Cozumel beach question

dayna314

I would like to know if anyone has gone to Ocean Resort beach in cozumel...I will be sailing on Legend 11/6/2011 with 18 other family members. We are looking for a different beach this time around since we have already be on Paradise Beach. I look forward to any information you may have! Thanks

We went there last March when we were on the Legend. Its a nice beach, the drinks were very good and just kept coming, the staff was wonderful, the food was good, not a huge selection but they had very fresh salsa and guac, the chicken was also excellent. If you get the all inclusive you can order any drink off the menu, and the waitstaff really does keep them coming. They have a nice pool, covered area with tables, a couple of those swinging beds, bar with swings, clean bathrooms.

The downside, they didnt have much in the way of things for kids to do (ours were 9 and 11) next door there were some floating toys, and they wanted to use them but werent allowed of course.

I would say if you have all adults, you'll enjoy it, if you have kids, they might be a little bored. It was a nice quiet beach, so if youre looking for that "party" atmosphere it wont be at Ocean Resort.

This year we booked the all inclusive at Mr Sanchos, it was close to the same price, and has more for the kids to do.

Bottom line, we enjoyed the beach, the quiet, the drinks, food and pool, the kids had fun, but were a little bored.

The missus and I went to OBR in February. With the exception of a bit of a problem at the outset regarding which package we'd ordered, everything went fine. When I booked the resort online, I was unaware of a cheaper package that does not include alcohol and therefore bought two all-inclusives (my own fault). When I learned there was a non-alcohol package (I don't drink and my wife rarely does), I called to change to the non-alcoholic package. We did this with no problem. However, when we arrived, the resort manager kept insisting on charging us for the alcoholic package despite my having a reservations form showing that we had changed to the non-alcoholic packages. I finally forced the guy to call the resort manager through whom I'd changed the packages and once this call had been made, we were good.

I can say that once the above was resolved, we had a great time. The food, while a bit short on variety, was delicious. My diet pepsi's were constantly coming, sometimes before I'd even finished the one I had. We got great chairs with an umbrella. The only downside, if you can call it that, was that there was a bit of seaweed in the water and it was kind of rocky. However, we had water socks to counter the rocks so they were no problem. Many people rant about Nochi Cocum, and I'm sure it's good - but it's crowded - everyone goes to Nachi Cocum. At OBR, there were perhaps 20 other guests there and we literally had the beach to ourselves. The staff was friendly and helpful and when it came time to leave, I let our waiter know we needed a cab back to the ship and he had one there literally in about five minutes. We had a great time and would highly recommend OBR.

We were there last January and although it was a good day, we probably would not go back again. As others have mentioned, there's not a lot of variety with the food although what we had was good. We found we could not enter the water directly in front of the resort due to seaweed and it being very rocky but I understand they have since cleaned up the area in front of the resort. No problem as far as drink service and our waiter was excellent.

I believe I read they changed management sometime this past year so things may be different now. Here's a long thread about Ocean Resort

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1288011&highlight=ocean+club+resort

We went there last March when we were on the Legend. Its a nice beach, the drinks were very good and just kept coming, the staff was wonderful, the food was good, not a huge selection but they had very fresh salsa and guac, the chicken was also excellent. If you get the all inclusive you can order any drink off the menu, and the waitstaff really does keep them coming. They have a nice pool, covered area with tables, a couple of those swinging beds, bar with swings, clean bathrooms.

The downside, they didnt have much in the way of things for kids to do (ours were 9 and 11) next door there were some floating toys, and they wanted to use them but werent allowed of course.

I would say if you have all adults, you'll enjoy it, if you have kids, they might be a little bored. It was a nice quiet beach, so if youre looking for that "party" atmosphere it wont be at Ocean Resort.

This year we booked the all inclusive at Mr Sanchos, it was close to the same price, and has more for the kids to do.

Bottom line, we enjoyed the beach, the quiet, the drinks, food and pool, the kids had fun, but were a little bored.

Thanks for the great information! It is very helpful.

The missus and I went to OBR in February. With the exception of a bit of a problem at the outset regarding which package we'd ordered, everything went fine. When I booked the resort online, I was unaware of a cheaper package that does not include alcohol and therefore bought two all-inclusives (my own fault). When I learned there was a non-alcohol package (I don't drink and my wife rarely does), I called to change to the non-alcoholic package. We did this with no problem. However, when we arrived, the resort manager kept insisting on charging us for the alcoholic package despite my having a reservations form showing that we had changed to the non-alcoholic packages. I finally forced the guy to call the resort manager through whom I'd changed the packages and once this call had been made, we were good.

I can say that once the above was resolved, we had a great time. The food, while a bit short on variety, was delicious. My diet pepsi's were constantly coming, sometimes before I'd even finished the one I had. We got great chairs with an umbrella. The only downside, if you can call it that, was that there was a bit of seaweed in the water and it was kind of rocky. However, we had water socks to counter the rocks so they were no problem. Many people rant about Nochi Cocum, and I'm sure it's good - but it's crowded - everyone goes to Nachi Cocum. At OBR, there were perhaps 20 other guests there and we literally had the beach to ourselves. The staff was friendly and helpful and when it came time to leave, I let our waiter know we needed a cab back to the ship and he had one there literally in about five minutes. We had a great time and would highly recommend OBR.

Thank you for you input and information!

We were there last January and although it was a good day, we probably would not go back again. As others have mentioned, there's not a lot of variety with the food although what we had was good. We found we could not enter the water directly in front of the resort due to seaweed and it being very rocky but I understand they have since cleaned up the area in front of the resort. No problem as far as drink service and our waiter was excellent.

I believe I read they changed management sometime this past year so things may be different now. Here's a long thread about Ocean Resort

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1288011&highlight=ocean+club+resort

Thank you for the information I really appreciate it!

Archived