will be adding the AQ Class rooms. There was a room diagram posted on here a few days ago. A "search" should bring it up.

They have not replaced the shower curtains on Constellation. They are "clingers". :)

I hope you have a great cruise.

Remember you sailing on Infinity cruise to AK. a couple years ago.

You attended the cruise critic party and had been on many many cruises.

We too, love Celebrity ships.

My question: The Summit is going to be Solstiticed in January.

Also, the bathroom has that horrible white shower curtain that flaps in the breeze.

hope they have plans of changing it to a more stable door.

Maybe you have an answer since Constellation has already been updated.

Thanks....Bob and Nancy

This is Jan 2012? Just checking. We. would not sail on her again til she was upgraded a bit... But aftrewards we are thinking about taking her again to Bermuda if she sails from Bayonne.. Guess we'll look into that for this summer...We do not think AQ will be worth it on M class... but may try a suite...

Maybe I can help. We were on the Connie last month. Those embracing white shower curtains are still there.

We reallly enjoyed the upgrades on the Connie.

But so is the clothesline in the bath as well as the far, far superior storage in cabin. Our recent cruise reminded me in the clearest possible way how much more comfortable the Connie's cabin is than the S-Class.

Just got off the Constellatıon on October 1. It was perfect. We liked everythıng about ıt. Solstice class shıps are our favorıte but realıstıcally how bad can even an un Solstıcized shıp be?

We had those shower curtaıns ın our VA cabın. No bıg deal and no ıssues for us.

If that shower curtaın was my bıggest complaint I would consıder the cruise a ravıng success!

I am going to sail on the Constellation for the second time in a few months. I'm interested to find out if people liked her the way she was before being “Solsticized”, or do you like her better now. I really liked the layout of the ship they way it was and hope that all the changes that were made will improve our experience even more. Can't wait to try out the ice-topped Martini Bar.:D

What was actually done to Solsticize Connie. Was she is dry-dock, cut and expanded. Or did she undergo a major interior redo? We will be on her next month.

Thanks,

Colleen

Like any other cruise we found things we liked more, and some we liked less, than our prior cruises. A really liked the Tuscan Grill and Bistro on 5. I also liked the new decor of the staterooms. I did not like the Cellermasters Bar and much prefer the Martini Bar/Champagne bar the way it was before the change. Overall I would say the changes were an improvement.

What was actually done to Solsticize Connie. Was she is dry-dock, cut and expanded. Or did she undergo a major interior redo? We will be on her next month.

Thanks,

Colleen

Here is a press release: http://www.celebritycruises.com/aboutceleb/pressDetails.do?pagename=press_room_details&event_date=2010-05-10&event_type=press_release&sequence_code=A

They did not cut and expand her. There were some major interior redo's but only of certain areas and not throughout the entire ship.

Basically they redid all the carpeting and most soft good throughout the ship including the staterooms. The only other change to the staterooms, other than carpeting, draperies, bedspreads and such was to replace the old TV's with newer flat screen TV's. Some things that many expected to be upgraded such as the bathroom fixtures and veranda furniture were unchanged.

They also changed some of the lounge and public areas on the ship including moving the martini bar to a new location with a totally different design and they added two specialty restaurants: The nice upscale Tuscan Grille and the casual Bistro on 5 creperie. They also added an extra charge Gelateria but fortunately they still have the wonderful no extra charge ice cream bar in the buffet area.

We've sailed on Constellation eight times; once since it's Solsticization. IMHO, Celebrity did a nice job of Solticizing the ship while still managing to retain its traditional ambiance over Solstice’s more modern, sleek appearance. For the most part, the changes were cosmetic - changing the ship’s color palette, adding some new artwork, recarpeting, reupholstering/updating soft goods (no small feat), adding flatscreen televisions in cabins. The only significant changes we found were the addition of the Tuscan Grill, Bistro on Five, the new Martini/Crush Bar and Wine Cellars - nice enough upgrades but nothing to significantly alter the ship’s inherent personality.

