I just don't get cruising with Stuffed Animals

Catrin

Unfortunately, there are far too many people in this world that take themselves way too seriously and don't have much of an imagination or a good sense of humor. They're what some would call "sour pusses". My thoughts are, you're on vacation, why not have fun and create some happy memories. You might even make some new friends along the way (bonus!):)

I'm with ya. Don't get it either. I can understand for kids but not adults.

Fun is fun! To some it's getting tipsy, to some it's belly flops, some bake in the sun. To each his own. I never gave thought to doing my pictures this way, but.....next cruise they will have something. I'm stuck in time with my Furby collection (oh, I forgot, that's for kids), now which furby gets the honor of going with me?

I just recently read the start of a review and the couple was shown with a mascot of sorts... stuffed animal in the pictures.

and... saw another review with an Angry Bird all over the ship.

then I saw one with a pirate stuffed doll of some sort.

Can I just say..... I don't get it! :) Some of it is cute, while most is a bit ridiculous.

It reminds me of "Flat Stanley" that I made my kids take to the ball park one year.

Can't we just leave the toys at home? :p

Catrin

I agree!!!! We saw one on the table in MDR on our recent Miracle cruise.

Who would want to eat at a table with a ragged stuffed animal on the table. Not me:p

YEAH!!! LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!

and as the poster of the original Angry Bird thread I say.... lighten the heck up! Is it hurting you? Is it offending you somehow? I'm not really sure why you HAVE to get it..... If you don't get it, move on, and make your plans for your on board bridge tournament and participate in the moaning and arguing in the next smoking thread.

But to start a whole topic about not getting something...really?

I agree. OP may not understand why some people feel the need to travel with a stuffed animal and document their travels that way. I don't understand why some people feel the need to belittle and complain about the harmless actions of others. I would bet that the reviews of those traveling with stuffed cabin mates are a whole lot more fun to read than the reviews written by people who complain about such things.

And I travel with Penguino, a stuffed penguin that DS won for me at Universal Studios many years ago. He guards the room most of the time, but he occasionally gets out in my beach bag. He had a good time on Bourbon Street last year and went catamaran sailing in Maui.

• Like 1

A little pink teddy bear goes on my cruises.

He, mostly, stays in my room.

I have returned and found him tucked into bed, or wearing my sunglasses, or hanging out with a towel animal.

Many years ago, on teacher appreciation day, he was presented to me by a little girl who will never get to go on a cruise.

I agree. OP may not understand why some people feel the need to travel with a stuffed animal and document their travels that way. I don't understand why some people feel the need to belittle and complain about the harmless actions of others. I would bet that the reviews of those traveling with stuffed cabin mates are a whole lot more fun to read than the reviews written by people who complain about such things.

And I travel with Penguino, a stuffed penguin that DS won for me at Universal Studios many years ago. He guards the room most of the time, but he occasionally gets out in my beach bag. He had a good time on Bourbon Street last year and went catamaran sailing in Maui.

Isn't that exactly what you are doing about the OPs post?:confused:

If complaining is their thing,than thats their thing isn't it?

I think it's sort of like the Travelling Gnome thing. You take a mascot of some sort and take a picture of whatever places you go to. It's just a fun way to remember your vacation. And you could possibly think of the stuffed animal or what have you as standing in your place since it's awfully hard to take a photo of yourself visiting such and such location.

Is it silly? Sure, but it's no fun being serious all the time. :) Just my two cents.

I agree. I took a little dog dressed for Halloween and only took it to the M & M. The rest of the time, it stayed in my cabin, either next to Joe's picture or nestled among the towel animals. I haven't decided if I am going to take one on our March cruise yet. I might if something catches my eye like the little dog did one day when I was in CVS.

It's called having fun... some of us do it in different ways. I have a stuffed Mickey Mouse that travels with us (like the travelling Gnome thing). Why question someone having fun? I guess I like having fun in my own way, and I won't apologize for it.

It is fun. The Halloween cruise is the first time I have done it.

Because the average person who believes that is a hypocrite.

Lets say you see some youth walking down the ships hall with "Baggy" pants on (those that hang down below thier arse so you can see their skivvies) with one off their hands holding them up so they don't hit the floor.

Does everyone think that is OK?

I will be the first to admit .....pull your darn pants up,it looks rediculous to me.

But really,.....stuffed animals are inscribed with meaning by their owners and in their act of acquisition. They are, a fetish of our own making, and a fixation that provides no easy solutions. (Transculture,thanks to Walter Putnam)

We all see or hear things that we may not personally "GET" . Hell I don't "GET" how people enjoy going to a freezeing cold mountain and ski down it *LOL :). But more power to the people who do and have fun doing it.

Outside of doing a double take , shaking my head and having a good chickle. I don't let stuff like that bother me too much.

Is the kid with his pants falling down any worse than the middle aged guy with the BAAAAAAAAD Toupee , Or the middle aged woman who still dresses like a Spice Girl.

They all make for great people watching

You don't have to "get it." If you don't want to do it, don't do it.

I think it's kind of cute though, and wouldn't mind doing it myself if I find the perfect one to take along with us on our next cruise. :)

Don't really care what other people think, if they don't "get it". Not my problem. :)

To me it looks like it would be fun, and everyone has different ideas of fun.

Isn't that exactly what you are doing about the OPs post?:confused:

If complaining is their thing,than thats their thing isn't it?

You are right. I should have left it alone. I certainly don't want to be grouped in with the large group of complainers that exists on this board. I guess I felt the need to respond because I do carry a stuffed animal.

Loved the angry bird review, cracked me up! I have seen a few others with stuffed animals of some sort since, but they didn't tickle me like the angry bird did!! lol I don't see anything wrong with it, who cares if everyone GETS IT???

I loved the Angry Bird review. That's right, it's our vacation, after all.

Unfortunately, there are far too many people in this world that take themselves way too seriously and don't have much of an imagination or a good sense of humor. They're what some would call "sour pusses". My thoughts are, you're on vacation, why not have fun and create some happy memories. You might even make some new friends along the way (bonus!):)

I had never thought of doing it until I saw that cute little dog dressed for Halloween. He was only out of the cabin one time.

This thread proves that people will complain about absolutely anything. :rolleyes:

Isn't that the truth???? It's not like anyone is asking them to carry it for them. Why complain about things people have with them on cruises??????

To me life is so stressful and so many people wake up angry that if something silly makes even one person happy, then keep it up. It's just

being silly. I get a kick out of the fact that people are having fun

and just laughing. Don't we have enough people b-tching about things?:D

You are right. I should have left it alone. I certainly don't want to be grouped in with the large group of complainers that exists on this board. I guess I felt the need to respond because I do carry a stuffed animal.

I am only kidding you.:)

If you enjoy what you are doing and it does not harm anyone,there is nothing wrong with it.