Hope this helps you !

kalos

Hi to everyone,

This is a bit off Cruise topic but knowing how hard you all work and save to get on a cruise , i feel the need to inform you ...

This is a new one on me ... The Mrs drives a mini cab and had just gone to pick a woman up from town and as the street is a dead end you have to do a "3 point turn " in the road. Whilst crawling along at 0.05 MPH a guy taps on window and informs her .." you just ran my foot over" whilst he is stood calm as anything texting on his phone:confused: . Mrs says "no way " and lucky for her, was a Traffic warden yards away. The Mrs shouts the warden over who says " No way Sir , she did not ."

The man stops Texting and says " Give us £100 and I will take it no further" at this Point a young woman comes out of McDonalds with a young kid and tells traffic warden ..." she almost killed us ." When ? asked the traffic warden . She went onto say same time man had his foot run over. ( Now lets guess who he was texting :rolleyes:) Traffic warden said " do you want Paramedic or an ambulance sir to inspect your foot ?" At which point he muttered "Forget it " and the pair with the young kid

ran off.

Should this happen to you, please INSIST on medics there and then .Do not give them any details unless they have the medics examine them .

The local police are aware of the incident.

Sorry about that, :o . I would hate for it to happen to any of you lot so thought best warn/share it with you .Back saving for our cruise :)

It's crazy isn't it. Our son is a Special Police Constable. He was involved in an incident where four young men were in a car that had been involved in a minor shunt. They all claimed to be so badly injured they could not get out of the car. Paramedics were called and two fire engines were on standby to assist. The young men were told that if they were as badly injured as they said, the paramedics were unable to remove them from the car without using a spinal board which would necessitate the roof being cut off the car. The Police Inspector supervising also advised them that if they didn't turn out to be as badly injured as they claimed their insurance would not cover any damage to their vehicle. Needless to say they all got out of the car unaided and walked off down the road grumbling.

Carol x

Whatever next! These two stories horrify me but thanks for posting them so that we are aware of what some of these people are up to. Personally, I'd probably be so naive and gullible that it may never occur to me that someone wasn't telling the truth :confused:

Another popular scam is that someone brakes suddenly and unnecessarily in front of your car, you run into the back of them and they claim off your insurance for whiplash. This happened to my son recently at a roundabout. His insurance company said it is not cost effective to challenge their claim through the courts. He had to claim for the damage to his front bumper so has lost his no-claims bonus. Keep your distance!!

Carol x

Another popular scam is that someone brakes suddenly and unnecessarily in front of your car, you run into the back of them and they claim off your insurance for whiplash. This happened to my son recently at a roundabout. His insurance company said it is not cost effective to challenge their claim through the courts. He had to claim for the damage to his front bumper so has lost his no-claims bonus. Keep your distance!!

Carol x

And you wonder why insurance premiums are so high

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1221960/Crash-cash-fraudster-staged-accidents-1-6m-insurance-money-jailed.html

Archived