I loved the Connie before and I loved her after.

The only thing I wished they'd had done was to put the Martini Bar where the Cellars is now. The bar now is too cramped. And because of it's location, It is noisier than other Martini Bars.

Thanks to TexEd and to all who answered my questions about Solsticizaion of the Summit.

Know that it would be similar to Constellatiion. It was nice finding out some of the small

changes that would take place in 2012.

It has certainly been well maintained, however, The ship did need some updating of rooms.

And some improved amenities.... especially, the new Tuscan Grille, Blu, & Aqua class.

Sorry to hear that the bathroom shower curtain did not get changed - but I guess that is

not really a big problem,

Looking forward to sailing with Celebrity again.

Thanks all Bob & Nancy

We are going to be in one of those deck 11 afts in April. They look interesting. Can't wait to hear from those going before us.

MrJulius:)

• 4 weeks later...

so did the attrium get changed??? I have been on Equinnox....( loved it|) and some of the pictures I have seen under the heading of Constellation....show the new attrium. Disappointed to read the shower curtains have not been changed...but will have to live with it..lol....

it sounds like the big changes are the martini bar and the restaurants. Money makers for Celebrity which I can understand...but do the staterooms have that new look to them????

thanks

Brockmom

good entertainment on Connie?? It was wonderful on Equinnox

so did the attrium get changed??? I have been on Equinnox....( loved it|) and some of the pictures I have seen under the heading of Constellation....show the new attrium. Disappointed to read the shower curtains have not been changed...but will have to live with it..lol....

it sounds like the big changes are the martini bar and the restaurants. Money makers for Celebrity which I can understand...but do the staterooms have that new look to them????

thanks

Brockmom

good entertainment on Connie?? It was wonderful on Equinnox

Hi Brockmom,

That I recall, they did little to nothing to Constellation's atrium - not that it needed change. The staterooms were updated, but do not have the Solstice type feel to them. It's mostly soft goods - new carpeting, furniture coverings, and flat screen TV's. As far as I could tell, the cabin bathrooms looked to be unchanged.

We were on Contstellation in April, and thought the entertainment was excellent. We'll be onboard again, next month. Can't wait :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just off the Millenium and felt the public washrooms were very outdated. Did they re-tile the floors and clean up the old- looking stalls at all?

Also , enjoyed the larger than S-class jogging track as well as the Promenade deck being open to the sea with lifeboats above rather than blocking the view. Are those two areas the same as on the Millie?

Thanks .

Just off the Millenium and felt the public washrooms were very outdated. Did they re-tile the floors and clean up the old- looking stalls at all?

Also , enjoyed the larger than S-class jogging track as well as the Promenade deck being open to the sea with lifeboats above rather than blocking the view. Are those two areas the same as on the Millie?

Thanks .

We were on the Connie last spring and had been on her for 4 prior sailings.

I didn't have any issues with the publix washrooms, thought they looked fine so I didn't notice any updating nor need to update either way. So I can not say anything about that.

The large jogging/walking path on the Millennium is the same on the Connie and all the other M class ships, or was up to now. The Connie is the only M class ship to me updated so far and they did not change the track on that. But all the other M class ships will have most of the track removed as they add new cabins on the rear of deck 11. This starts with the Infinity which I believe is in dry dock for the changes right now and will be the case on the Summit and Millennium.

We were on the Connie last spring and had been on her for 4 prior sailings.

I didn't have any issues with the publix washrooms, thought they looked fine so I didn't notice any updating nor need to update either way. So I can not say anything about that.

The large jogging/walking path on the Millennium is the same on the Connie and all the other M class ships, or was up to now. The Connie is the only M class ship to me updated so far and they did not change the track on that. But all the other M class ships will have most of the track removed as they add new cabins on the rear of deck 11. This starts with the Infinity which I believe is in dry dock for the changes right now and will be the case on the Summit and Millennium.

Thanks Lsimon, you are always so helpful! Good to know they left the walking areas in tact - for now...

Archived