Cave Tubing & Rainforest Trek

furrrball

• 2 weeks later...

We did it a few years ago.

IMO it's really not much of a rainforest "trek" but the cave tubing was great, my wife still talks about it. One thing. be sure your head lamp is working and has "bright" batteries, wack it in your hand a couple times. I remember a few people had issues with there headlamps fading out. Still even if your light goes out there will be plenty of others with working lights around you, it's not like you are in a black sack.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was a great experience. We booked with shore excursioneer as they offered a discount for purchasing several excursions ... we had a great time! I was surprised by the professionalism of the guides, all equipment was in excellent shape and all the staff did really take care of us (unlike ship excursions). Will be back!

• 2 weeks later...

We did cave tubing with Major Tom, and loved it. The night before, our table mates described it as a "forced march" thru the jungle, at a quick pace. We thought it was a pleasant stroll, and we stopped a lot to look at Fauna and Flora. I even tried a termite. (My daughter tried it first, and said it was minty. I had to find out.)

Once we got to the site, we got off the buses, used the restrooms, grabbed our tubes, and started the walk. I don't recall how far it was, but it was quite reasonable. The tubes are light, but a bit bulky.

Archived