Port Everglades-problems getting a taxi to the ship?

chr3000

We are leaving on the Grand Princess November 26 after a one night stay in Fort Lauderdale. There are eight ships in and out that day:eek:. I have never sailed out of Port Everglades. I am concerned that getting a taxi to go to the ship may be an issue with that many large ships in port at once.

Has anyone had to deal with this? Was it an issue?

We are staying at the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six and I don't think they provide service to the ports.

Here is the list of ships for that day.

Carnival Miracle

Crown Princess

Eurodam

Grand Princess

Liberty of the Seas

MSC Poesia

Navigator of the Seas

Oasis of the Seas

I wouldn't worry too much, especially staying at a hotel (and one so close to the port). Ft. Lauderdale has TONS of taxis, and hotel bellmen are usually very effective at being able to hail cabs for guests.

We've sailed in and out of Port Everglades many, many times when there were several ships in port and have never had a problem. You might want to leave yourself a few extra minutes just in case, but I doubt you'll have much of a problem.

Best of luck, and enjoy your cruise!

We are leaving on the Grand Princess November 26 after a one night stay in Fort Lauderdale. There are eight ships in and out that day:eek:. I have never sailed out of Port Everglades. I am concerned that getting a taxi to go to the ship may be an issue with that many large ships in port at once.

Has anyone had to deal with this? Was it an issue?

We are staying at the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six and I don't think they provide service to the ports.

Here is the list of ships for that day.

Carnival Miracle

Crown Princess

Eurodam

Grand Princess

Liberty of the Seas

MSC Poesia

Navigator of the Seas

Oasis of the Seas

The Grand's pier you will be able to see right from the hotel since it is parked right near the 17th street bridge. Basically the cab ride would be going over the bridge making a left into the pier, going through security and then making another left to the ship. This of course is if it is in the normal spot at the pier. We will be getting off the ship the day you get on. Might just suggest if you are worried give your self some extra time but there are plenty of cabs around and if when you go from the airport to the hotel get the number of the cab driver. Alot of them, will come get you the next day.

The Grand's pier you will be able to see right from the hotel since it is parked right near the 17th street bridge. Basically the cab ride would be going over the bridge making a left into the pier, going through security and then making another left to the ship. This of course is if it is in the normal spot at the pier. We will be getting off the ship the day you get on. Might just suggest if you are worried give your self some extra time but there are plenty of cabs around and if when you go from the airport to the hotel get the number of the cab driver. Alot of them, will come get you the next day.

There's really no guarantee that the Grand will be at pier 2, since the Crown, the larger ship, will also be in port that day.

Archived