Independence to sail from Port Everglades 2012-2013

Is the demand from S'ton really that high over the winter months, it's such a long cruise before you get anywhere warm, and the Bay of Biscay can be terrible

My husband and I are booked on the Indy for 18 nights Med cruise leaving Southampton on 11th Nov and she seems to be heavily booked. We did Canaries last year on Indy in December also out of Southampton and she was pretty full.

Once you get across the Bay of Biscay the weather warms up. You do need the covered Solarium for the first few days though, It would be good if Brilliance returned.

Problem is, I think they will keep the first sunshine for FLL, but the second one hopefully will be based in the UK. It would be a good idea to bring Jewel back in the winter, as she sails out of Harwich until September this year. Plus, the Radiance class has the covered solarium.

I just wish they would tell us more about the sunshine class!

RCI has a history of starting their ships out in Florida..so a good bet the new ship of the "Sunshine Project" will too...:)

And 8 nights on an awesome ship makes it even more worth the trip.

LOL You are so right....and I sure hope we enjoy the Adventure in february!!!! Got to get caught up on the boards over there as well. Our daughter leaves early in the morning for Tacoma Washington as her honey will be coming home next week from deployment. wedding plans are done so I will have some time to catch up.

I know you're a big fan of INDY as well but what do you think of St Kitts rather than St Thomas on the 8 nighter ?

I haven't been to St Kitts yet in all of my cruises however....I love St Marten far better....just love that island so I am thrilled the Indy is going there instead. I get to check out st kitts soon tho...so that will be great.

I haven't been to St Kitts yet in all of my cruises however....I love St Marten far better....just love that island so I am thrilled the Indy is going there instead. I get to check out st kitts soon tho...so that will be great.

St.Maarten is also my fav island on the eastern itinerary.

I wonder if they will do the upgrades that Liberty got last spring as well. And also which ship will leave Port Everglades.

Royal will have all three Freedom class ships in Florida for winter of 2012-13.Freedom will remain in Port Canaveral, Liberty and Independence will sail from Port Everglades along with the Allure and Oasis. Independence will start off with a 3 day Bahamas and then alternate 8 day eastern and 6 day western Caribbean. Liberty will continue it's current schedule as will.the Allure and Oasis. Freedom will alternate 7 day east west cruises.

I know you're a big fan of INDY as well but what do you think of St Kitts rather than St Thomas on the 8 nighter ?

I never get tired of either St. Thomas or St. Maarten. But if I had to give up one of the two it would be St. Thomas. Loosing St. Maarten might be a deal breaker for me. I love it there and always look forward to a return.

I have never been to St. Kitts and have always wanted to see the island. I guess giving up one of the two "big" port islands is the trade off. I was thinking about booking Navigator's 8 nighter in order to see it. But Navigator's 8 nighter is the same as what Indy's 8 nighter will be next year which I am almost positive that I will book. Now I am thinking that I might book Allure for this winter and Indy next year. If I were to do Navigator this year and Indy next then it would mean not getting back to St. Thomas two years in a row and if it turns out that St. Kitts is not all that appealing I am not sure that I would want to go there two years in a row.

Indy's return as thrown me into a turmoil about this years cruise!:eek:

I am so excited about this! We will be on the Jan 2013 cruise. I love the 8 night cruise. Nothing is better than the Virgin Islands and Haiti.

Well, first of all there is no Virgin Island on the 8 night itinerary with the loss of St. Thomas. Have you ever sailed a southern Caribbean itinerary? You might change your mind about nothing being better. The southern islands are awesome.

Just took a little peak at the RCCL site. Prices are showing a bit high still, but I'd be betting that they drop after Christmas.

Going to keep an eye on it, that 8 nighter might be the Jan 2013 run for me.

Exactly what I was pricing out and agree-a bit steep on the price at this time. It would have to come down a bit more or I'll just stay with my first choice, Brilliance out of PR. I'm going to keep checking because this is a really nice team of ship and itinerary!!

Sooo....... what will be replacing her from Southampton? If any!!

Hi ya!, hope your both keeping well !...

We are both gutted over the news as we love Indy sailing from Southampton during the winter months, I hope they replace her with another ship, doubt they will :mad:....

Mark & Dave x

It wont be replaced. There will simply be no big RCI ships from Southampton for the winter months!..

As for Oasis.. She doesn't fit in the Southampton turning circle.. hence why she just popped into the Solent and dropped a tender or two when they were making crew changes for her initial voyage.

Hi ya!, hope your both keeping well !...

We are both gutted over the news as we love Indy sailing from Southampton during the winter months, I hope they replace her with another ship, doubt they will :mad:....

Mark & Dave x

Hi you guys - yes, we are fine. We feel the same as you!!

Next year we shall have to fly to Spain, instead of cruising and disembarking in Gibraltar!! But NCL have the Jade going from Malaga to the Canaries during this winter - we are booked on 25th February. Join us!! Mind you, we have never been on NCL - something new and exciting, I hope.:D:D

Hi you guys - yes, we are fine. We feel the same as you!!

Next year we shall have to fly to Spain, instead of cruising and disembarking in Gibraltar!! But NCL have the Jade going from Malaga to the Canaries during this winter - we are booked on 25th February. Join us!! Mind you, we have never been on NCL - something new and exciting, I hope.:D:D

Having done Indy with you last Dec and then NCL a few months later, the ents are better on Indy but I did like the freestyle on NCL.. No tuxes, no suits, (half the luggage) and no fixed dinner times so I could mix and match with ents, one night eating early, one night eating late..

Admittedly standing out on the deck for Muster drill in sub zero temps I could see how some people would be put off..

5330363624_b353ee53fe_b.jpg

197 by single_cruiser, on Flickr

Thank you for the reminder of why I love the Caribbean.:eek:;):D

I noticed that you have sailed on Ocean Villiage. We were on a cruise on Adventure when the two ships were together in St. Maarten. Ocean Villiage had such an awesome sail-a-way party. The people on the two ships got along together so well and the two captains had a ship's horn blowing fest. It was the most memorable sail-a-way that I have ever been a part of.

Thank you for the reminder of why I love the Caribbean.:eek:;):D

I noticed that you have sailed on Ocean Villiage. We were on a cruise on Adventure when the two ships were together in St. Maarten. Ocean Villiage had such an awesome sail-a-way party. The people on the two ships got along together so well and the two captains had a ship's horn blowing fest. It was the most memorable sail-a-way that I have ever been a part of.

The sailaways were always that good on Ocean Village. Normally if close we would try a sing-song getting those on the ship opposite to Join in! ;).

One we got the people on their balconies on the other ship doing YMCA movements!

I liked Indys 80s and 60s nights on the promenade as that reminded me a bit of the fun when all the passengers join in! :D

Archived