Taking food into port?

disneygirl2, You have a very good question. How can so many people bring chocolate bars for Sally and raviloi and spaghetti for Paradise Tom. They must have a least 1 or 2 people bringing then food a week acoording to the Cozumel boards. When we went to Grand Cayman in January, we booked a catamaran with Capt. Bryan. In our confirmation letter he said to bring a snack. We brought several items like cookies and yogurt with us. We knew we couldn't bring fruits and meats, but didn't think you couldn't bring packaged food.

Teri

Thank you for getting back to me Teri. I agree with many of the posters that you want to enjoy the local foods, etc. With one of the excursions, we are going to the Costa Maya beach party and on the other threads, people say that the lunch is not very filling, and as I mentioned, I am not certain what or if our son will eat the local food. He is after all, only 4. So we thought we would take in a snack from the ship with us so he could eat something until we get back on board for dinner. I would have thought that anything fresh would be a no-no, but never considered a prepackaged food a problem. I guess we will see when we go.

Cheryl

I thought it was okay to take pre-packaged foods also. When we stayed on St. Martin for a week, we knew the food was expensive so we packed boxes of cereal, cool-aid, tuna, etc. in our suitcases. Don't know if our suitcases were searched going into the country but everything made it through.

ALso, when we have come through customs back into the US, we have been asked if we had any fruit or vegetables or been around any livestock, nothing else. They have never asked us about any other kind of food items. I have also never seen any other kind of food items sitting near customs besides pieces of fruit.

I agree, maybe it is best to not take in anything at all unless you are unsure.

disneygirl2,

If I had a little one I would certainly take pre-packaged food with me.We took my Niece and Nephew to Nassau last year and booked a room at Atlantis so we could use the pools. We took juice boxes, small bags of chips, and cans of vienna sausages with us. We had no problems. After we swam and played we went to the room and showered and ate our lunch in the room. I would not hesitate to take juice boxes and unopened chips or snacks with me. Just don't carry fruit or deli meat off the Ship and you should be fine.

Teri

Archived