Dining question Jewel of the Seas

brenbrady

Hi we have booked the repositioning cruise from Boston to Tampa on Jewel of the Seas, October 2012. My question is we requested early dining and have been informed we are wait listed. What are our chances of getting early dining and if not what are our options, as some in our group (10) can not do late seating.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. I couldn't believe early dining is booked that far ahead.

Hi we have booked the repositioning cruise from Boston to Tampa on Jewel of the Seas, October 2012. My question is we requested early dining and have been informed we are wait listed. What are our chances of getting early dining and if not what are our options, as some in our group (10) can not do late seating.

Your chances are extremely good for early seating at this date. Make sure that everyone in your group is waitlisted for early seating. Even if you have to wait until final payment, people change their minds and decide not to go on the cruise or change for a diffferent time.

You also could switch to my time dining and request the earliest time for every night.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. I couldn't believe early dining is booked that far ahead.

Traditional dining is still quite popular on RCI and the annual repositioning cruise is extremely popular and comes close to selling out almost as soon as the books open. Having said that, I believe that once you board the ship, it should be possible to go to the maitre'd and be seated at early seating without. It is even possible that you will clear the wait list before the sailing date. If neither happens, you can select My Time Dining and go to dinner as early as 5:30 or as late as 9:30 or anytime in between. If your group has a specific time in mind, you may want to make a reservation for that time for each evening of the cruise. If you aren't wedded to all eating together, you can each go to the MTD section of the dining room at whatever times best suit your schedules. With a group of 10 it is probably best to reserve a specific time but if you should just show up without reservations, you should not experience a lengthy wait. You certainly won't find beepers being handed out as happens on some lines that have a flexible dining program that often entails long waits to be seated.

We will be sailing on this year's repo as well as the 2012 cruise and have become strong enthusiasts for My Time Dining.

Archived