Normandie Question

cruzaddict

It's me again.....now that my cruise is almost here....I'm thinking of some last minute questions!

Is it wise to make reservations for the Normandie restaurant as soon as I get on the Summit....does it book up pretty quickly! Thanks!

We dined three times on the Normandie on last week's cruise and didn't have any problems getting a reservation, but it's always a good idea to have your reservations early. Our head waiter in the Normandie told us that there's going to be a big wedding where the reception is going to be held in that restaurant, coming up on the next cruise itinerary, so it will be closed for that night because there will be over 75 guests in the dining room.

If you are a Captain's Club member, you can book your reservation for the Normandie online. Otherwise, as soon as you board get down there. We requested a table for 2 by the window and we got it. It was not very crowded when we went.

Be prepared for a very long meal. It was scruptious but very rich. I skipped the cheese course as I was saving room for my chocolate mousse, but my husband had it with some port they recommended and he said it was to die for. The portions will be bigger than the regular dining room.

Great,thanks everyone.We'll be sure to make our reservation as soon as we get on the ship. I heard it's very good.

Kitty 9- You must have really liked it if you dined there 3 times! Wow! I can't wait!

On our Summit cruise last May, our T/A advised us to make a reservation for a night that was NOT a formal night. We chose the third night and the room was not crowded. The waiters seemed to be a bit more relaxed- heard the "formal" nights can be very crowded. If you know what night you'd like to go, I recommend calling Captain's Club before sailing to reserve the night you want and possibly the kind of table you'd like.

Rob

Archived