Questions about B2B and porthole interior rooms

kvlivin4jc

My hubby and I are considering going on a B2B on Carnival Liberty at the end of Nov and beginning of Dec 2012. We liked this because the price is great and on the first part of the trip they have a porthole interior and the second half they have an interior across the hall. We wouldn't have to change ships and we can just move across the hall! We also like the idea of cruising the Liberty because of all the 2.0 changes that we will be able to experience. The first cruise would be all new ports for us and the second is the exact itinerary that we had in May when we cruised on Glory for our honeymoon. We're ok with going back to the same ports. My biggest concern is that all the shows, comedians, etc would just be a repeat of the first 7 day cruise. I know that on the Glory, we never got around to doing everything we possibly could have. So, I'm thinking that if the shows are the same, maybe we can plan it out so we can do other things and just split it up over the 2 cruises. We just really enjoyed relaxing and watching the shows on the Glory so I'm sure we're going to want to do the same and don't want to be bored or disappointed if the shows are the same. If we know prior to cruising, we could maybe split up the shows so we can enjoy some on each cruise. Does anyone know if the shows would change at all or are they likely going to be the same in a 2 week period? The itineraries are totally different, so I wasn't sure if that had anything to do with the entertainment schedule.

Also, I am so excited that the porthole interior is still available but am just curious if there are any cons to these rooms? For the same price, a lot of the regular interiors are already booked but all 4 of the Forward porthole rooms are available...just wondering why someone would book the interior versus the porthole if it's available? It would be on the Riviera deck...is there more noise or can the ship be felt more in those rooms? The rooms we were thinking about booking were 1221 and 1223. Anyone ever stayed in these rooms?

Thanks for any help! :)

-Kristen

The shows will most likely be the same on both cruises.

Regarding the porthole rooms, the main reason why people don't book them is that most people don't know about them. My friends that got me into cruising have been on 5 cruises, and they still knew nothing of them. I told them all about them as we were planning our cruise for next year, and they were so impressed by it, that we booked 3 porthole rooms for 6 of us (as opposed to 2 regular interiors, with 3 in each room). I didn't know of these types of rooms until I started looking into booking my 6th cruise. 2 of our porthole rooms are 1A portholes, since 2 of the rooms are friends and not couples. In a 1A porthole room, the beds don't push together, but in a "Porthole" room (category PT), they do. Some couples are afraid they'll get one of the porthole rooms where the beds don't push together. They don't realize that if they choose "Porthole" (PT) and not "Upper/Lower" (1A), they will definitely get the beds that push together. There are many of these kind of unique rooms on Carnival that most people don't know about. Those of us that do, it's a win for us. The downside is that porthole rooms will feel more motion than rooms that are midship. So they are not good for people with motion sickness issues.

One thing to look out for when booking a porthole-I learned this after I made a reservation for 2 porthole cabins-if you are only 2 people and you book one that holds up to 4, there is a chance you could be moved out of it and put in an interior cabin if they can sell it to a large group,3-4 people. The reason I am told another interior cabin is because it is sold in that category. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

Personally, if I got a porthole, I would stay in it for the entire B/B.

Have fun!

As some of the previous posters mentioned, the shows will most likely remain the same-I was on the Miracle 3 times, a year or so apart, and the shows were the same. (1st 2 times seeing them was great, but the 3rd time, let's jusy say, not so great...)

If you book a 1A with Port Holes, the cabin will be 185 sq feet, where as an interior PT cabin will be 220 sq feet-just something to consider. Enjoy your cruises....:cool:

We are also doing a B2B on the Liberty. One of the things I am looking forward to is that we don't have to rush around and try to do and see everything in one week. We can (hopefully) do it all over 2 weeks and also have some time to just chill out!

I love the 1A porthole cabins and try to book them esp when traveling solo (you can see some pics in my Valor review - see link below).

And yes while the shows will most likely be the same they do take on entertainers in some of the ports so some of the other stuff and perhaps the comedians may be different - but as mentioned no need to see everything the 1st time around - spread it out over two weeks! :D

If you book a 1A with Port Holes, the cabin will be 185 sq feet, where as an interior PT cabin will be 220 sq feet-just something to consider. Enjoy your cruises....:cool:

Not on Liberty, the 1As are about 10 s.f. smaller, almost 220 s.f. .. dont believe everything you read.

2217 is right next to the PT, and you can see on the deck plans it is just about identical in size.

Not to hijack this thread :) I am a little confused on categories - Is 1A the only category below PT? All the rest are above PT? (For Easy Saver Reference)

We have a R1 PT on the Paradise in January and are very excited.

IS is lower too, the inside gty .. problem to price match to inside gtys because its a downgrade.

Archived