Back to Back on the ALLURE

hairone

We are going on a back to back cruise on the ALLURE but we have 2 different cabin rooms, for the 1st week we are on deck 8 & the 2nd week on deck11, what do we do with our luggage after week 1,?? pack it all up take it off with us & then get back the ship????

George & Liz

We are going on a back to back cruise on the ALLURE but we have 2 different cabin rooms, for the 1st week we are on deck 8 & the 2nd week on deck11, what do we do with our luggage after week 1,?? pack it all up take it off with us & then get back the ship????

George & Liz

You take everything not in the closet and throw it into your suitcases. Your cabin steward will move the suitcases and all the hanging stuff to your new cabin while you do the turnaround through the terminal.

Do you have to ask? I have done B2Bs 3 times and so far no cabin stewards have volunteered to help and they knew I was changing cabins.

Do you have to tip in advance to get help?

It should be completely automatic. Your experience puzzles me.

It should be completely automatic. Your experience puzzles me.

I admit it was the last year SOV was sailing last time I did it on RCL. I didnt want to go all the way to florida for less than 7 days, so booked the 2nd leg later.

steward did not offer to help and I asked him about the letter, which he got with instructions. maybe I should have chatted him up more. Maybe it was because of the ship I couldnt get help. I asked someone and they said it was my fault for not giving him $20 and asking more pointedly. I didnt know I had to ask.

Last year in December we did a b2b on the Allure and changed cabins too. We had exactly the same experience as previously posted. Pack up everything except the closet hanging items and the cabin stewards do all of the work for you while you follow the directions of a staff member ( usually the Guest Relations Manager or Assistant) to get off the ship and reboard before the new passengers come on.

Just remember not to put your suitcases in the hall the night before.

Each time we have had to change cabins we go and introduce ourselves to the new cabin steward so he knows ahead of time we are b2b's and that way he gets that room done as quickly as possible.

It has run very smoothly for us each time we have done this. So no worries.

Oh and no we did not tip extra for the b2b change of cabins.

I probably just didnt know better, so packed up my stuff and actually brought it out to the pursers desk where we meet to do the walk to get new cards. the pursers desk said they would store it until I got back on the ship which they did.

I tried asking the pursers desk ahead of time and just didnt know to ask the cabin steward.

I probably just didnt know better, so packed up my stuff and actually brought it out to the pursers desk where we meet to do the walk to get new cards. the pursers desk said they would store it until I got back on the ship which they did.

I tried asking the pursers desk ahead of time and just didnt know to ask the cabin steward.

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience. Our experience, and we have had our share of B2B where we have had to change cabins between cruise #1 and #2, and normally we will meet our new cabin steward a day or two ahead of the change, and also the cabin supervisor will make sure that what we have asked for on our first leg will be attended to on our second leg.

We have never had a problem. We pack everything out of shelves into our suitcases, and are moved before we show up at the GSM's area to be transported to the terminal with the rest of the B2B group.

Rick

Another question: We have never done a B2B...But noticed when we were onboard Allure 3 weeks ago when checking to see where our table was in the Dining Room the minute we stepped onboard the first day.

There was a large group in the Dining Room already eating lunch, learned from asking one of the crew standing infront of the Dining Room Doors that was all the B2B cruisers.

Just curious about that lunch they were served, was anything served special to them for lunch that they don't normally have and if there is any other special things that are done that 1st day for B2B people?

Jimbo:)

Another question: We have never done a B2B...But noticed when we were onboard Allure 3 weeks ago when checking to see where our table was in the Dining Room the minute we stepped onboard the first day.

There was a large group in the Dining Room already eating lunch, learned from asking one of the crew standing infront of the Dining Room Doors that was all the B2B cruisers.

Just curious about that lunch they were served, was anything served special to them for lunch that they don't normally have and if there is any other special things that are done that 1st day for B2B people?

On my August Allure B2B, we were treated to lunch in Giovanni's Table. :D

On our B2B I think that it was steak and lobster but we did not go.

Do you have to ask? I have done B2Bs 3 times and so far no cabin stewards have volunteered to help and they knew I was changing cabins.

Do you have to tip in advance to get help?

Have done multiple B2B'S and have never encountered your issue???? That being said we always have the same stateroom now when doing B2B's.

Archived