Young Adults?

The Frankies

Hi... we are considering Seabourn for a cruise next Summer but cannot seem to find in the brochure, any references to young adults. The majority of our kids are now mid 20's but the youngest will still be a minor at only 17... Do they allow this age group on board???

Hi... we are considering Seabourn for a cruise next Summer but cannot seem to find in the brochure, any references to young adults. The majority of our kids are now mid 20's but the youngest will still be a minor at only 17... Do they allow this age group on board???

I am sure they may well do and we are on our first Seabourn next week, BUT and it's a BIG but if Seabourn is anything like Silversea (our only experience of a similar line), I wouldn't advise taking young adults and certainly not a teenager - there are no special facilities for younger people and they would be bored, bored, bored! On our cruise last year, the daughter of one couple we met (like us in their 50's) and she was mid-20's and was by far the youngest on the ship and thought it was full of old fogies - mind you when I was 20, I thought 40 was ancient! LOL! So choose Seabourn for yourselves but maybe not with the "kids"!:)

I am sure you will get lots of responses like this.

I have been on many cruises with teens and young adults. Particularly in the summer, the port intensive itineraries are interesting to all ages. It is true that there are no specific activities for teens, nor a special room with games, videos, etc. However, if your teen is somewhat self-determined, there are in-suite movies and room service pizza, burgers, fries and popcorn. The evening entertainment might be interesting, but it is low key. I suspect that on a summer cruise, there might be others in the same age group.

If there are sea days, the Trivia games are great for the young adults to bridge the gap in our age differences and pop culture. I say go for it, making memories with your family is very important.

My last two Seabourn trips where with young adults. Both were on port intensive (a lot of physical activity like hiking), in the summer and on the larger ships. I think it all depends on your children's expectations for their vacation and their personalities. Mine (14-27) had a wonderful time. So much so that my youngest (14) asked when we could return to the Seabourn upon debarkation.

I really think you need to look at your children and see what kind of travelers they are and make your decision based on that. The big plus is the younger folk were a great help for the Trivia contests .

Yes, certainly 3 times more space ~~also the larger swimming pool would be an attraction, the Pizza Station, the Sports Deck (10) several more jacuzzi's ~more Assn. CD's to help plan activities. And I think the larger ships are more casual (dress) which young adults would enjoy.

I would never consider inviting my young adult Grandkids on the small Seabourn Yachts but they would enjoy the larger vessels.

MB

Thanks for all the replies thus far.... The 'Kids' cruised some years ago with Princess but never bothered with the evening entertainment, cinema, disco or young peoples clubs. They love good food and wine (hence considering Seabourn in the first place) are happy relaxing round the pool, having a treatment or two in the spa, playing a deck game etc., They are not really pub and club kind of guys... We were thinking something around 7-10 days with lots of ports we haven't done before on one of the new ships, so I think they will be just fine. As siblings and their partners, they get on very well and will ultimately make their own entertainment whilst being respectful of others... The main question really was about being able to take son of 17 on board and that doesn't seem to be a no no here... Best look at the brochure in more detail now!

Thanks again guys

Unfortunately the "Triplet Boy's" grew up!:eek: Fine young college men now ~ two in Texas A & M (one currently studying Spanish in Costa Rica) the other graduated Cord de 'Blu cooking school in Austin. Like Texans, they are over 6 ft. tall!

Just today I was thinking when they were 3 yrs old their Mother dressed them as Dalmantion Pups for Halloween ~(she even spotted their 'lit faces) then placed them on her baby grand piano and took pictures ~~priceless!

Thank you for asking of them:p

Martita B.

We took 3 of them on an Athens/Istanbul trip in August and they still rave about it. Actually, it was perfect. The kids were up and off the ship at every port. DW and I caught up with them after a civilized lunch aboard and it worked out very nicely. The kids really loved the contrast between wandering around all day and then coming back to absolutely wonderful evenings.

I was surprised but the kids enjoyed the other passengers and mingled very freely.

If you have been on SB before, don't forget to refer the younglings.

Davis

Archived