Carnival 1A (with a window) . . . anyone ever stayed in one of these cabins?

ladycaveat

In just twenty-nine days I'll be on my way to the Caribbean and I can hardly wait! This will be my first cruise on Carnival (out of five prior cruises). It will also be my second cruise alone (after a divorce). On my last cruise, September 2003, I booked an inside cabin (Celebrity) and I hated it. It was so dark and I never knew if it was day or night. This time, I booked a 1A on Carnival which I was told was one of two 1A cabins which had a window. It's on the Triumph and it's cabin #1444. Has anyone ever been in this cabin (or any other 1A cabin on Carnival)? Was really interested in how comfortable the cabin is . . . the layout looks really strange . . .

I was just on the Carnival in October of 2004. I was in a 1A cabin on the main deck and I think it was either 2334 or 2335. This is what some call a special cabin. It actually had two windows. It was a nice size cabin I quess because there was only one twin bed in it. You may have a window. I hope this helps.

you will have two porthole windows...the room is about 160 square ft. and will either have one twin bed or two twin beds or 2 beds, one on top of another...(bunk bed) the layout is different since these are special rooms, since most of these rooms have bunk beds, which is the least preferable to most people

• 2 weeks later...

I have been on cruises and have never heard of a Cat. 1A having a window or anything other than bunkbeds? I am booked in a Cat. 1A gty on the Glory, does anyone know anything about the 1A's on this ship? I have cruised once in a bunkbed cat. and it was indeed a bunkbed room on the NCL Norway. No porthole and no twin beds! How great would that be to arrive to my 1A and find a porthole and twin beds?! Also if anyone has any pictures of a Cat. 1A and would really like to see them. Ever heard of getting an upgrade into a Cat.4A from a Cat. 1A when your a past guest? Thanks for any and all input in advance.

If possible ask your agent if cabin 2462 or 2465 is available. If either of these cabins are available --take a look at the deck plans for this cabin. My opinion--way better then a 4 A anyday.

I have been on cruises and have never heard of a Cat. 1A having a window or anything other than bunkbeds? I am booked in a Cat. 1A gty on the Glory, does anyone know anything about the 1A's on this ship? I have cruised once in a bunkbed cat. and it was indeed a bunkbed room on the NCL Norway. No porthole and no twin beds! How great would that be to arrive to my 1A and find a porthole and twin beds?! Also if anyone has any pictures of a Cat. 1A and would really like to see them. Ever heard of getting an upgrade into a Cat.4A from a Cat. 1A when your a past guest? Thanks for any and all input in advance.

I'll let you know after I return but I have been assured by my travel agent (actually, he's a Carnival rep) that my cabin and one other (I'm in 2444 and the other is 2445) are 1A cabins but unlike other 1A cabins . . . these two have windows or portholes . . . though I think he said those two cabins had windows). I've been told my cabin has a twin bed and a upper bed (which is only "let down" if there is a second sharring your cabin). Since I am traveling alone, I've been told that I will have a lot more space in my cabin.

Thank you for your feedback on the cat.1A. It looks like you are leaving next weekend on the 30th on the Triumph! Wish we were going already.:( The room you were booked into sounds awesome! Yes, please do let me knew about your cabin when you get back. And maybe you can take a picture or two for me so I can see this stateroom. Have a great time and meet lots of new friends.

Debbie

• 10 months later...

Very nice room. But be aware that the set up is not the same on the Glory-although its the sister ship to the Valor and Liberty. Glory has one bed on the floor and an upper bed that pulls from the wall.

I am seeing if the Destiny/Triumph ships have the two beds or one and one.

Your pics of a cat.1A on the Valor are great! The room even had windows?! How wonderful, if not for people like you that post these pics, others would not know they actually have more than a few options when picking a room catagory.

I did enjoy our 1A on Glory but yours does look much nicer than ours was!

Debbie

Hey Serene-

It has been a long tome since we last spoke!!! How are you??

Yes, as a matter of fact, I do have pics of our 1A but I am not quite sure how to post them on the thread. I will try but I think the last time it told me that my pic was too large and I don't know how to condense it?:confused:

Any suggestions for me?

Debbie

Hey girl-

The pics are already down-loaded on my computer from a digital camera but every time I go to post it says that my image is too large.

I will try and send it to your address.

BTW- I am going on my first FAM cruise the end of next month and also have the Elation booked in Sept. I can't wait for either. Next weekend I am in Tampa all weekend at a Cruise and Travel Show, my first, very excited!!

Take care and email me sometime, you have my email. I still think we need to hook up and go on a cruise sometime together, what a blast that would be?! LOL

Debbie:)

See what happens when that cruisebug first hits? I see you went on your first in 1999 and look at you now--lol

have you ever downloaded webshots to upload photos? thats what I use

When are you sailing the elation? we are sailing on the Destiny Sept 10th.

(Inside cabins were under 500.00 3rd person rate was 279. eowchh couldnt pass that deal.

• 2 weeks later...

off topic- FBRu-- this is the first year we did not buy season tickets for the Soul games because most games conflicted with our plans.. (games being on Saturday)

2444 on the Victory had a lower bed and an upper bed back in 2002.

Me to The Friday games Killed me This year Thanks To DTV and FSN OLN get to see most games

off topic- FBRu-- this is the first year we did not buy season tickets for the Soul games because most games conflicted with our plans.. (games being on Saturday)

2444 on the Victory had a lower bed and an upper bed back in 2002.

Does anyone have pics of this room on the Liberty. Booked for Freedom in this cabin should be similar to 2465 just port side of ship.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/548278080/2752283290062547426mvydeS

http://community.webshots.com/photo/548278080/2138899640062547426MQkWDy

the room is the mirror image.

its the liberty but doesnt mean it will have the same layout on the Freedom -- look at the glory-- same class but these cabins have the bunk bed typ beds.

Would someone please explain to me what is meant by a 1A cabin? Is it a cabin for one person? Is it like a guarantee (that is, you specify which category, but don't know where you'll end up?). If it's for one person, how does the price compare to two people? I travel solo and have, in the past, always paid the rate as if two people were traveling. I just keep seeing this "1A" category mentioned and wonder what it is.

Thanks.

Would someone please explain to me what is meant by a 1A cabin? Is it a cabin for one person? Is it like a guarantee (that is, you specify which category, but don't know where you'll end up?). If it's for one person, how does the price compare to two people? I travel solo and have, in the past, always paid the rate as if two people were traveling. I just keep seeing this "1A" category mentioned and wonder what it is.

Thanks.

Carnival has the 1A and it is the perfect way for a solo to cruise. Mainly its an inside cabin..some have port holes some like what is mentioned here have a huge cabin with 2 very large windows. these cabins are usually located in areas that cruisers dont like and yes these cabins are VERY cheap. Lots of folks take them as guarantees in the hopes of getting a reg inside cabin for a cheaper price.

You still will have to pay the price of two cruise fares and one port/fee buts its theway to go for a lot cheaper.

Archived