Cabin Assignment & Room Steward

overinvester

Could I get some feedback from all of you as to your thoughts of a cabin assignment and the competence of the room stewards. What I mean is that we have a cabin assignment on the Oosterdam next week to Hawaii and have a Superior Veranda booked, Mid Ship, 8th deck. Would we more likley have a better seasoned steward, than say if we booked a lesser expensive cabin?

I know that all are good in what they do and there are some bad apples, but I am courious as to how HAL may assign their employees.

All input is appreciated.

Overinvester:D

I have no idea what criteria HAL uses when making duty assignments. But I do know that I book foul-ball cabins (low & inside), and I have always been please with my stewards.

Within that "pleased" some have been more outgoing than others. Some are better at anticipating need, and meeting it. A rare few have needed reminders after asking for something.

But all have at least done the job acceptably.

I have read here that the best are assigned to the SA suites but I don't think that's the truth. The worst I've had was in a SA and the best was in the SS category. They may have more experience but I'm sure there are good & bad in all categories

I have no idea how they decide where to assign the stewards, if there is any special criteria but I am very sure we've had really, really good stewards for as far back as I can remember. In all our cruises, we may have had one or two stewards who I would describe as needing a bit more training or experience. The overwhelming majority take such good care of us, they are a delight. We always appreciate how hard they work to make our cabin as comfy as possible.

Interesting. My dh and I were having this discussion the other day. We assumed the better attendants would be higher up, just because they have larger cabins to tend. Who knows? It is interesting, though!

Archived