HAL official re Oosterdam delay to Sunday Nov 6

billroddy

Highlights of Email to agents from HAL

--------------------------------------

For local guests who are not flying into San Diego

To show our appreciation for delaying your clients' arrival until Sunday, they will receive as a goodwill gesture a $150.00 per person Onboard Credit for the first and second guests in each stateroom, as well as a $75.00 credit for the third and fourth stateroom guests.

For guests who are flying into San Diego

If your clients are flying into San Diego and are able to change their flight to arrive on Sunday, we will reimburse for air change fees up to $100 per person. We will also provide a $150.00 per person Onboard Credit as a goodwill gesture.

If your clients cannot change their flights and are arriving on Saturday, we have arranged for a limited number of complimentary hotel rooms in San Diego as well as complimentary shuttle service to the pier on Sunday morning from the hotel. They will also receive a $75.00 per person Onboard Credit to help offset their shoreside meal expenses on Saturday and Sunday morning. If your clients will need hotel accommodations, please contact us as soon as possible at 1-800-577-1728 or 206-626-7395.

Please note that all Onboard Credits can be redeemed to cash at the end of the voyage if not used.

As an additional token of our apologies for this situation, each guest on this sailing will receive a Future Cruise Credit equal to 25% of the base cruise fare paid for the 7-day Mexican Riviera sailing that was originally scheduled to begin on November 5, 2011. Please see the attached Terms and Conditions for full details of our Future Cruise Credit program.

--------------------

Bill

Ancient Mariner

The Oosterdam will have one day in Puerto Vallarta instead of two

Highlights of Email to agents from HAL

--------------------------------------

.For local guests who are not flying into San Diego

To show our appreciation for delaying your clients' arrival until Sunday, they will receive as a goodwill gesture a $150.00 per person Onboard Credit for the first and second guests in each stateroom, as well as a $75.00 credit for the third and fourth stateroom guests.

For guests who are flying into San Diego

If your clients are flying into San Diego and are able to change their flight to arrive on Sunday, we will reimburse for air change fees up to $100 per person. We will also provide a $150.00 per person Onboard Credit as a goodwill gesture.

If your clients cannot change their flights and are arriving on Saturday, we have arranged for a limited number of complimentary hotel rooms in San Diego as well as complimentary shuttle service to the pier on Sunday morning from the hotel. They will also receive a $75.00 per person Onboard Credit to help offset their shoreside meal expenses on Saturday and Sunday morning. If your clients will need hotel accommodations, please contact us as soon as possible at 1-800-577-1728 or 206-626-7395.

Please note that all Onboard Credits can be redeemed to cash at the end of the voyage if not used.

As an additional token of our apologies for this situation, each guest on this sailing will receive a Future Cruise Credit equal to 25% of the base cruise fare paid for the 7-day Mexican Riviera sailing that was originally scheduled to begin on November 5, 2011. Please see the attached Terms and Conditions for full details of our Future Cruise Credit program.

--------------------

Bill

Ancient Mariner

This may be a stupid question, but it is not clear to me in the wording. Is the 25% of the base price paid, what the passenger actually paid minus the taxes, or is it the price of the lowest price inside cabin?

I hope someone can clarify this for me.

Terri

This may be a stupid question, but it is not clear to me in the wording. Is the 25% of the base price paid, what the passenger actually paid minus the taxes, or is it the price of the lowest price inside cabin?

Terri

It's the price of the cabin they have less taxes and fees. We got a similar (but smaller) credit for missing two ports on a cruise.

Terri

from HAL's announcement:

<snip>As an additional token of our apologies for this situation, each guest on this sailing will receive a Future Cruise Credit equal to 25% of the base cruise fare paid for the 7-day Mexican Riviera sailing that was originally scheduled to begin on November 5, 2011. Please see the attached Terms and Conditions for full details of our Future Cruise Credit program.

It will be 25% of the fare each cruiser paid.

It is BASE price for the discount.. inside N... what ever that is maybe $750... 25% is $187.5 so that is the amount that would be used for the discount.....

For those in an inside N.

"25% of the base cruise fare paid for the 7-day Mexican Riviera sailing that was originally scheduled to begin on November 5, 2011."

Paid more? Bigger amount.

I believe that you can either stay in your own hotel on Saturday night, and receive an onboard credit, or instead you can come to the B Street Pier on Saturday and be given transportation to a different hotel (expect either Sheraton Harbor and Marina or Airport Hilton). You will be picked up on Sunday morning and transported to the ship.

David

Archived