Cheapair.com?

Geebee8

Has anyone ever booked through cheapair.com? They have the same flights we were going to book through AirTran for about $100 less (for 4 of us) and never used that site before. Just don't want to get duped from an internet site but $100 is a lot of DOD!!!

Has anyone ever booked through cheapair.com? They have the same flights we were going to book through AirTran for about $100 less (for 4 of us) and never used that site before. Just don't want to get duped from an internet site but $100 is a lot of DOD!!!

I constantly monitor all sites for Air Travel. They all seem to be the same pricewise. Be sure everything matches your itinerary (i.e. flight times, flight duration, non-stop, taxes/fees, baggage, etc . Read the fine print to see if everything is included. If everything is identical then it's probably a good deal.

I have found, through research, that the best price is through the airline itself. Haven't yet figured out how the middleman can sell you a flight cheaper than the airline itself. Just my thoughts.

I constantly monitor all sites for Air Travel. They all seem to be the same pricewise. Be sure everything matches your itinerary (i.e. flight times, flight duration, non-stop, taxes/fees, baggage, etc . Read the fine print to see if everything is included. If everything is identical then it's probably a good deal.

I have found, through research, that the best price is through the airline itself. Haven't yet figured out how the middleman can sell you a flight cheaper than the airline itself. Just my thoughts.

That's what we've found too. Beware of "booking fees" in the fine print.

ALERT....you are likely NOT buying the same travel product when you purchase through non-airline sources.

Although the flights might be the same, your ticket may be considerably different. Fare rules and other features may be significantly restricted compared to a ticket purchased directly from an airline. Unless you can see the fare rules and compare them to airline provided rules, you don't know if you have the same ticket. Just because it's the same flight doesn't mean you have apples to apples.

In standard situations, your ticket will operate just like a regular ticket from an airline. However, when stuff starts to hit the fan, you may very well find out that your ticket is not treated the same as one bought directly. You may also not be able to do any changes once ticketed.

A possible comparison is buying a "gray market" camera with an overseas warranty. You get a better price. Seems like a deal. All is the same if it works. But when a problem arises you'll find that you don't have the same USA camera that you thought you had.

Do some searches here in Cruise Air on "consolidator". You can find many detailed posts explaining the differences.

Ultimately, you have to decide if you wish to save cash for assuming a risk in case of irops. That's your own risk-tolerance assessment. Personally, I would rarely use a consolidator ticket to travel to a time-critical event such as a cruise departure. YMMV.

Did you read the fine print??

There is a $26.00 PER PERSON booking fee for tickets. "On all airfare purchased. CheapOair charges a booking service fee of $26* per person on all passenger types tickets on both domestic and international travel".

The tickets are primarily consolidator tickets. Look through this forum for consolidator or read the sticky at the top of the page for Cruise Air and Air Deviation.

If this is a two airline itinerary, it MAY be a TWO TICKET itinerary resulting in you having to collect your luggage and recheck it at another airline.

Want to cancel your CheapoAir ticket? You OWE THEM $50 per ticket. "A cancellation fee of $50 per person per ticket must be paid to us at the time of canceling the booking. We retain this fee." They have your credit card number, so don't think you can just cancel and be done with it.

This is one of the worst of the worst discount travel agents out there. STAY AWAY!!!

Just an afterthought. We booked thru Airtran online for our next cruise and it was actully cheaper than phone calling Airtran direct. Don't know why.

That's true for a number of airlines. The reason is that it's a lot cheaper to let a computer book a ticket than to have to pay a real live person to answer the phone and do so.

Thanks for all of the help!! We decided to book directly through AirTran as there were too many "what ifs" so decided to be safe rather than sorry. Our luck something would happen and we'd be stranded in Florida on the way home or something like that!

Did you read the fine print??

There is a $26.00 PER PERSON booking fee for tickets. "On all airfare purchased. CheapOair charges a booking service fee of $26* per person on all passenger types tickets on both domestic and international travel".

The tickets are primarily consolidator tickets. Look through this forum for consolidator or read the sticky at the top of the page for Cruise Air and Air Deviation.

If this is a two airline itinerary, it MAY be a TWO TICKET itinerary resulting in you having to collect your luggage and recheck it at another airline.

Want to cancel your CheapoAir ticket? You OWE THEM $50 per ticket. "A cancellation fee of $50 per person per ticket must be paid to us at the time of canceling the booking. We retain this fee." They have your credit card number, so don't think you can just cancel and be done with it.

This is one of the worst of the worst discount travel agents out there. STAY AWAY!!!

They completely had the wrong name on my husband's ticket because the form did not have a place for Junior (which is on his passport so must be on the ticket) and in addition they left off the last name. The ticket could not be used. It was one of 3 tickets purchased together. Cheapo demanded $150 change fee ($50 for each of 3 people in the group).

Nightmare!!! Run!!!! do not think you can get a good deal with these folks. They do enough volume that some folks say they are just fine -- well until it is a disaster! Then suddenly you are talking to "Peggy" in India and they don't speak the English and they really don't care about ANY problem.

Archived