If tips are so important, include them in the cost of the cruise

mk695

They just increased the auto tips.....it was very clear

It's ABSOLUTELY NOT CLEAR. The majority of people do not read fine print. They do not read this forum. They do not get involved in Carnival news.

The only think they look at is the price that is being advertised and then decide to book or not. It's only after this do they then realize after they are emotionally hooked that it's higher than it once was.

They may not even realize which is worse.

This is about protecting the consumer.

Yes that will win the consumers over:rolleyes:

So, what the reverse is to hide stuff from consumers - so they can feel like they are paying less but get it in the end anyway?

The cost is what it is -- LETS advertise and market the real cost.

We need to stop the crooks like Carnival and most business people from fleecing the consumer from their money.

They just increased the auto tips.....it was very clear

And this can be removed if it is that big of a deal :rolleyes:

oftlog (not sure what that means) but a price increase is a price increase. You pay $xx more for your cabin now, not the $xx - $100 your neighbour paid 3 months ago.

Gratuities are optional and can be reduced if you see fit. What can be reduced does not equal a fixed cost increase.

Actually it is not, none of this money goes to Carnival Cruise Lines. You will notice the 2.0 price increases in the months to come.

You still have control over this expenditure. Decide how much work you want to do to save the $1.50 pp pd and decide if it is worth it.

It is irrelevant who the money goes to. If it costs you then it is an actual cost to you. Some of the money could go directly to God. It doesn't matter it is still a cost to you.

So, what the reverse is to hide stuff from consumers - so they can feel like they are paying less but get it in the end anyway?

We need to stop the crooks like Carnival and most business people from fleecing the consumer from their money.

The best way to stop them is to stop sailing with them and find a different type of vacation.

oftlog (not sure what that means) but a price increase is a price increase. You pay $xx more for your cabin now, not the $xx - $100 your neighbour paid 3 months ago.

Gratuities are optional and can be reduced if you see fit. What can be reduced does not equal a fixed cost increase.

It should never be added on the first place. If it is optional then it should be optionally added. Not added and then optionally removed.

If it is added on upfront then it should be advertised as a cost of the cruise.

The best way to stop them is to stop sailing with them and find a different type of vacation.

Naw that is rolling over and giving up. That is exactly what business people want. Aw shucks, it costs me $10 but it's only worth $1. But, I'll pay it because that's just how it is.

This country didn't become great because a bunch of people sat around and just accepted it.

They fought for what is right and what is good for everyone.

This is exactly what I'm trying to do here.

Naw that is rolling over and giving up. That is exactly what business people want. Aw shucks, it costs me $10 but it's only worth $1. But, I'll pay it because that's just how it is.

This country didn't become great because a bunch of people sat around and just accepted it.

Oh, Occupy Cruise Critic, I get it;). I'll pass on this battle, thanks.

i agree with the OP. but that will do little on these boards for you are flamed if you speak your mind any thing close to negative towards cruising, cruise lines etc.

I agree, I should be allowed to tip whatever I choose. sure, i can go and have it adjusted. what a hassle. however, i have received poor service-that would ordinarily cause someone a big fat zero tip in a land based restaurant but for some reason on these boards, people feel like i should feel pity on the employees who CHOOSE to do this job...which is way better than they would be making at home.

an automatic 15% tip added for bringing me a drink? seriously? i had to wave you down-you couldn't speak friendly etc. really? i'm suppose to feel happy and good because i'm helping you out? nope

Tips...

T-to

I-insure

P-proper

S-service

Tips should never ever be assumed or expected until good service is given. I don't pre pay tips before i sit down to eat anywhere else.

I was a waitress who at one point in my life depended on my tips to feed my family. This subject aggravates the fire out of me. You earn tips! Poor service, no tip. Period. I should not have to do a walk of shame to have my tips lowered for your poor service.

BAD BAD BAD CCL!

Nothing is hidden it is cleary printed out for all with comprehension abilities.

Exactly

i agree with the OP. but that will do little on these boards for you are flamed if you speak your mind any thing close to negative towards cruising, cruise lines etc.

