Martini recipes, anyone?

sunworshipper3

We just returned from sailing on the Summit for 11 days, and we have become Martini converts. We have a couple from the Summit's Martini Bar, but would love to collect some others.

So if you have a great Martini recipe, please share.

Thanks so much!

Pat

Hi Pat,

I also love martinis (well, the flavored ones, not the old-fashioned pure alcohol ones!). The only one I make at home, and ALL my friends love and insist I make, is a Cosmopolitan.

COSMOPOLITAN

2 oz. vodka (citrus vodka is nice, but not required)

1 oz. triple sec

2 oz. cranberry juice (i've used various cranberry juice cocktails, and all are good)

1 oz. lime juice (preferably freshly squeezed, but I also have used the bottled lime juice (NOT Roses Lime juice, which is sweetened!))

What is so simple about this is you can make in any quantity, because there are only 4 ingredients, two alcoholic and two juices, and one of each 'category' is half the other. You only need to remember which one is twice the quantity of the other! (2x vodka and cranberry to 1x triple sec and lime). So you can make it by the shaker with jiggers or by the pitcher with cups--just remember two to one quantities.

Try it and let me know how you like it!!

Eileen

I make a mango cosmo that tastes like heaven and will knock you down in a hurry. We have rather large martini glasses, so you may need to adjust the quantities...

4 oz. vodka (I use Belvedere or Grey Goose)

.5-1 oz. triple sec or Cointreau

juice of 1 lime

splash of cranberry juice

1 oz. mango nectar ( I find this at a Mexican grocery store in the juice section)

I've also been experimenting with vanilla vodka lately, and came up with this one:

2 oz. vanilla vodka

1 oz. Godiva white chocolate liqueur

1 oz. Starbucks coffee liqueur

Serve in a frozen martini glass with chocolate sauce drizzled on the inside. Note: Starbucks liqueur has caffeine, so if you're sensitive to caffeine like I am, you may want to skip the Starbucks at night. If I'm making one close to bed, I sub another ounce of Godiva for the Starbucks.

Hi Kate & Eileen! What great Martini recipes!!! Thanks so much - I can't wait to try each one of them.

Does anyone have one for a creme brulee martini?

Any more Martini recipes out there??

It's 5 o'clock somewhere.................

Pat

A really simple martini that my husband loves:

1.5oz Sour Apple liqueur

1.5 oz Grey Goose ( or any other vodka)

Top with lots of crushed ice.

You can make this into a caramel apple martini by adding 1oz of butter shots (butterscotch liqueur)

Thanks so much for the apple martini recipe and the tip on barnone. It's a great site.

Does anyone have a recipe for anything even close to the creme brulee martini served on Celebrity?

Here's shakin'...................... :cool:

Pat

Hi ... Give this a try for the creme brulee martini.

1 oz. Stoli (or other) vodka

1/2 oz. butterscotch schnapps

1/4 oz. chambourd

Rim the martini glass with browned sugar.

Don't know if this is what you wanted, but it's worth a try.

Barb

This one might be more what you're looking for:

1 oz. Stoli Vanilla vodka

1/2 0z. Cointreau

1/2 oz. Frangelico

Splash of cream

This one sounds yummy.

Barb

My favorite-3-4 ingredients Raspberry Stoli vodka, Razmattazz Raspberry liquer, and sour mix, splash of sprite if you want but its' great without.

I use a BIG shot glass (RCCL of course) not sure of the ounces but it's larger than the standard size.

In a shaker with crushed ice

3 shots vodka

2 Razmattazz

1 sour mix

Then SHAKE IT UP BABY! this amount will make about 2.5-3 of the BIG martini glasses. ENJOY. 1 gives a great buzz 2 you have NO worries:)

I've tried this with Smirnoff vodka and prefer Stoli's as it's a little smoother, but make sure you get the flavored. Hope you love it as much as I do!

Just thought of my first martini that got me hooked!

Vanilla Vodka (plain works fine too), Godiva Chocolate Liquer, Baileys

Use large shot glass

Add to shaker with crushed ice

3 vodka

1-2 godiva

1-2 baileys

Follow above instructions:)

This is a creamy drink. I've had it where there is no baileys in it, it's a flat brown ugly color and I do not like it.

Is it happy hour yet!?

