Regatta - Entertainment

sammysetra

I've booked a cruise on the MV Regatta from Lisbon to New York. My partner and I are not big on evening entertainment (we've managed 2 transatlantics on the Norwegian Epic without going to any of the shows), however we do thoroughly enjoy sitting on deck enjoying the sun, a beer and listening to a band.

Has anyone taken a longer voyage with Oceania who can let me know what to expect? Our plans are to totally chill :)

Many thanks for your advice.

Oceania is not known for having great entertainment although we've seen a few shows we thoroughly enjoyed. We probably aren't the best people to ask, however, since we are thoroughly classical music people and the shows we enjoyed were with excellent solo performers.

It doesn't sound as if you really need the entertainment, however. They do have a band that plays around the pool area in the afternoon and a string quartet that plays at cocktail hour -- although most of their repertoire is more popular music arranged for string quartet. They DO play some "serious" music however.

Hope this helps.

Mura

To begin with, at over 155000 tons, are you aware that the Norwegian Epic is the size of SIX Regattas?

norwegian_epic__01c.jpg185726.jpg

As a result, there really aren't very many valid comparisons, except that you'll be sharing the ships amenities with 600, not 4000.

You'll find the day AND night-time ambiance to be very relaxed and low key. All of the public rooms are pretty much buttoned up by midnight.

Thanks for all who responded.

I am aware of the difference in size between Epic and Regatta which is why I posed the question in the first place. We are fairly new to cruising and particularly liked the style of the Epic as we had a Courtyard Villa. I've booked an OS for this up-coming cruise as we really enjoy the luxury of relaxing in our room and the layout looks much better than on the Epic (particularly the size of the balcony).

I've done a lot of research and read great things about Oceania, but it is our first cruise on a smaller ship so I am a tiny little bit concerned.......

Sammy

I have not seen a band on the deck except sometimes at sailaway

We did have a deck party one night in Caribbean but other than that the pool deck is pretty quiet except for the piped music

You can do as much or as little as you want

As already stated Oceania is much more low key than other mass market lines

Enjoy

Lyn

We went to the Amazon in April and found the entertainment to be better than we expected. The company now has a team of 4 performers who sing and dance. They put on various themed shows during the cruise. We also had a couple of comics,magician,banjo player, the original love boat singer and one movie night.

We went to the Amazon in April and found the entertainment to be better than we expected. The company now has a team of 4 performers who sing and dance.

They have always had 4 on any of our cruises from 2004 :confused:

I've done a lot of research and read great things about Oceania, but it is our first cruise on a smaller ship so I am a tiny little bit concerned.......

Sammy

Sammy, we felt the same way on our first O cruise in 2009 aboard the Nautica, the nearly identical sister to Regatta. However, we loved the small ship atmosphere so much, I have no desire to go back to the 3-4,000 passenger ships. I was even concerned about moving up to the 1,250 passenger Marina, but she has maintained that uncrowded "small ship" atmosphere of her smaller sisters.

We leave in just under two months on our third O cruise, and we can't wait!

Just go and have fun! Enjoy your cruise!

I am aware of the difference in size between Epic and Regatta which is why I posed the question in the first place. We are fairly new to cruising and particularly liked the style of the Epic as we had a Courtyard Villa. I've booked an OS for this up-coming cruise as we really enjoy the luxury of relaxing in our room and the layout looks much better than on the Epic (particularly the size of the balcony).

Sammy

We recently enjoyed our 1st cruise on Oceania on the Regatta. It was wonderful. We will never go back to large ship cruising. No crowds, lines, everything you want to do is just a short way away, but there is plenty of space to walk around. The pool area is lovely, as are the dining rooms and public areas. My only complaint was the smallness of the cabins, balcony and especially the bathroom!

Archived