Thank you. This is probably the first discussion that i started that i really believe in. and from the get go, I just feel I've been attacked big time. I'm only 23 and have only gone on 3 cruises in my life, but I feel like I have an opinion to discuss and learn.

And it seems like the people here aren't regular Joes', but people with a huge agenda or slant.

It was like a huge army of Carnival mercenaries came after me.

Nothing is hidden it is cleary printed out for all with comprehension abilities.

Here's the attack again. You're like a pitbull just waiting to kill a child for blood.

My comprehension abilities are quite good as are others.

It's just in reality most people to search out all fine print.

Which is why I'm suggestion that it is forced to be the final cost that is advertised. So no one has to read more than usual.

+1.

This is the attitude of a person that doesn't care until it personally affects them.

Shame on you. Think about others for a moment.

Not everyone gets it like you do. We're here to protect others from marketing slander.

Tips...

T-to

I-insure

P-proper

S-service

Tips should never ever be assumed or expected until good service is given. I don't pre pay tips before i sit down to eat anywhere else.

once again, it would be ensure. you don't insure tips, proper service, or anything. :rolleyes:

In this instance then if you don't mind I'll be a part of the problem, there are more pressing matters that require my attention.

This is big. it's a huge problem. I don't think you realize what the tip of the iceburg this is for our economy and society as a whole.

No you actually pay the gratuity when you pay your bill at the end of the cruise.....

I was on the Victory a few years back and looked at my S&S account via my room TV about 2 hours after leaving San Juan. The gratuity charges were already on my bill, long before any service has been performed. I had not yet met my room steward, nor had I consumed any food at the MDR or buffet. I asked about this practice and they told me is was "easier for our accounting department."

You may not technically pay the gratuity until the last day of the cruise, but you have been charged.

And by the way, I have no problem with paying the recommenced gratuity, as the service I've encountered on Carnival and RC has always been excellent. I also usually tip my room guy and my favorite barkeep in cash on day 1 or 2 ... which I find is paid back in excellent service and attention to detail.

I just printed my travel docs; we leave on Elation this Saturday ! WhoooHoooo !!

I'm with ya....it's poor practice(s) what and how the cruiselines treat passengers. look at how air travel has changed-for the better. but for some reason, some people on these boards think we should just shut up and take it, roll over and smile and ask for another. we should be so privelaged to travel by cruise ship. and the mindset around here is just shut up....don't like it, don't cruise. Instead of saying, "hey, that's not right".

The cruiselines hide under the cloak of being flagged from another country i suppose. did you know that a ship CAN board you in one port and disembark you at another port and not even help you get back to your original port? they can photograph you while you are onboard and use your photo without you even knowing it...or your child. yep, you agreed to it, it's in your contract. but don't you dare use theirs....that's a violation lol.

yes, cruising truly is not very customer friendly in many ways...but alas, i still spend my heart/hard earned money taking them. why? i'm really beginning to question it. it's no longer the value they had us believing it was.

once again, it would be ensure. you don't insure tips, proper service, or anything. :rolleyes:

Are you the type of person that calls the newspaper with corrections? My mom worked at a newspaper once and she told hilarious stories of "concerned citizens" that called in all the time with corrections to the paper.

Talk about pressing matters. You should have talked to them.

You'd think like mattered on it.

I think we all got what we he was trying to say without the little correction.

This is big. it's a huge problem. I don't think you realize what the tip of the iceburg this is for our economy and society as a whole.

World hunger is a huge problem. The economy is a huge problem. The price of gas is a huge problem. Terrorism is a huge problem. In the realm of problems this issue isn't even on the radar.

World hunger is a huge problem. The economy is a huge problem. The price of gas is a huge problem. Terrorism is a huge problem. In the realm of problems this issue isn't even on the radar.

Funny, all of those things are caused by needless money manipulation and politics.

Thank you. This is probably the first discussion that i started that i really believe in. and from the get go, I just feel I've been attacked big time. I'm only 23 and have only gone on 3 cruises in my life, but I feel like I have an opinion to discuss and learn.

And it seems like the people here aren't regular Joes', but people with a huge agenda or slant.

It was like a huge army of Carnival mercenaries came after me.

I was right.....you have not been cruising long.......

Archived