Thanks so much, Islandthym! They sound terrific!

My first martini tasted like lighter fluid, so didn't try a second

until the 3/21 sailing of the Summit. Now, I'm hooked.

I'm putting all the wonderful recipes I'v gotten from people

here of CC in book form, so they are organized, and I can

quickly find my choice of the day!!

It's 5 o'clock somewhere!!!!

Thanks again!

Pat :cool:

You people are SICK! YES SICK! SICK AND WRONG... A Martini is either gin or vodka with dry vermouth (and the proper way to do it is wave the open bottle over the Vodka imo) and an olive.. nothing else.. not Chocolate or anything like that. You can make it dirty by adding some olive juice but nothing else is a martini.. Oh there are vodka drinks with all that stuff in them and those are great... they are just not MARTINIS!!

Sign me

A purist in Ann Arbor ;)

(No I am not trying to offend anyone, my tongue is in my cheek, if you get offended you are OBVIOUSLY drinking something fluffy and calling it a martini).

Not offended! Call it fluffy if you want, 2-3 will put anyone on the floor! I used to drink most of these in college in a form of a shot (1-2 oz)...So call them big shots if you want to in a pretty shot glass :)

At least they don't taste like your drinking lighter fluid :)

I bartend alot. I will respectfully add that the 1st cosmopolitan recipe may taste good, but is not the "real deal". Do not use triple sec. Use cointreau. Ideally, Absolut Citron vodka is used, but that is more optional. Of course, always drink to your taste, but the authentic cosmo is w/Cointreau. Note that Cointrea is an orange liquer, similar to triple-ec, but in a different class and flavor.

Also, go to webtender.com for ALOT of martini recipes. I think you can search by key word. "Martini" will yield many results.

It's somewhat sweet so not a "TRUE" martini but boy is it good.

2 parts Stoli's Vanilla Vodka

1 part McCormicks Ke Ke Beach Key Lime Liquor

1 part half and half (or milk or cream)

Mix, shake well with ice, strain and serve in a martini glass rimmed with

crushed graham crackers.

Finding the Ke Ke Beach Key Lime Liquor is the hard part. There is only one place in our area where we can find it.

Enjoy;)

the recipe above mine can be made with just a dash of rose's lime juice with or without the milk/half and half.

It will tase EXACTLY like Key Lime pie. You may need to experiment with the rations but once you get it, you'll be amazed.

Anything else is a cocktail no matter what shape glass they pour it into.

10 parts gin or vodka and a splash of vermouth. To make your first gin martini taste as good as the second a drop of scotch will do the trick (called a Stouffer martini) same as the folks who sell you the frozen plastic dinners.

My personal favorite twist on the classic martini is:

take one martini shaker,

put in a little ice,

pour in 2/3 parts good vodka OR MORE,

and then 1/3 Frangelico liquor (hazelnut liquor, in a tall brown bottle with sometimes an actual fabric rope around the "waist"- originated by monks, and the bottle still takes the shape of one)

shake it up for a moment to chill and mix, and pour. Even better with a sugared rim (just like the salt on a margarita). The sugar forms a very hard crust if done properly (wet the rim lightly, then rub it around a saucer filled with 1/4" of sugar), and you just get a taste of it with each sip, like having rock candy on the rim.

This is the original Chocolate Cake Martini - *NOT THOSE FROU FROU DRINK CONCOCTIONS LIKE AT THE LOCAL CHAIN RESTARUANT.* A Chocolate Cake should never involve Chocolate Syrup, Chocolate liquor, and all of those other silly things. And when you sip it, it really does taste like deep dark chocolate cake (don't know why!) :D

This is the closest to the Citrus martini served on Celebrity's Summit as

we've found:

Absolut Citrus Martini

1 Part Absolut Citron Vodka

1 Part Absolut Mandrin Vodka

Splash of Orange Curacao

Splash of Sour mix (add more to your taste)

Combine in a shaker with ice.

Strain into a chilled martini glass.

Happy cruising!

Pat :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi m&pcoty(Pat) Re: Creme Brulee Martini

We got these two different versions from bartenders on Celebrity:

Grey Goose Vanilla Vodka..1 oz.

Frangelico..1 oz.

Cointreau..1/4 oz.

cream...1 oz.

shake in shaker with ice and strain into martini glass