One Empty Cruise (Roll Call)!

Captain Carnival

I'm quite sure that a few thousand other people are sailing with you but 'believe it or not' not everyone who cruises is on CC.

If you are the only one on board just think of all the personal attention you will receive and all the food for you only.

My experience has been the short cruise roll calls are very quiet to non existent compared to long cruises. You'll be sailing with a full ship though. Have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

We did a four nighter a few weeks back....pretty sure no one ever even started a roll call.

Make no mistake about I know that the ship will in all probability sail full, however a 5-night cruise is a mere 2-days shy of a "week long" cruise so you would think that there may have been a little bit more activity on the roll call page. :confused:

It's always hit or miss, even with the 7+ nighters. Often it just ends up being a few folks that are just talking back and forth about their everyday lives leading up to the cruise date. Some roll calls are awesome and huge. Pretty hit or miss.

I'm quite sure that a few thousand other people are sailing with you but 'believe it or not' not everyone who cruises is on CC.

If you are the only one on board just think of all the personal attention you will receive and all the food for you only.

Maybe but you'd be asked 500 times a day if you want a DOD or a bingo ticket. :eek:

My experience has been the short cruise roll calls are very quiet to non existent compared to long cruises. You'll be sailing with a full ship though. Have a great cruise.
So it seems.

I can't stand it when roll calls become "a day in my life". UGH! Did you look really good for the date--maybe another post?

Ya. I really don't bother with rollcalls anymore. I'm not inerested in "Well I turned by ankle at the market today, so sad right now:(".

I personally think that the European cruises have a more active roll call since we need to hook up with others for airport-hotel-ship transfers and private tours. More people seem to post there as well for recommendations on European travel than, say a 5 day cruise to Cozumel. We have made some reallly good friends on the larger roll calls and have kept in touch with several of those people and friends we have met as dinner partners.

I like getting involved with a talkative Roll Call. I also posted a thread earlier in the month about my Roll Call being

*****DEAD AS A DOOR NAIL******

After that post, a few poor souls joined in, which made me:D:D.

I just like chatting it up and getting to pass the time with someone that is going to be on the same cruise as me.

Also, I like to pass along helpful info such as price drops and Mastercard OBC tid bits.

For some, it just may not be their cup of tea....

I personally think that the European cruises have a more active roll call since we need to hook up with others for airport-hotel-ship transfers and private tours. More people seem to post there as well for recommendations on European travel than, say a 5 day cruise to Cozumel. We have made some reallly good friends on the larger roll calls and have kept in touch with several of those people and friends we have met as dinner partners.

Absolutely! We arranged 3 land tours and a shuttle bus to the airport from the roll call for our Med cruise.

Thank goodness for CC roll calls. :)

Our upcoming 5 day cruise has a very inactive roll call. Makes sense.

BTW, the Med cruise was on RCI and they were amazing. The Meet and Greet arranged for us was incredible.

Gifties, food, entertainment were all arranged for us on the ship. John Heald may not hate CC but Carnival doesn't love us either.:D

no lines at the mongolian grill

Only on the port days.. I was on her a yr ago and could never get close to the grille due to the long lines. At the first port I was able to get all I wanted without waiting.

Carnival Inspiration - 11/5/11, is no one else sailing? http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1442040

Did it ever occur to you that it might be you they don't want to associate with?:D

Paparazzi could be following you all the time or you could be some foreign dignitary or something.:)

Personally I would be scared of you by your screen name ShotoJuku..:)

All kidding aside, short cruises have less interest,and even if youdid have a few responders,my experience has been less than half even show up for a meet.

Archived